Profile for jpeck > Reviews

Women in My Rose Garden: The History, Romance and Adventure of Old Roses
Women in My Rose Garden: The History, Romance and Adventure of Old Roses
by Ann Chapman

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 27 Jan. 2015
Lovely book, great history and excellent horticultural information.

Virginia Woolf's Garden: The Story of the Garden at Monk's House
Virginia Woolf's Garden: The Story of the Garden at Monk's House
by Cecil Woolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely pictures, 8 Feb. 2014
The pictures in the book are beautiful. The story intriguing and well written. I will revisited it often, if only to look at the pictures!

DAS 980 g Modelling Clay, Terracotta
DAS 980 g Modelling Clay, Terracotta

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 8 Feb. 2014
This product comes very well recommended by modellers and so it proves. I have not used it before, being new to modelling, but I find it easy to use and very adaptable.

Making Rural Buildings for Model Railways
Making Rural Buildings for Model Railways

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Feb. 2014
Very very good. I am finding this book inspiring and am hoping to find the time to attempt more challenging modelling. The techniques are well explained.

The Wonderful World of Model Trains: A Beginner's Guide to Building Your Own Model Railways and Creating Stunning Sceneries & Layouts

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 8 Feb. 2014
Not the books fault, but it is not what I was expecting, a bit too basic for me, some pictures ok

Thought Vibration
Thought Vibration

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended Book, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Thought Vibration (Kindle Edition)
I have not read all this book yet, so cannot comment on all the content, but so far so good

F51 WOODLAND SCENICS FOLIAGE LIGHT GREEN
F51 WOODLAND SCENICS FOLIAGE LIGHT GREEN

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 8 Feb. 2014
Always use this as a basis for model trees, great for ivy and small hedges, the colour is so realistic

Scenic Modelling: A Guide for Railway Modellers
Scenic Modelling: A Guide for Railway Modellers

5.0 out of 5 stars As a new modeller, just what I needed, 9 Nov. 2013
Very good descriptions, great inspiration, lots of brilliant tips. I'm new to railway modelling and am only doing the scenery so it is great for me. Not sure about experienced modellers.

TG Cases® New Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Premium Folio Case / Cover / Wallet and Flip Stand + 1 Included Screen Protector and 1 Stylus Pen for New Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 " T3100 (Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time, 11 Oct. 2013
This is a smart blue case with stylus, screen cover and polishing cloth. I am very pleased my purchase it is great value

The One (Finding Reality & The Awakening of Spiritual Awareness)
The One (Finding Reality & The Awakening of Spiritual Awareness)
by Keith Loy

3.0 out of 5 stars Is there a one size fits all practice?, 26 Jan. 2012
I found the points made in this book of interest and not far removed from 'The Power of Now' and all the other 'Mindfulness' books out their. I did however feel the author made his point over and over again, to the level of irritation. My main concern though was the insistance that only the author's way was the right way and the rest of us simply did not truly want to be awake! Is there a one size fits all way of enlightenment? Is it right to make others feel inadequate if they don't reach their awakening by one particular path? Leaving the mind's clutter behind is not always 'easy' and not necessarily because those of us who find it difficult don't truly want to be awake, but perhaps because we are all different, complex individuals.