Profile for Kathy > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch
Spirit Walkers: Curse of the Cypress Witch

4.0 out of 5 stars nice time filler, 26 July 2014
Good little game, with interesting storyline and lovely graphics. Not too taxing on the brain, and it's nice to have bright colours instead of dark gloom, plus more characters involved in the actual game-play

Revived Legends: Road of the Kings Collector's Edition
Revived Legends: Road of the Kings Collector's Edition

4.0 out of 5 stars colourful game, 22 Jun 2014
Enjoying this game so far, nice to have colourful scenery, not dark gloomy places, the storyline is drawing me in, I like the fantasy characters too.
The puzzles I've done so far have been ok, and hidden objects includes moving objects to expose others, or using them to find objects.
Is working ok on my Kindle, a little slow to load scenes, but not enough to annoy, so I will rate it a 4.5

House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame Collector's Edition
House of 1000 Doors: Serpent Flame Collector's Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant game, 27 May 2014
Have just started this game and I'm hooked, even though I hate snakes!
There's a good storyline, great graphics, interesting games - I like the novel take on the hidden object game. In this game you need to PUT the object in the appropriate place in the picture, and that is not easy, some pieces are difficult to see, or link. Definitely a game to recommend.

Amazon PowerFast Charger for Accelerated Charging, UK (for Kindle Fire tablets and Kindle e-readers)

5.0 out of 5 stars quick charge, 5 May 2014
Needed a new charger when the last one went pop. This one is definitely quicker than the one supplied with my kindle, as I seemed to always need to be plugging it in before, so am really pleased with my purchase

100 Codes Guide
100 Codes Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars great help, 5 May 2014
This review is from: 100 Codes Guide (App)
Am really enjoying the game, but at times just needed a helping hand.
The guide gives a clue first, then if stuck you can opt to pay to see a walkthrough, which I won't use. There is also the solution available for the third option

Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story
Vampires: Todd and Jessica's Story

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 4 May 2014
Really enjoying this game. Interesting storyline, great graphics, and nice mix of puzzles and hidden objects.
Definitely a game I'd recommend

100 Country Hits & Greatest Country Classics - The Very Best Classic Country Music Collection

4.0 out of 5 stars nice collection, 2 May 2014
A really nice mix of country and easy listening music, great for in the car on a long journey. Some popular singers - Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash as well as less well known, but most songs were known.

Inbetween Land
Inbetween Land

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, 26 April 2014
This review is from: Inbetween Land (App)
Although it took ages to download, it was worth it. I have enjoyed the storyline and lovely graphics. It is also nice to have a variety of puzzles, not just repetitions such as constant hidden object ones, so my interest was kept up. The help from hint buttons and inventory notes were useful too.

The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition
The Beast of Lycan Isle Collector's Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant game, 16 Mar 2014
As usual I'm impressed with another Big Fish game. Interesting storyline, nice mix of puzzles with excellent graphics. Kept me well entertained. I like the notebook style diary to give you hints along the way. So far I've not needed to press the hint button, but I have just unlocked the game.

Twelve Years a Slave
Twelve Years a Slave

5.0 out of 5 stars a must read, 12 Mar 2014
Having heard so much about the film, I thought I'd read this.
I had never appreciated that freed blacks could have to suffer the agony of being enslaved. This book really brings home his ordeal, and that of other slaves. Well recommended.
It is written in the English of the era, but is still easy to read - even if the subject matter makes you feel appalled by man's inhumanity to man.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7