Profile for David > Reviews

Dragons Den Game
Offered by Winning Moves UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Family fun with a nice twist, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: Dragons Den Game (Toy)
I had no idea what a Dragons Den game would be like, the description above was enough for me to give it a shot. I was worried it may not be for my kids, but the way its designed it works well with little ones.

My first trial run with the family today caused exactly the kind of competition and chaos a great boardgame should. I do think though that it actually turned my son into a ruthless businesman during the course of play.

I loved the way the inventions are all real and many well known but written in a cryptic enough way that you either second guess yourself or take a guess based on a single word, from my 1st play I can say the inventions were well balanced, my only negative is the cards could be thicker with all wear and tear they will take in family hands.

Recommeded to all budding businessmen and for people who want to see their children turn into mini Peter Jones'. Above all just lots of fun!

Dragons' Den: Grow Your Business: How to expand from small to big
Dragons' Den: Grow Your Business: How to expand from small to big
by Stuart Warner
Price: 10.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid advice in an accessible format, 25 Oct 2010
I was bought the new Dragons Den series of books as a gift and have found them to be great pick up and put down business advice. Its interesting seeing how pitches that we have all seen on the show are analysed & insights are gained. Grow your business, is a solid book, perfect for some inspiration, and not too heavy as to daunt you. I will keep this on my bookshelf.

Puzzler World (Nintendo DS)
Puzzler World (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Oct 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Picked this up today and have only just put it down to write this,

I now own both Puzzler titles and this is great improvement on the original. The screen is clear and easy to work with the new puzzles are fun and intuitive. It takes up from where Puzzler 1 left off but seems to have ironed out the graphical and gameplay flaws of the original. The new reward mechanism is fun and something that was missing from its first outing.

Its a must have if you like Puzzles, this is genuinely very good indeed
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 18, 2011 10:55 AM GMT

NewU: Fitness First Personal Trainer (Wii)
NewU: Fitness First Personal Trainer (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wii's Best fitness game by miles, 23 Sep 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I can honestly say this is the closest thing to a gym workout at home yet.

The use of real video footage and has a level of interaction that is not seen on other the excersise games I have purchased its like an excersise DVD that is reposnsive and feeds back to you. The workouts are built around your goals and they can even be tailored to certain sports which was a ice addition.

The game was easy to get into and you could choose the trainer you want for certain excerises. The other review mentioned cheesy trainers and I suppose a couple of them are, but you have the choice not to use them, if you dont like smiley people pushing you to work out.

I shall be getting my money's worth over the colder winter months, when leaving the house late to work out isnt that appealing any more.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 25, 2009 8:18 AM BST

Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2 (Nintendo DS)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire 2 (Nintendo DS)
Offered by NO_LIMITS
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A marked improvement on previous game, 1 Dec 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I bought edition 1 last year and reviewed it favourably, however put against this edition it really doesnt stand up. Everything feels slicker, the video, the ability to choose specialist subjects and even the menu's seem more polished. I'd like to think that the makers had been on this site and taken notice.

There was an issue with a limited amount of questions on version 1 and this has thankfully been resolved as this new game claims to have double the amount of questions. Although I personally didnt have an issue with questions in version 1 people that played it very regularly could definately feel a case of de ja vu.

I do recommend this for working out the grey matter, Millionaire games are usually good value and this one for me does seem a good edition to my collection.

Puzzler Collection (Nintendo DS)
Puzzler Collection (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Global Xpress
Price: 6.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Puzzler on DS, 4 Aug 2008
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this game last Friday as I have read the Puzzler magazines on holiday for years and always thought they were the best of the bunch. As this was an official game I had quite high expectations.

I must say the format does take a little getting to, but once you get it, its very addictive. I liked that I can choose my preferences and only do Wordsearches and Crosswords if I wanted, or try something different with the variety on there.

For me its replaced the Metro on the long journey to work, and although its challenging if you play the proffessional levels, you can make it as easy or hard as you like. (My daughter is currently impressing the family on beginner crosswords)

I do think it fills a gap on the DS and If its still this enjoyable in a months time it will have been a good purchase indeed.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2009 8:30 PM GMT

Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (Nintendo DS)
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (Nintendo DS)
Offered by Renaissance
Price: 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little challenge, 13 Nov 2007
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
My DS has had a fair bit of use over the past 6 months and its really enjoying tackling the Millionaire game. I play this on the journey to work in the morning and I have only been asked the same question once so theres a fair bit of content on there. Ive yet to win the million but very close a couple of times, and managed to pick up a sack full of trivia along the way. The video is a nice touch and it feels much more immersive than the versions I have bought previously. Highly recommended.

Replay Radio
Replay Radio

5.0 out of 5 stars Record live radio, 29 Nov 2005
This review is from: Replay Radio (CD-ROM)
Fantastic little product. Bought this to listen to Radio on my MP3 player. Really simple to use, and loads of options to do more advanced stuff.
I recorded a live U2 concert from the radio on my PC straight to my MP3. A really handy little piece of kit.