Profile for Kay > Reviews

Content by Kay

Kay (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Working Stiff (Runaway Billionaires: Casimir): Runaway Billionaires #1 (Billionaires in Disguise)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't resist that title?, 19 May 2016
With a title like that could you really resist hitting that ‘one click’ button?

I’ve loved books by Blair Babylon since reading Rae many years ago. Right from the very first page I’ve been addicted and couldn’t get enough of her characters. I recently hit a book funk and no matter what book I picked up it just couldn’t hold my attention. Then came along Casimir and my love for books came alive once more.

There are thousands of books on my Kindle, yet no other series or author has managed to hold my attention. Casimir is no exception. Right from the very first page I was hooked, I loved Rox from the start and found she’s a character many women can relate to. How many of us come across the office hunk, who for one reason or another we feel is out of our reach? Yet in this new book by Blair Babylon we get to see another side to the office hunk and find he’s deeper than the ocean. There’s so much more to him than meets the eye.

Rox and Casimir make such a wonderful couple. Casimir’s past just broke my heart; I was so emotional reading about what he had been through. Rox couldn’t have been any more perfect for Casimir. Rox comes across as the strongest of the pair, with her quick wit, ‘go get ‘em’ attitude and thick skin, she’s just what Casimir needs. Yet when Rox breaks, there’s no one more understanding than Casimir to help her through it.

As always you don’t just get a straightforward love story from a book by Blair. There’s office politics, book bitches, action, murder, amazing support characters and hot steamy moments that will set your e-reader on fire! And who could forget Arthur and Maxence, I cannot wait to read their stories.

If like me you have found you need a great book that can hold your attention, grab you from the very start and not let go, then this is the book for you. I cannot recommend it highly enough!
I received a complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

Accidental Cowgirl (Whisper Creek)
Accidental Cowgirl (Whisper Creek)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 14 May 2016
This is my first time reading a book by Maggie McGinnis and I've loved every paragraph. Poor Kyla and Decker have been through so much, both individually and together. I'm pleased they got their HEA and it was a realistic one to.
I can't wait for the next book in the series!

The Amalfitano's Bold Abduction (Italian Billionaires Book 3)
The Amalfitano's Bold Abduction (Italian Billionaires Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Too far fetched., 10 May 2016
This is the third in this series. I have enjoyed the others but this one was too far fetched for me. For a cop to be taken by a stranger to a private island and accept it without fight or question. For her to be shot at and woken to find intruders in her room and again not fight to call the authorities was beyond belief. Then to find its all because of a cat and it to be passed off as a family matter in such a blaze manner was too far beyond belief. The idea of him being a red blooded Italian male who was happy for his sister to forgive her husband after finding out said husband was unfaithful and that being acceptable was also unbelievable.
The basis behind the story was good and this is what kept me reading.
I will be happy to read other books by J Blake, it was just this one wasn't quite for me.

Her Backup Boyfriend (Sorensen Family)
Her Backup Boyfriend (Sorensen Family)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Romance, 3 May 2016
This is a beautiful romance story. It keeps you guessing all the way through the story, hoping the main characters finally reveal how much they love each other. I would've loved to see Michael and Tim get what they deserve.
I would recommend this series to others. I've already down loaded book 2

Her Soldier's Touch
Her Soldier's Touch

3.0 out of 5 stars Passed a few hours., 30 April 2016
After reading the blurb was excited to find this book was in KU. I have to be honest and say, I'm pleased I didn't buy it. It was a good story and had a lot of potential but I found there was so much introspection it took away the initial plot which seemed to have gotten lost along the way. They both have great childhood friends that are part of this book but not one of them were present to support them when their child was abducted.
Like I said it passed a few hours. I would try other books by this author, they maybe better than this one and I'm willing to give them a try.

BEARED the New Orleans Bears Series Boxed Set: BBW Werebear Billionaire Romance
BEARED the New Orleans Bears Series Boxed Set: BBW Werebear Billionaire Romance

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok., 20 Mar. 2016
If your looking for a quick afternoon read then this is it. There's no great depth to the writing or storyline. The writing style is very simplistic. As I said a quick evening or holiday read.

I love Polar Bears Mug 1743
I love Polar Bears Mug 1743
Offered by Duke Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what's advertised., 8 Mar. 2016
The mug was pretty much as shown in the picture. I was disappointed at the fact that it wasn't in a box. It had polystyrene around it but that was it. I had to buy a box to put it in. I'd say we got exactly what was in the picture. No frills, hence the 4 instead of 5 stars. If your purchasing this as a gift, be aware it's not boxed.

Black Veil Brides Custom Pillowcase Standard Size 20x30 by dream catcher online
Black Veil Brides Custom Pillowcase Standard Size 20x30 by dream catcher online
Offered by riichie

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 24 Dec. 2015
Bought this as a gift and it went down a storm! It arrived in good time and was well packaged. It's a good quality product and made a BVB fan VERY happy.
I would happily recommend this product and seller and will be happy to use them again in the future.

Kidnapped, A Rae and Wulf Story, Epilogue #2 (Billionaires in Disguise: Rae)
Kidnapped, A Rae and Wulf Story, Epilogue #2 (Billionaires in Disguise: Rae)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't get enough of this amazing book couple!, 15 Nov. 2015
Wulf can't find his wife Rae. Rae got into a car at college with an unknown woman. She wouldn't have run away, leaving only one possibility-Kidnapped!

Rae has been lead away from college and her security on a pretense, by someone she thought she could trust. This has all been a ruse and Rae soon realises her mistake. Reverend Stoppard has finally 'gone over the edge', believing Rae has been taken over by demons. Forced to the floor and held against her will, Rae realises those she trusted will not be helping her. Family betrayal cutting deep, doing all she can to survive the ordeal, waiting for Wulf to come to her rescue. Poor Wulf is doing all he emotionally can to stay calm, calling his contacts in a desperate attempt to find his wife and unborn child.

Some familiar faces appear in this book along with a few surprises, ending in a dramatic and shocking cliffhanger! Fans of this amazing book couple will be left as shocked and heartbroken as Rae and Wulf by the end of kidnapped!

Who knows what Blair has in store next for Wulf and Rae?
How did Philipp get the information on Rae's family?
What will become of Rae's family relationship?

Lies and betrayal will leave you shocked to the core, while the tender all consuming love between Rae and Wulf will sooth your soul and help restore your faith in human nature! Hang onto your hats and grab a box of tissues, your in for a bumpy ride!

The Wedding Trap (Second Service, Book 1)
The Wedding Trap (Second Service, Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great start to a new series!, 21 Oct. 2015
I've enjoyed reading The Wedding Trap. I found it quite a light read, the story is easy to read and not too in-depth. It's perfect for a holiday read or while traveling. I loved the characters, Beth especially, she was strong with a great sense of humour. All through the book there was a mysterious CIA agent and the story ended with him still being a mystery. He was caught but there was no explanation given as to who he was, considering he is a CIA mole, I would've liked to have known who he was and if he was known to Alex and Jordan. I would recommend this story to others and I'm looking forward to reading the next in the series.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20