Profile for B. Pennant > Reviews

Content by B. Pennant

B. Pennant "old skool booklover" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
The Bourne Identity [DVD] [2002]
The Bourne Identity [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon|Franka Potente
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Grrreat Movie, 14 Aug. 2006
I first saw Bourne Supermacy one night whilst channel hoping on Sky. The scene I witnessed but didn't watch to the end was the scene between Matt Damon and Clive Owen I knew I had to see the movie in full.

I was not disappointed. This is one of the best action movies I can think of in along long time and I highly recommend it. The pace plot and story line kept me hooked until the end.

Until the is movie I was not a fan of Damon but by the end of this movie I loved him his understated performance turned him in my book into a real hunk. And Franke kept up with his performance in this high action movie.

I would suggest seeing the movie before reading the book because some of the plot characters and of course baddies have been changed due to the fact that the original book was written during the cold war. But is a must see movie for everyone.

Pride & Prejudice - 2005 [DVD]
Pride & Prejudice - 2005 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Keira Knightley
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this movie, 9 Feb. 2006
I am writing this review without reading any of the others so here goes. I really liked this film for me Kiera Knightley is at her best since Bend it Like Beckham. And I loved the whole look and feel of this production so much so I bought the dvd but I do have a couple of nit picks.
1 Don't attempt to compare this with any of the tv adaptions because this film lacks much of the wit and humour of both the book and the BBC productions sadly.
2 Donald Sutherland why??? He was so dull and boring when he as Mr Bennett in my view totally miscast.
3 The Lydia & Wickham scandal is so underplayed it has little effect in the movie so that when Lizze recieves her sister letter of the elopment it doesn't have quite the dramatic appeal it should.
Having said all thought I really like the feel of this the various romances are well presented and you get a feel of actual attraction between Lizze and Mr Darcy and I love Mr Bingely and the scene with Darcy & Bingely as Bingely rehearsed his proposal that made me laugh out loud.
For me one to keep.

Restoring Grace
Restoring Grace
by Katie Fforde

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull as dishwater., 9 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Restoring Grace (Paperback)
Having all but one of Katie's books my sister bought this and I read it whilst on holiday. For me this has to be the most disappointing of her recent efforts. Whilst the premise had me excited especially with the wine parties and restoring the house non of these subjects were really taken up. Unfortunetly for me there was nothing new just reminders of some of her earlier books.
Oh well I think I'll stick to her earlier books.

Page: 1 | 2