ARRAY(0xa72802d0)

Phil "phil_watt"

Home Cooking Made Easy
Home Cooking Made Easy
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good and easy recipes to follow BUT *** VERY EXPENSIVE FOR A KINDLE EDITION ***, 6 Feb 2014
I love Lorraine Pascale - her recipes are in the main very easy to follow and look very impressive when completed. My only criticism is that such books are so incredibly expebnsive when buying for Kindle.

Pandemic
Pandemic
Price: 6.02

4.0 out of 5 stars A worthy end to an addictively readable trilogy, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Pandemic (Kindle Edition)
In truth, I am not really sure if I hated or loved the ending to this trilogy. Ultimately, I suppose the fact I am asking myself that question is proof enough that it was, in eithercase, a good and effective ending.

If you have read the first two then you will read this anyway regardless of any review you may read. If you haven't read any of this trilogy and you enjoy apocolyptic fiction - then I urge you to give it a go.

The Memory Palace - Learn Anything and Everything (Starting With Shakespeare and Dickens) (Faking Smart)
Price: 2.27

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to a simple and easy to use system, 20 Feb 2013
I found this vey interesting and it gave me the nudge I needed to look into this area more. I have since bought another book on this, a subject that now fascinates me.

Wonders of the Universe
Wonders of the Universe
Price: 12.73

1.0 out of 5 stars content good BUT - over priced for Kindle book, 15 Jan 2013
I would not normally base a review on anything but the content of the book. I already own this book and it's a great book if you are a lover of Brian Cox programs. I was going to get the E-book version for my daughter to go with her Ipad Christmas present but not at this price!! I think as readers we need to demand a fair price for E-Books. I am all for paying a person for their effort and work. However if i can purchase this exact same book for less on the SAME WEB SITE for a physical book that has a manufacturing cost, a packing and dispatch cost and a store shelving cost. I certainly do not expect to pay the same price for an E-book which has neither. An eBook is virtual and exists as nothing more than a few bytes of computer code. It is nothing more than greed from the publishers, an average novel in E-book form should not ever exceed 4.99. I am marking down e-books that i find ripping readers off and i suggest to others they do the same. maybe when the titles start dropping in ratings in searches they may reconsider their greed. When e-books first started to hit the web they were hailed as a way to get cheaper books as there is not the cost involved as there is with physical books. Someone needs to tell the publishers.

I can buy the physical book on Amazon for less than 9.99, so what gives? Blatant rip off.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 28, 2013 6:22 PM GMT

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Platinum (PS2)
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 Platinum (PS2)
Offered by DVDGAMING DIRECT
Price: 9.99

4.0 out of 5 stars New to pro evo series, 5 Sep 2005
It had been some time since i've played either fifa or pro evo until recently. I played fifa 2005 at a mates house and was impressed with the improvements that have been made. Even more recently however, I bought both Fifa 2005 and Pro Evo 4 for myself as I knew I quite liked Fifa 2005 and wasn't sure about Pro Evo but had read all the hype. Apart from checking it worked, I haven't even touched FIFA 2005 - Pro Evo is a simply amazing game. I'm still getting used to the controls and game play but trust me on this please - if you are not sure which game to buy - get this one!