Profile for Michelle Henderson > Reviews

Content by Michelle Henderson

Michelle Henderson (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Star Pack Curtain Wire 100cm With Hooks & Eyes
Star Pack Curtain Wire 100cm With Hooks & Eyes
Offered by MightyHousewares

5.0 out of 5 stars this curtain wire was easily cut to size and has served its purpose very ..., 5 July 2014
Much wider than 100cm, this curtain wire was easily cut to size and has served its purpose very well.

Viking Folding Cargo Trike - Blue
Viking Folding Cargo Trike - Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars I'd love to give this trike a 5 star review because ..., 5 July 2014
Hmm. I'd love to give this trike a 5 star review because it's generally well made and such a good thing for those of us who have stuff to move around but want to stop burning fossil fuels. Nevertheless, there are issues...

Fast delivery found us helping a poor courier with a big offloading proposition. The trike arrived well-packed in a large box with plenty of protective packing. Inside the box there was a booklet. Instructions? No, only a general booklet about owning bikes. My partner and I have had 24 hours of hell trying to get this bike onto the road. One of the worst things was trying to figure out how to get the handlebars into a usable position. Furthermore, the gear change mechanism and bell were on the wrong sides of the trike. Nevertheless, it is now on the road and we are intent on keeping it.

The folding feature is a bit of a flop. The retaining screws and fixtures basically fall apart and are a devil to put back together. We will not be attempting to fold the bike at any time in the future.

Be aware that this is a heavy piece of equipment. Also, if you have ever ridden a bike you are at a disadvantage with a trike. You will at first try to balance yourself as you pedal, and that just throws your steering everywhere. That is not a fault of the trike in any way, just something to be aware of!

Overall, I think that after a bad start I will enjoy owning this trike.

Update 09/07/2014: Just found the frame serial number for this trike. Well actually I have found the first three characters of it; the rest of the serial number has been welded over during manufacture!

Honeywell T6360B1028 Room Thermostat
Honeywell T6360B1028 Room Thermostat
Offered by Plumbing Supermarket

4.0 out of 5 stars No Hassle Installation, 25 Feb. 2014
This thermostat was quite a joy to install. Instructions were clear. The terminals (facing forwards and just above the dial behind the faceplate) have large screws and readily grip the wires. The faceplate itself is secured by two plastic clips on the underside and a single screw above.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the calibration leaves quite a bit to be desired. Mine was about 3-4 degrees C off the mark. Nevertheless, after removing the faceplate the dial can be just gently prised off and reseated as appropriate.

Interpet Power Filter - PF1
Interpet Power Filter - PF1

3.0 out of 5 stars Second Purchase - Bit of a Lottery, 30 Jan. 2014
We are now on the second of these pumps. The first one was nice and quiet but failed after about 18 months. We decided to buy another of the same type because we still had numerous filter pads left in stock.

After a few days of trouble-free use, suddenly the noise started... probably much the same noise as reported by so many others on this site. Anyway, we still had the parts from the old broken filter. We took off the two plastic parts that control the volume of flow through the pump and replaced them with the ones from the old pump. Success! No noise.

I guess that some people are lucky with this pump and others are not.

Wok Brush 4x27cm long Superior quality Bamboo
Wok Brush 4x27cm long Superior quality Bamboo
Offered by cookware company

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs Elbow Grease, but Very Effective, 25 Jan. 2014
We are using this regularly to clean a steel wok and a cast iron griddle pan. The idea was to use it in place of detergents and scouring pads and thereby avoid having to re-season the metal all the time.

By and large, it's a success. It will remove baked on pieces of food with just cold water, although often quite a bit of work is needed. It's also easy to splash water all over the place. Small pieces of bamboo tend to break off, so it's unlikely to last us for years. The brush itself also rinses clean under cold water.

After cleaning with this brush, we've taken to rubbing over the pans with a small amount of oil on a paper towel. That does remove extra grime, but effectively we are still re-seasoning the metal after each use.

LLOYTRON ATHENA CERAMIC TABLE LAMP - BLACK
LLOYTRON ATHENA CERAMIC TABLE LAMP - BLACK
Offered by OnlineTyme

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but take care with assembly, 11 Jan. 2014
This lamp is packed into a small box by securing the base of the lamp inside the shade. Unfortunately it's a tight fit, and it's really quite awkward to get the base out without damaging the shade. Nevertheless, once that's done the lamp has quite a good appearance. No bulb is supplied, but in any case we wanted to fit an 11W low energy candle bulb in it. Cable length is about 1.5m. with the switch about 30cm. from the base of the lamp. The E14 screw fit for the bulb seems to be just plastic, but it's adequate if treated with care.

S15 SMD Under Cabinet LED Fluorescent Tube Light 284mm - Warm White - Clear Cover
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Low Energy Solution for a Rented Property, 7 Jan. 2014
We rent our home and so cannot readily replace fittings. The existing strip light over the bathroom mirror was using no less than 60W. This LED-based replacement uses so much less energy at 5W and is brighter too. Part of the improved brightness comes from the fact that the LEDs are all mounted in a single plane, so the tube can be turned in its sockets to shine in the ideal direction.

The tube was a slightly tight fit into the two sockets at its ends, but it did go in. Electrical contact was fine in our fitting because the contacts are just springs.

As usual from this supplier, delivery was really fast.

Auraglow B22 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor 5 pack
Auraglow B22 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor 5 pack
Offered by mumeng

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for Converting to LED Bulbs, 6 Jan. 2014
We've wanted to replace many of our regular household bulbs with low energy bulbs and find that 5W LED bulbs with GU10 fittings suit us best. With these adaptors we can easily plug the LED bulbs into our existing bayonet light fittings. The LED bulbs fit easily into the adaptors without forcing and equally the adaptors fit snugly into the bayonet fittings. Very prompt delivery.

TP-LINK TL-WA701ND 150 Mbps Wireless N Access Point - Version 2.0
TP-LINK TL-WA701ND 150 Mbps Wireless N Access Point - Version 2.0
Offered by Deals4Geeks

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Way Round USB WiFi Problems with Linux, 18 Dec. 2013
I used to reliably connect to my home network with a USB WiFi adapter under Linux until I upgraded to Debian Wheezy. Then my wireless networking came to an abrupt end. After a couple of days of fruitless reconfiguration I decided to buy this access point.

After connecting to it with a simple LAN cable, it was easy to configure it in "Client" mode and enter the SSID and WPA key for my BT Home Hub. The access point then just reboots itself and all is sweetness and light.

Performance is better through this access point than it was with the USB adapter too.

Nature's Answer Periowash Mouthwash 480 ml
Nature's Answer Periowash Mouthwash 480 ml
Offered by Discount Vitamins and Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Flouride-Free Solution, 7 Dec. 2013
I've been trying to substitute all of my dental products for fluoride-free ones, and mouthwash was not the easiest to deal with. PerioWash suits me just fine. Even though the instructions suggest using 2 capfuls, I find that one is more than enough. For me the taste is good and the product leaves a nice fresh tingle after use.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15