Profile for rob1902 > Reviews

UCI X5 SUMO - Latex Palm Coated Cut Resistant Glove - 9/Large
UCI X5 SUMO - Latex Palm Coated Cut Resistant Glove - 9/Large
Offered by parkroyaltimbersltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value., 15 April 2014
I can't really fault these for the money. I would say they are a small size 9 but that is better for me. I got them to protect my hands when sharpening axes and cutting metal, they have protected me well so far. Glad I bought them and happy to recommend them.

Lansky Sharpeners Universal Mount
Lansky Sharpeners Universal Mount

4.0 out of 5 stars An essential accessory., 15 April 2014
There's no question a mount makes it easier to use the hones over a long period. If being able to pack this in the box matters go for this one. If not buy the one piece mount as it irritates having to constantly tighten the screw in centre column. Well made item.

Buffalo Horn Warrior Fire Piston
Buffalo Horn Warrior Fire Piston
Offered by Survival School

3.0 out of 5 stars possibly better to buy a non valve version., 5 Mar. 2014
I hadn't considered how the uncomfortable to use the valve would make it to use, at least in the recommended way. You are told to push down hard and fast on the handle. If this was the non valve version you would be pushing on a relatively large smooth buffalo horn top, as it is you have a small brass valve to push on. Not comfortable. I can grip it hard enough on the sides to push down with force, others may not be able to. In principle the valve makes sense, in practise less so.

SEBO X4EXTRA Automatic Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1300 W
SEBO X4EXTRA Automatic Upright Vacuum Cleaner - 1300 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Dyson beater, 5 Mar. 2014
So glad I ditched the Dyson and got this. It is so much easier to use and much cleaner when disposing of the dust. The bags last for ages as well.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars very fine axe for a lot less than the classic trekking axe., 5 Mar. 2014
This may not be Hultafors most expensive axe but it is still a quality item. It is well made and certainly made light work of the logs I chopped. The finish on the handle is short of my Gransfor Bruks but a bit of sanding and linseed oil sorted that out. As others have said the sheath is a bit of an after thought so I bought a better one. I think the axe deserves it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 15, 2014 11:22 PM GMT

Vax U89-MAF2-R Air Force 2 Reach Multi Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U89-MAF2-R Air Force 2 Reach Multi Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars Is the brake still on?, 9 Jan. 2014
That was what my wife said when she tried to push it. Rear wheel design is very poor, it feels like a tank to move around. Perhaps we got a faulty model. I am in the process of returning it and getting a refund. All the more suprising as I have other VAX products that are excellent.

Bahco  PG-L2-E Ergonomic SECateurs
Bahco PG-L2-E Ergonomic SECateurs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but no Felco beater., 9 Jan. 2014
I bought these for use in my greenhouse. They are not of the same quality as my wife's Felco model 2 secateurs but Bahco also have a more expensive range so perhaps the comparison is not fair. They feel comfortable in the hand and cut cleanly. They have not had prolonged use as yet though. I gave 4 stars, not five, simply because the close latch is fiddly and does not inspire confidence.

S2S Alphalight Aluminium 3pc Cutlery Set
S2S Alphalight Aluminium 3pc Cutlery Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly light and strong., 11 Jun. 2013
If you don't fancy a spork you can have the whole set for little more than the weight of some sporks. They feel fairly strong and are great value compared to titanium. For the ultralightweight community these can be beaten , I have come across bamboo cutlery at 3 grams a piece but it is far more delicate.

Coffee Master 5-Cup Syphon / Vacuum Glass Coffee Maker
Coffee Master 5-Cup Syphon / Vacuum Glass Coffee Maker
Offered by Sourcing4U Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing price - great coffee!, 9 Jan. 2013
I bought this model after buying the Hario version for £54.95. The differences in materials (as far as I can tell) are zero other than no brand marks, making this one an amazing bargain. Why buy two? Well its actually cheaper to buy this than spare parts for the Hario and I get to keep one at work. Well at least until I break something! Go ahead buy it, several of my work colleagues are after watching me use it and hearing the great price. It fun to use and it makes excellent coffee. I do know what I'm talking about(well about coffee anyway), I roast and grind my own coffee.

Kensington Wireless 2.4 GHz USB Presenter and Red Laser Pointer - Compatible with PowerPoint and KeyNote

4.0 out of 5 stars Kensington Si600, 11 Oct. 2011
This wireless presenter basically does 'what it says on the tin' and no more. However it does not disappoint in terms of performance. What it does (essentially control powerpoint presentation slides) it does, in my experience, faultlessly. You simply plug in the USB stick and it works. The version I bought has the laser pointer which is occasionally useful. The slot in the handle for the USB stick is sensible as is the laser being disabled when the stick is in place. In summary an easy product to recommend for the money.