Profile for Miss Mary-Ann-Gracie Maria > Reviews

Content by Miss Mary-Ann-...

Miss Mary-Ann-Gracie Maria (Unknown)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Copic Set B Pastel Glitter Marker Pen (Pack of 12)
Copic Set B Pastel Glitter Marker Pen (Pack of 12)
Price: 16.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvellous!, 8 May 2014
I was worried when the pens arrived. I knew copic was a very good brand, and I had no doubt that these would have had lots of effort put into making them, but the some of the reviews said that these didn't work too well. Boy, was I wrong!
When they say 'twinkling like stars' they aren't exaggerating. They really do sparkle- a lot! I had to use them a little before it really started coming out.
These colours are- like the name suggests- pastel, so maybe the set A would be better to get if you want vibrant color.
All in all, I recommend these. They are perfect for adding a little sparkle to art, or writing!

Sphero 2.0 Robotic Ball Gaming System for Smartphone
Sphero 2.0 Robotic Ball Gaming System for Smartphone
Offered by Elegant accessories
Price: 87.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Great....for the first few minutes., 21 Feb 2014
This ball was fun for the first few minutes, but it quickly ran out of functionality. I quickly discovered all the things it could do, and I have some recommendations for people who want to buy it.
1. Alone or Multiplayer?
I've (so far) been playing alone with it. I know when friends come around, it will probably get more interesting... But if you don't have any friends coming around to play, then it does get tedious.
2. Tricks?Well....
I've tried rolling the ball into other people's rooms, but they'd have to be quite engrossed in their work not to hear. It does make quite a noise.
3.Driving.
The controls are a bit hard to get used to, but the ball does travel quite fast.
4. Charging.
It does have a really good charge. I also liked how it came with adapter plugs for other countries, which is perfect if you want to take your Sphero into other countries. French, English, American, and one more plug was what was included in the box.
5. Ramps.
The included ramps are good, but a little small. I often miss them if I'm driving at full speed.
6.Apps.
While I'm talking about the Sphero, I might as well mention the apps.
Chromo- Urmm... The idea is quite good but the controls are a bit hard.
Drive- This is good, I'd reccomend this to any new Sphero user.
Draw n' Drive- This is quite fun for the arty people.
All in all, it's a good toy, but if you're the type that is more used to things that are more immersive, then don't buy it. If you're getting this for your kids to play with and if they're under 13, then this may work.
3 1/2 stars.

Wacom Bamboo Stylus Solo 2 - Pink
Wacom Bamboo Stylus Solo 2 - Pink
Price: 14.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Stylus!, 4 Feb 2014
This stylus is wonderful. I've been using it for about two to three months now, and it works without a hitch.
The stylus is sleek, a bit short in my opinion, but it doesn't really matter. The grip is good, and it doesn't slip out of your hands. The nib is responsive, working almost every time I tap it on the screen of my ipad. It is small, weighted well, and overall a good product. I would suggest to buy a pack of wacom nibs to go with it (if you're going to use it not just for art, but for everything) since mine has just worn down. It would be nice for the stylus to have a slightly firmer nib, and/or a little pen tip inside it to stop it from being squashed down when you press it hard on the screen.
Other then that, I'd recommend this stylus to anyone who wants to do art with it or just play games.

Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet
Wacom Bamboo Pen Graphics Tablet

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Gift for Artists, 20 Jan 2014
A while back I got this as a gift to my mother. She loves art, so I decided to try this on her.She adores it. It's much easier working on then a mouse, since the mouse is... Difficult and not precise. I bought this with Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, and she is in 7th heaven of delight. It's an easy to use art program that suits the wacom tablets perfectly.
I hope this helps.

Balalabeads Beautiful Silver Plated 20cm Bracelet 'I Love Pink' Collection - with Six Handmade Lampwork Glass Beads and Four Metal Spacer Beads
Price: 10.26

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 10 Nov 2013
If you are pondering weather to buy this or not, let me put your mind at ease.
The bracelet is beautiful. I am wearing it while I type,and I keep on pausing to look at it. The colors look a bit off in the picture, but in real life the beads are prettily pink. The silver plated chain is lovely too. I cannot think of anything bad to say about this bracelet, except for the stiffness of the heart clasp. It is a little difficult to put it on yourself.
All in all, it is a great bracelet, and I thoroughly recommend it.

Manga Studio 5 (PC/Mac)
Manga Studio 5 (PC/Mac)
Price: 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Manga Studio=Perfect Program For Artists, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Manga Studio 5 (PC/Mac) (DVD-ROM)
I was rather nervous as I set this up.From the pictures I had seen, this looked like the layout was going to be a bit more complex then I thought it would be.
Quite the opposite, actually.
I was mentally shouting: "Yes!!!!!Finally! A program that is easy to use, easy to get immersed in, easy to make stuff look amazing!!!".
It's definitely a PROgram (get it?) for Artists.
You can enhance and create pictures. Where do I start?

