Profile for Pam > Reviews

Fluency
Fluency
Price: 3.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., 17 July 2014
This review is from: Fluency (Kindle Edition)
I found out about this book on Facebook. I started off quite warily particularly as there was only one review on Kindle. I quickly fell into the easy pace and rhythm of Jennifer's writing style. I got to know the characters and to empathise with them. The exploration of the alien vessel was an outstanding piece of writing and the ending left me breathless. I really really want to read more. Please say there will be a sequel.

Wanderer - Tainted Universe (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 3)
Wanderer - Tainted Universe (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 3)
Price: 2.33

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting to grips with the empire, 9 July 2014
Unfortunately they are also getting to grips with the horror which is the alien predator-the gift. Very exciting. I got a bit confused as we jumped from setting to setting until the relationship between them became apparent. This can be a bit tedious, Simon and I admit to skipping over some sections. There were a lot of plot switches which were very good. Is there another one?

Wanderer - Echoes of the Past (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 2)
Wanderer - Echoes of the Past (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 2)
Price: 1.99

3.0 out of 5 stars A good follow on to book 1, 7 July 2014
This book was more violent but oddly not as gripping as book 1. I think it got bogged down in a lot of flash backs. We still don't know anything about the evil empire and I am beginning to wonder if I care.

Wanderer's Escape (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 1)
Wanderer's Escape (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A really excellent space opera, 7 July 2014
A traditional story with all the best elements of a space opera. The alien technology is magical. This is a feel good book.

The Chronicles of Dragon: The Hero, The Sword and The Dragons (Book 1 of 10)
The Chronicles of Dragon: The Hero, The Sword and The Dragons (Book 1 of 10)
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A very sweet tale of daring do, dragons, dwarves etc, 6 July 2014
The story is very simple and straightforward. Perhaps a little too simple and rather short. Aimed at young teens but I think it still needs more content.

Fear the Sky (The Fear Saga Book 1)
Fear the Sky (The Fear Saga Book 1)
Price: 2.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 July 2014
This is a new twist on the old tale of aliens coming to earth with vastly superior technology, infiltrating society and expecting to win easily. But a small group of conspirators know what is going on and plot to defeat them. Loads of drama and space battles. I found some of the detailed passages a bit slow and skipped over them. A very satisfying read.

FORT LIBERTY: VOLUME ONE
FORT LIBERTY: VOLUME ONE

3.0 out of 5 stars An interesting beginning, 27 Jun 2014
Quite well written with interesting characters but minimal development of plot. Presumably this is to allow the story to develop over several books.

A Death In Beverly Hills
A Death In Beverly Hills
Price: 3.13

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 26 Jun 2014
I bought this book some time ago and then couldn't decide if I could be bothered to read it. I am so glad I did. It was absolutely gripping.

The First Encounter (The Seraphic Chronicles)
The First Encounter (The Seraphic Chronicles)

3.0 out of 5 stars A very sweet little story, 18 Jun 2014
An adventure into space with some very nice people who then meet some equally nice aliens. It is all very very nice.

Sam's Winnings (Tales of the Ragoon Book 1)
Sam's Winnings (Tales of the Ragoon Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars A gentle story for teenagers, 17 Jun 2014
The simplicity of this tale is deceptive. I like the Ragoon but they are not the central theme. The kids are learning to adjust to mature emotions. Unfortunately life as a teenager is still very straightforward. As we all know life gets really hard when you are in your twenties and forced to become part of the adult community. So to some extent this doesn't tell the whole story of the emotional transition from child to adult. I fear teenagers reading this will think it is possible to get it all sorted out by the time they are 17 and this is not so.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-18