Profile for B. Pennant > Reviews

Content by B. Pennant

B. Pennant "old skool booklover" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
KnitPro 40 cm x 4 mm Karbonz Fixed Circular Needles, Black and Silver
KnitPro 40 cm x 4 mm Karbonz Fixed Circular Needles, Black and Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sept. 2015
Great product and happy with product came very quickly

Kroy Socks Yarn-Summer Moss Jacquard
Kroy Socks Yarn-Summer Moss Jacquard

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 20 Sept. 2015
Goods arrived as described very happy.

Doctor Who - Complete Series 6 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Complete Series 6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Offered by movielovers786

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillant, 1 Nov. 2011
This for me was a brillant series which not only had some great episodes and moments but also brought to an end the storyline of River Song who first came to our notice during the time of David Tennant and Russell T Davies. I say this because although we may or not see River again we know her end of course because we have already seen her death so now we finally find out who she is and what she meant to the Dr, Amy and Rory.

I found this a well written and balanced series with Matt, Karen, Arthur and Alex each completely settled into their roles and their acting. Steven's writing for me has always been one to the highlights of New Who and this series I wasn't disappointed and the mad, bad Wedding of Riversong feels like both Matt and Smith are now ready to take the Dr in a new direction and one I look forward to seeing.

Job well done looking forward to series 7 and the 50th year celebration.

Official XVIDIA iPOD White In Ear Stereo Headphones / Earphones to fit all Apple iPODs inc. Nano, Video 30GB/60GB/80GB, Photo & iPHONE and also Creative (MP3) Vision M and other MP3 players.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomfortable, 26 Aug. 2011
If you like me have small ears this is not the headphones for you they were uncomfortable and kept falling out. The sound was okay but I didn't like them thankfully I know have an Iphone which came with its own headphones.

Torchwood: Bay Of The Dead
Torchwood: Bay Of The Dead
by Mark Morris

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good book, 26 Aug. 2011
Again this carries on the recent well written Torchwood story if I do have one critism to the Torchwood books its that they are a little samey. The writers and whoever commissions the books needs to encourage the writers to think alittle more out of the box.

If you like zombies this is for you my main critisims of this book its the additional characters that pop up you lose count of the at times and what there relevance is in the overall drama. For this reason Jack, Gwen, Ianto and Rhys stood out loved the helicopter coming it but again its alittle random at the same time.

This is a nice actioney story with team rushing round Cardiff to find out why Cardiff has been flooded by zombies with a little bit of an homage to the Marie-Celeste at the beginning.

Another good read.

Torchwood: Into The Silence
Torchwood: Into The Silence
by Sarah Pinborough

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 26 Aug. 2011
I would recommend this for any Torchwood fan who loved the first 3 series I really liked this story and the ending was very satisfying. Gwen, Ianto and Jack investigate several deaths of participants for a singing contest the team are up against it trying to solve the mystery and save lives.

Good page turner and the the writer really seems to get Jack, Gwen and Ianto I have to admit I much prefer Gwen in the books than on the actual show. Good effort

Torchwood: Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Torchwood: Complete BBC Series 1 Box Set [2006] [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Barrowman

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 24 Aug. 2011
I was reviewing some recent purchases and noticed I hadn't a reviewed Torchwood series 1 dvd so here goes:

I didn't love Torchwood until I saw Cyberwoman my main issue is that the whole Gwen and Jack thing for me was done with the subtlety of a sledge hammer I also found it really hard to like Gwen she was just too much but what caught my interest was Cyberwoman I had been wondering why Ianto was in the Torchwood after that I gave it more time and then Countrycide and They Keep Killing Suzie kept me in.

Overall there is a lack of coherence and the characters are a little odd at times I love the originality and of the first series I will say I do hate Eve Myles fringe in this first series but her hair gets better.

Although I mellowed towards Gwen during Combat utimately Gwen and Jack and even a good storyline aren't enough to keep in interested in Torchwood.

Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [DVD]
Torchwood - Children of Earth (Series 3) [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Barrowman

3.0 out of 5 stars Left feeling empty, 24 Aug. 2011
Children of Earth was a great concept a great idea which for the most part worked well the monster was brillant, the scenes with the cabinet deciding who would die stunning and great acting by all concerned loved Ianto's death scene.

But ultimately the whole thing lacked which was finally evident in Day 5 this for me was the weakest of 5 episodes and I am sorry but killing off a child even to save the world felt wrong, surely it should have been the survivor of the children taken in the 1940's a chance for him to give his life meaning and revenge to all those children who were sacrificed.

I think RTD missed a trick with this as Day 5 doesn't quite work and the final scene left me completely unmoved. A year on sadly Children of Earth overall left me feeling disappointed Dr Who's Turn Left did a much better job of looking at the aftermath of aliens devasting the Earth and mankinds response as opposed to Day 5. But that is the only major hitch in what was otherwise a really good well thought out story with some great casting.

Definitely worth viewing even for non-fans.

Torchwood: Department X (BBC Audio)
Torchwood: Department X (BBC Audio)
by James Goss
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite Torchwood Book, 24 Aug. 2011
This for me is the best of all the Torchwood books and yes I haven't read all them I really enjoyed this from beginning to end its a typical Torchwood story I just loved the how well written all the characters where including the Torchwood 3.

I agree with the reviewer who said this would have been better as a radio play its much better than The Devil and Miss Carew the first of the radio play. I also loved the two loss adjusters who got what they deserved.

Torchwood: SkyPoint
Torchwood: SkyPoint
by Phil Ford

2.0 out of 5 stars Least favourite Torchwood book, 24 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Torchwood: SkyPoint (Hardcover)
I have all the box after series 2 and 3 except the one where Ianto is changed into a woman but of all the books I have this is my least favourite. Although the book starts of well a newly wed Gwen and Rhys looking at flats at the new development where Gwen comes across the fact that people are disappearing.

The story starts out well but after Torchwood starts investigate and moves in there own undercover team to investigate the story sort of losses its focus and never quite recovers. I gave only two starts its good to see the full team together again but this story I guess I can say I didn't love it, even though one of my favourite characters Tosh features alot in this.

Page: 1 | 2