Profile for isismoonchild > Reviews

Exotic Textiles in Needlepoint: Designs from around the World
Exotic Textiles in Needlepoint: Designs from around the World
by Stella Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a gorgeous book, 26 Jun. 2014
I haven't done any needlepoint for a couple of decades. Mostly because flowers and cute kittens were pretty much it were I lived and it was pre-internet days. This book has some gloriously different patterns and I want to make well over half of them. Highly recommended.

Food For Free (Collins Gem)
Food For Free (Collins Gem)
by Richard Mabey

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent............., 23 Jun. 2014
pocket guide to hedgerow plundering. :-) I have several different books on foraging but this one is the easiest to take with me. Clear illustrations, well written descriptions and extremely useful.

Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2
Preserves: River Cottage Handbook No.2
by Pam Corbin

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 23 Jun. 2014
Lots of gorgeous recipes from the River Cottage team. I have lots of preserving books and this is one of my favourites. Currently having my kitchen re-modelled to include a real larder and then this little gem will really come into it's own as I stock my slate shelves with jar after jar of homemade preserves.

The Mists of Avalon
The Mists of Avalon
by Marion Zimmer Bradley

1.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly dull..............., 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Mists of Avalon (Paperback)
book in which very little happens that's of any note. Basically an American view of what our Arthurian history should have been but of course never was. Having spoken to quite a few people over the years who've read this book, I've come to the conclusion that sadly, many of them actually think it's a history book, that we did once have a history of Goddess worship as portrayed in the novel and there really was once a mystical land called Avalon. Zimmer Bradley has a lot to answer for I'm afraid.

"McCall's" New Book of Country Needlecrafts
"McCall's" New Book of Country Needlecrafts
by MCCALL

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully traditional..........., 20 Jun. 2014
and very old fashioned. Lots of lovely ideas and patterns in this book though of course, being a McCalls publication, it's got a very American slant. No good if you like all things modern and contemporary.

The Countryside In Cross Stitch :
The Countryside In Cross Stitch :
by Christina Marsh

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor........., 20 Jun. 2014
charts in this book. It's full of charming countryside designs but I've found the charts, which are all in black with symbols , almost impossible to follow.

Jelly Roll Sampler Quilts: 10 Stunning Sampler Quilts to Make from over 50 Patchwork Blocks
by Pam Lintott

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring., 16 Jun. 2014
If you have a collection of jelly rolls and don't know what to do with them, take a look at this book. It's a collection of blocks rather than quilts. The blocks come in different sizes and you can combine them like the samples in the book or make up your own combinations. Possibly the most useful book on jelly rolls so far.

Lovers
Lovers
by Judith Krantz

4.0 out of 5 stars it started with Scruples, 16 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Lovers (Paperback)
and the saga ends here. Follow the continuing adventures of Billie, Spider and their friends. I found it to be an enjoyable, easy read that helped me to pass a pleasant few hours. You can't really ask more from a book like this. It's fantasy people living in a world most of us can barely imagine. If you liked Scruples, you'll probably like this book.

Pagan Portals - Kitchen Witchcraft: Crafts of a Kitchen Witch
Pagan Portals - Kitchen Witchcraft: Crafts of a Kitchen Witch
by Rachel Patterson

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special., 16 Jun. 2014
I know little of kitchen witchery so I bought this book. I still don't know much about it after reading this book. It's okay if you want to while away half an hour but don't expect to learn much.

Needlepoint ("Country Living" Needlework Collection)
Needlepoint ("Country Living" Needlework Collection)
by Karen Elder

3.0 out of 5 stars A couple........, 16 Jun. 2014
of nice projects in this book but overall I was disappointed with the range and quality. Not a book I'd recommend to a friend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14