Profile for tortoisepetal > Reviews

Childrens Mummy Fancy Dress Costume Ancient Egypt Halloween Outfit 8-10 Yrs
Offered by Retail Zone
Price: 14.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for Halloween, 7 Nov 2013
I bought this for my 8-year-old's halloween party. Quality is pretty good for the price, it fit well and makes a nice change from the usual witch's costume. She loved it and was able to run around freely without worrying about what she was wearing. I would have given it five stars but it didn't light up under the UV light as we had hoped for.

Running Like a Girl
Running Like a Girl
Price: 5.98

5.0 out of 5 stars So glad this book was written, 28 July 2013
'Hemmo', if I may be so bold as to call her by her nickname, said she wanted to read something like this when she was starting out running. I'm so glad she wrote it because it's provided such inspiration to me and a voice of reason, through injury, buying kit and getting out there when you'd rather stay home. She writes so honestly and candidly about her experiences, she is so matter of fact and it's great to read something written by a real woman and not someone who is simply trying to sell you something. I like that she says if you want to run, you choose to do it and off you go. I felt bolstered reading this book. In fact, I'm re-reading it because i enjoyed it so much. Thank you, Hemmo.

We're Going on a Bear Hunt (Walker story board books)
We're Going on a Bear Hunt (Walker story board books)
by Michael Rosen
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars We're not Scared!, 14 Oct 2010
Bought this for my son's second birthday and it's a winner. He loves bears and of all the books he had for his birthday, this has really made an impression on him. He has memorised it and will recite it, especially the part about the narrow gloomy cave, the two big ears, two goggly eyes, one wet nose - it's a bear!!

The illustrations are fabulous and the story is simple yet compelling. A must in any children's book collection.

In The Night Garden Iggle Piggle Trike
In The Night Garden Iggle Piggle Trike

2.0 out of 5 stars poor design and build quality, 1 Sep 2009
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:2.0 out of 5 stars
we bought this bike for our daughter's second birthday and were disappointed with it. the handle is wobbly and it's difficult to control the bike with it. the positioning of the pedals makes it virtually impossible for a child to pedal the bike by themselves and the wheels are lumpy and make an awful noise on tarmac and won't turn on short grass. we would not recommend this toy. it would be better to choose an unbranded bike of good quality (something like a puki is very good) and buy some Night Garden stickers to decorate it with.

VTech V.Smile TV Learning System with Dora the Explorer Game (Pink)
VTech V.Smile TV Learning System with Dora the Explorer Game (Pink)

5.0 out of 5 stars lots of fun for them and peace for you, 27 Mar 2009
My 3-year-old daughter loves this game and console which are durable, easy to use and lots of fun. the graphics are pretty good for a kid's game and the dora game provides good educational opportunities. my kid would like to be able to play on her dad's playstation, which is just too tricky for her and could be expensive if she breaks it. this is perfect because it's her 'grown up' toy and she's learning something while she's using it. and i get the chance to get stuff done for half an hour while it holds her attention. only thing missing is the 9v adaptor which has to be bought separately.

GUND Sesame Street Cookie Monster 30.5 cm Soft Toy
GUND Sesame Street Cookie Monster 30.5 cm Soft Toy
Offered by Sent2u by HTS-SCOTLAND
Price: 14.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, if you love Cookie Monster, 13 Feb 2009
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this along with an Elmo, also 12" and chose them specifically as my child isn't over keen on toys that talk or move independently. From her point of view they're both great, as she can make them talk all by themselves and i like that as i feel it is stretching her imagination. If your kid is into sesame street then this is an inexpensive way for them to have a toy they'll love. Oh, and it's really well made too.

Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Portable Rocker
Fisher-Price Newborn-to-Toddler Portable Rocker

5.0 out of 5 stars great chair for lounging, feeding and big sisters, 13 Feb 2009
I bought this chair for my son when he was 3 weeks old, he's now 5 months and he uses it every day for relaxing and for feeding (you can disable the rocker so it's stable) so it's more than paid for itself and he's nowhere near ready to grow out of it. the chair was easy to put together, it's sturdy and easily takes the weight of his big sister who is 3. The vibrating bit seems to be very soothing for baby but i felt that the fabric wasn't as comfy as it could be so i lined mine with a sheepskin blanket but overall i'd say it was a bargain and i know it will last.

Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
Fisher-Price Rainforest Jumperoo
Price: 76.00

5.0 out of 5 stars if you buy just one toy for your baby, make this it!, 13 Feb 2009
I took a deep breath and bought a jumperoo this week after reading all the fabulous reviews on amazon. How right you all were. I don't have anything original to add to all the other reviews, yes it's pricey but goodness me, it's brilliant. the look on my son's face when he sits in his jumperoo is priceless. I don't care that it fills my living room or that it emptied my bank account. It's the best toy you can buy for a baby that can't walk yet but wants to and insists on using mum or dad as his legs so you end up carrying baby around the house and trying to do chores one-handed. This actually gives you the ability to use two hands for 20 mins or so while baby is being safely entertained. one tiny downside, the legholes are quite snug and you have to guide baby's legs through with one hand while holding their struggling body with the other. but it's a trifle compared with the joy it brings.

Typhoon Large Pie Dish Blue
Typhoon Large Pie Dish Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars stylish oven to tablewear, 27 Oct 2008
Just the right size dish for making a pie to feed four adults. or use as a serving dish for pasta, curry etc. very versatile and cleans up beautifully too. Looks great on any table.

Toby Tiger Stripy Multi-Coloured Sleepsuit (0-6 months)
Toby Tiger Stripy Multi-Coloured Sleepsuit (0-6 months)

3.0 out of 5 stars cute but pricey, 27 Oct 2008
I bought this as a treat for my new son and while it is gorgeous and he will look wonderful in it when he's grown into it, I could probably buy two packs of five babygros for the same price from a high street store. it's lovely but at nearly 20 quid a bit expensive to completely kit him out in a toby tiger wardrobe, much as i would love to. very highly recommended as a gift though as the quality of the material and stitching is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2