BRUSHES

They have a lovely range of brushes. Blenders, Flowers, Rubble, Fences, Oil Paint, Pencils, Trees, Grass, e.c.t......Everything an artist needs to create backgrounds!

ZOOM TOOL

Drawing on a computer can be very difficult, the mouse is not quite as precise as we would like it to be, graphics tablets do help....But..There's just something unique about pencil and paper. Yes, I know many art packages have a zoom tool, but I just felt like mentioning it. Also, you can rotate the canvas.

LAYERS

Very useful, since you can edit one layer, and it won't effect the other.

3D MODELS

You get two 'people' models and two 'drawing' models. The 'people' models are very handy, since you can alter them, and pose them. Plus, you can use objects (like footballs and such) to add to the scene. The 'drawing' models help when you are trying to draw a person in a particular position.

SUMMARY

I just love this program....I mean, it's perfect for artists!I didn't even start to go in the detail of panels and other things!
Sure, It's not like it's going to make you a perfect artist overnight, but it certainly does help enhance and create excellent pictures!

Girl About Time Book 1:Ruby Red
Girl About Time Book 1:Ruby Red
by Kerstin Gier
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Priceless Read, 22 July 2013
I admit I was a little bit wary of the cover. Yes, I know, I was wary that this would be a horror story, with tons of killing and...... Not nice stuff.
I would recommend this book to most ages, maybe not for younger readers, since this is not an early reading book. I digress...
Girl About Time: Ruby Red is NOT A HORROR STORY. It is instead a Time Travel-Romance-thriller. Thriller as a book that will excite many readers and will keep them entertained. It has only one horror part (not enough to give anyone nightmares, so parents, you do not need to worry. If the cover will scare some younger readers, then I'd advise you to get this: Ruby Red (Ruby Red (Trilogy - Quality))) , but that wasn't too bad. For most, it wouldn't be considered a horror part at all.
Okay, now time for a quick overview of the plot (I am missing out many of the minor, but important details).
Between the new change in her life, the crushes she is developing, and the homework she has, how will her life ever be the same?
Gwyneth Shepard (who I shall call Gwyn) was just your average girl, except for knowing about the time travel gene that runs through her family and her strange ability to see ghosts (don't worry, they are friendly and funny ghosts.). Everybody in her family knows that she doesn't have the time travel gene, of course. They all know that her cousin, Charlotte, will have it. A great scientist (whom I shall not name, since that spoils the secret) calculated the date of the 'ruby's' birth date (Each time traveler is after a certain gem. There are twelve gems in all, a few are: Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, ect....). Charlotte has been prepared all her life for this.After all, she was born on the right date, and Gwyn was born a day after her. But, one day, Gwyn goes back in time! Only for a couple of minutes, though. Three times she goes back, until, eventually, she confesses to her mum.Soon she gets swept up in a huge secret, that few know about.....She never will be an ordinary, 21st century girl again.
I just have one warning.
These are addictive!Once you read this, you'll want the next!
I hope this helps.

Fabulous Flowers (Klutz)
Fabulous Flowers (Klutz)
by Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Flowertastic!, 22 Dec 2012
I didn't think these would be easy to make, but they are so easy and beautiful to make! You choose from which colour petals you want to put on your flower, and then you glue! I loved this, but be warned! These are addictive!

Oscar's Lonely Christmas (Holly Webb Animal Stories)
Oscar's Lonely Christmas (Holly Webb Animal Stories)
by Holly Webb
Price: 4.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Oscar, 21 Dec 2012
Hannah has a lovely surprise, Oscar! But, Zak, her younger brother, is doing many bad things to Oscar, like 'hugging' him too hard, that Oscar is to the point that he almost can't breathe! But, then again, Hannah can't complain, because her parents always stand up for Zak. At least she has Oscar. The problem is, her cousins are coming around!They are younger then Zak, and they might hurt Oscar even worse! So she takes Oscar for a walk out into the snow But, she gets lost! Can Oscar help?

Christmas in Enchantia (Magic Ballerina)
Christmas in Enchantia (Magic Ballerina)
by Darcey Bussell
Price: 5.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas in Enchantia, 21 Dec 2012
This book enchanted ( forgive the pun ) me! Darcy Bussell writes beautifully, and this is a good Christmassy read! It is Christmas eve, and Delphie is tingling from the top of her hair bun to the bottom of her magical red ballet shoes! She was going to perform s Clara in The Nutcracker ballet show that her ballet class was going to put on! Just as she was about to step out on stage, she goes to Enchantia to find that the Christmas eve ball has been wrecked by the King Rat! Can she save the ball? Or will King Rat's plans succeed? Read this to find out!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3