Profile for CSIGAL > Reviews

8" BUTCHER SHOP CLEAVER BY DOLOMITEN INOX
8" BUTCHER SHOP CLEAVER BY DOLOMITEN INOX
Offered by The Knife Company UK

5.0 out of 5 stars suit me, 16 Dec. 2014
Exactly what it states it is, Prepared ribs cut through bones easily, it is heavier than more cuisine cleavers but just a case of getting used to, to prepare and chop vegetables,. Quick delivery, very sharp. Value for money

Nine Lives
Nine Lives

5.0 out of 5 stars yet another award winning book from Terry, 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Nine Lives (Kindle Edition)
Somewhat different to Terry's normal novels as it is a collection of short stories each chapter a new story, it was an ideal read for my holiday's. Once again Terry has made her characters believable and one we can recognise in some way or another, making the stories good, taking situations that could happen to everyone and making a tales out of them. So once again Terry gets a 5 star from me, I also believe this book has won an award for best short stories, well deserved .

All the Pretty Girls (A Taylor Jackson novel - Book 1)
All the Pretty Girls (A Taylor Jackson novel - Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A new female detective on the scene, 5 Sept. 2014
I was recommended this book for my holiday read, when I first started reading I thought it was much a much, a hint of other thrillers, written by some of my favourite female authors, a touch of Tess Gerritsen Rizzoli & Isles characters as Taylor the detective and her best friend the medical examiner and then her relationship with an FBI profiler a hint of Gabriel Dean or Andrew Ryan in Kathy Reichs' books, I thought will this be any different. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, once I got passed the similarities between the characters I really enjoyed the storyline, as it unfolded, a few red herrings along the way. I will be looking at the other books within the series. To make the character Taylor stand out a little more, I would like to see her communicate as a southerner to make her standout rather than a non geographical female that could be from anywhere. If that make sense. Having said that I do recommend this book.

Round And Round
Round And Round

5.0 out of 5 stars What if we all ask that question?, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Round And Round (Kindle Edition)
As i sat by the pool on my holiday, I open my kindle and headed straight for the latest of Terry's books which sit happierly on my kindle knowing it would be an easy, entertaining read perfect accompaniment to warmth of the sun and cheeky little cocktail by my side.
i wasn't disappointed, yet again Terry has produced a great read. Her ability to put pen to paper and create a tale that the reader can relate too. I know I had those moments of What if? But unlike Sophie we don't get the opportunity to see, if it would be a bed of roses or a life of misery and disappointment. So a well deserved 5 star. Highly recommended

Kindle Paperwhite, 6" High-Resolution Display (212 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

5.0 out of 5 stars Have a few hours already impressed, 23 July 2014
just received my new paperwhite, firstly I was very impressed by the smart packaging, secondly that with a very quick and easy set up I was able to get access to all my books from my original kindle, I thought there would be a long and awkward procedure to do this no there wasn't. It is extremely light, it has an extremely clear screen, feels extremely comfortable in on hand, Like the idea that I can read in portrait or landscape. Still learning what facilities are available to me as well how the menu is slightly different to my original one, but very pleased with my purchase, (just one negative and not with product, no invoice set with item, so if something was wrong I would have had to do some ringing around to return)
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2014 11:53 AM BST

Easy Slow Cooking (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
Easy Slow Cooking (The Australian Women's Weekly Essentials)
by The Australian Women's Weekly

5.0 out of 5 stars more choice, 30 July 2013
I have owned a slow cooker for many a year, but it tends to be for the same things like stew or lamb shank, I wanted to have variation to these over used meals, this book has provided me with alternative and things I haven't even though off. Once again Woman's Weekly has come up trumps.

After Work Healthy (The Australian Women's Weekly Minis)
After Work Healthy (The Australian Women's Weekly Minis)
by Australian Women's Weekly

4.0 out of 5 stars After work healthy, 30 July 2013
A nice number of easy to prepare recipes, when you want something tasty and health which is quick. As all Woman's weekly recipe book an excellent buy

Riverside Tales
Riverside Tales

5.0 out of 5 stars A little Gem, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Riverside Tales (Kindle Edition)
Having three Godsons ranging from the age of 4 to 10, who are openly encouraged to read, I am constantly on the look out for books that they can share and read together, which they will all enjoy the contents.

Riverside Tales: The Adventures of Franky and Mousey, was brought to my attention via a social media page and seem to fit the bill. I downloaded the Kindle version to read myself prior to ordering the paperback for my Godchildren, I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It brought a smile to my face as I pictured the characters.

It is a lovely tale of the adventures of Frank the Rat and Mousey the Field Mouse, which includes the tales of them meeting, swimming lessons, playing in snow to becoming Mammy and Pappy, written in the form of short amusing rhyming poems, supported by cute illustrations.

Whether you are 4 or 44 this is a little gem and an excellent way of introducing children to poetry as a form of storytelling. Hence the 5 stars.

I would happily recommend it to one and all.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Original Saunders Cruisermate clipboard organiser
Original Saunders Cruisermate clipboard organiser
Offered by MC Products Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is required,, 27 April 2013
I required a clip board for my work, but required something that would also store, I need at hand, additional papers, stationery, but needed something hard wearing which would take a few knocks here and there.

I was surprised at the actually weigh of the item, it was really light, which was an advantage, at first, my concerns it may have sharp edges, but was please to find they were rounded off. I have been using this item for some time now, and can say I'm am happy with the product, the only down side and the reason it hasn't 5 stars, rather 4.5 is the metal fastener, for the storage area, as its not a good design, a bend piece of aluminium, which I feel will be the first thing that goes on this clipboard, as well as being the sharpest bit of the clip board.

Me, My World, and I
Me, My World, and I

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational words, that you can dip in out of at your pleasure, 1 Feb. 2013
If I am honest, the nearest I have got to reading poetry is picking up a card and reading the words inside, or coming across something posted on social networks sites. It was through a social network site I first came across the authors words. Based on what I saw, I purchased the book.

As you can see from my rating of this book, I enjoyed it, his poets are short and inspirational. The author has also included a backdrop behind each poet.

It is definitely one of those books, you can place on your bookshelf and enjoy picking up time and time again, for inspiration from this wordsmith.

Page: 1 | 2