Profile for JRJ > Reviews

JRJ

Billy Elliot The Musical Live [Blu-ray] [2014]
Billy Elliot The Musical Live [Blu-ray] [2014]
Dvd ~ Elliott Hanna

5.0 out of 5 stars This blu ray presentation is the next best thing to being there, 30 Dec. 2014
There's not much more I can add to what has already been said ... this blu ray presentation is the next best thing to being there!!! I was hesitant at first to purchase this item thru a UK source as I was afraid it might not be playable for me, here in the US, but after reading reports from others on various blogs and fansites indicating that the blu ray was indeed "Region Free" I went ahead and placeed my order. As soon as it arrived I watched the entire disk and it played flawlessly so I added my positive experience to some of those other "comment sections" to let other US fans know they need not worry if they were also hesitating placing an order thru the UK. My only complaint would be why whoever is in charge of the release has made NO MENTION WHATSOEVER of an official US release date and this would include numerous inquiries placed by people on the BILLY ELLIOT - THE MUSICAL London's Facebook page. I think it's rude to just completely ignore all those inquiries without any comment at all even if it would only be that it will be coming to the US market at a date "yet to be determined" ... at least people wouldn't feel like they are being completely ignored.

Les Miserables - 25th Anniversary [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Les Miserables - 25th Anniversary [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely happy US LES MIZ fan!!, 12 Jan. 2011
I'll get right to the point .... THANK YOU THANK YOU Amazon.co.uk!!!! You made this US LES MIZ fan extremely happy this holiday season. To start out with I was extremely jealous that we here in the US were not able to see this concert "LIVE" in the Cinemas when it was originally broadcast in the UK ... we had to wait over a month before it showed up on this side of the pond. Then it was announced that it would be available on dvd at the end of November but, alas, only in "Region 2" which means it is not playable here in the US. I began searching the internet trying to find any information on an expected US dvd release but found NOTHING!! Finally, I happened to stubble across a posting on the LES MIZ Facebook page where someone had responded to another unhappy US fan's plea for any information regarding a US release. This person replied that they were pretty sure that the Blu Ray version was "Region Free" and should be playable in the US. I immediately logged into Amazon.co.uk and took a gamble and placed an order for it. It arrived about a week later and played perfectly!!! THANK YOU AGAIN!! My only suggestion to Amazon.co.uk would be that you should make the "Region Free" aspect of the blu ray a little more visible so that other customer's like myself who aren't in a "Region 2" zone would be aware that this blu ray (and any others you might offer) are playable for us. I'm sure I'm not the only US fan that was anxiously awaiting the release of this concert.

As for the dvd itself ... what more can I say that hasn't already been said in other reviews ... it was FANTASTIC!!! The HD picture and sound were incredible. The performers were fantastic ... Nick Jonas, eh ... ok, but WAY OUT HIS LEAGUE!! The encores at the end were icing on the cake. Someday I hope that there will be a "Definitive Collector's Edition" that will contain interviews with all of the original cast and creative team. I would love to hear their stories about the shows beginning and how it feels to have been a part of something that developed into the phenomenon it has. I admit I'm one of those people that finds all the "Extras" and the "Behind the Scenes" features on dvd's just as interesting (sometimes moreso) than the feature itself.

If you're in the US and can't wait for an official US release then hop on to Amazon.co.uk and order this edition ASAP ... you won't regret it!! :-)