Profile for M. Carter > Reviews

Content by M. Carter

M. Carter (England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
D'Addario EXP11 EXP Coated 80/20 Bronze Light  (.012-.053) Acoustic Guitar Strings
D'Addario EXP11 EXP Coated 80/20 Bronze Light (.012-.053) Acoustic Guitar Strings

5.0 out of 5 stars The best on the market, 7 Dec. 2013
I've been playing the guitar for quite a few years now and discovered these strings back in 2010; I wish I'd found them sooner! They are the best money can buy, admittedly a bit more expensive than other strings but you save in the long run because you don't have to change them as often. The coating they have on them is just what I was looking for as I play a lot and my old strings used to develop tiny rust spots after a while despite me wiping them down after every playing session.

I put a set of these EXP 11's on my guitar back in 2010 and they're still on there! I do religiously wipe them down every time I've finished playing but they still look and sound as good as new.

Can't recommend these highly enough.

Man of Steel - Limited Edition Steelbook [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Diane Lane
Offered by RUGELEY GAMES

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and cheesy......, 2 Dec. 2013
When this movie came out at the cinema's I decided to wait and watch it on DVD so I could enjoy it in the comfort of my own home; I wish I hadn't bothered. In my humble opinion, and it is only mine; you'll all have your own, the story line was terrible, erratic and confusing at times and the overall theme based not on saving the world but saving a female reporter who has the uncanny knack of always seeming to be in exactly the right (or wrong depending how you look at it) place at the right time.

It all starts out OK with Kal-El being sent from Krypton by his family in the hope for a better life. Then, all of a sudden he's grown up and saving a crew from a burning oil rig! The directors throw in the odd flashback to his childhood to try and fill in the blanks but to me it just didn't work. In the end it was just a love story with a lot of special effects and a guy who could fly.

There was even a line in the film where an American General asks Superman what he should do if he ever decides to turn his powers against America? Surely it's about saving the world isn't it, not just America (or a reporter!).

And another thing, if he was sent to save the world, why did he cause so much damage in doing that. With the power to be able to exist in outer space surely it would have been more logical to have the battle in outer space and therefore save creating the utter havoc that the inevitable battle between good and bad caused. I shook my head at a lot of the lines and scenes in the movie and yes, did on many occasion think of turning it off. The only good part of the film, in my opinion, was the last thing said between the lead character and the reporter.....

The film had so much potential, and with the budget the film makers had I felt that they could have done a lot more with it instead of just filling it with special effects, a few 'A' list actors and a very poor story line.

If there is going to be a sequel, and it looks like there might be, they'll have to go a long way to be as bad as this.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 5, 2014 12:16 AM GMT

Mr Beams MB360 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell - Weatherproof - Battery Operated - 140 Lumens, Dark Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect product, 27 Oct. 2013
I live in the last house of a village with no street lighting and really needed something that was easy to fit and provided sufficient lighting as soon as I opened the gate leading up to the house (it's got a very big drive). I initially bought one of these through the Amazon deals as I didn't want to spend too much in the event that it didn't work too well.

This product did not disappoint, I unpacked it, installed the batteries and went out front and put it up onto the wall in less that 5 minutes, absolutely perfect. The only thing I had to do once it was dark was adjust it slightly so the wide beam covered the front door and most of the drive. The beam is more than what I need to cover the drive and I am extremely impressed with this product; so much so that I'm replacing the two broken external lights around the back of the house with these.

I can't recommend this product enough, both for it's simplicity of installation and the detection and coverage it provides.

The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)
The Room (Kindle Tablet Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think!, 30 Jun. 2013
I like games that you have to put your mind to, this made me think and I tried hard not to use the clues. Great game, looking forward to the next episode!

The Faithful Spy: Spy Thriller (John Wells Book 1)
The Faithful Spy: Spy Thriller (John Wells Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, well researched and very well written., 14 Feb. 2013
Alex Berenson has done a great job with this book, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. The plot is well researched and frighteningly realistic.

Ivory Wooden Keepsake or Memory Box with Red Flowers/Butterflies - Gifts for Ladies - Personalised Special Occasion. Birthday Presents.
Offered by Read's Creations

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect gift, well made and great customer service...., 13 April 2012
I ordered this memory box for my Wife's 50th birthday as it was a bit different and something she'd really like. The box is perfect, really well made and very well presented. The supplier is very flexible with what you want written on the box (both on the top and the side) and they were very helpful with the delivery as well; I asked for a quick delivery which they honoured.

The box arrived well packed and in very quick time. I would highly recommend this seller and their product, both of which are first class, and I'll definitely be buying from them again and recommending them to my colleagues and friends.

"Surplus" Designer-Jacket "Heritage Vintage", Size: M, Color: olive
"Surplus" Designer-Jacket "Heritage Vintage", Size: M, Color: olive

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like the one's in M*A*S*H, 22 Aug. 2011
I really liked this jacket, and I know I give five stars for a lot of the products I review but it's because they deserve them. I research anything I before I buy it and like to think that I only buy goods that are worth it, both in quality and cost. This jacket fitted perfectly and was ideal for what I needed it for. I like the surplus feel of it and like I say in the title, it's just like the ones they wear in M*A*S*H.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2012 11:31 AM GMT

SUIT COVER CARRIER BAG FOR TRAVEL- 40" LENGTH With Handles & Stud Fastening
SUIT COVER CARRIER BAG FOR TRAVEL- 40" LENGTH With Handles & Stud Fastening
Offered by Hangerworld

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 22 Aug. 2011
I bought this at the last minute before I went on holiday a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn't disappointed. OK, it's not as sturdy as other products on the market but I was carrying my suits and shirts with me as I was going on a cruise so wanted something light. This fitted the bill perfectly. It's sturdy enough to keep your clothes clean and not too heavy to carry.

An added bonus is that you can use it to keep your suits/shirts free from dust when you hang them in your wardrobe too so all round a great product.

Home2Garden Wind Chime Silver Vista
Home2Garden Wind Chime Silver Vista

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it........., 22 Aug. 2011
I've always wanted one of these as I find the tones they play very theraputic. I do a lot of consulting work from home and play classical music to help me focus. I hung the chimes up by my kitched window as that's where the breeze comes in the strongest and the chimes sounds wonderful as I cook my dinner and go about my day.

A great product, well worth the money and relaxes you into the bargain!

Daffodil ULT280 USB Powered Laptop Light - 28 LED Flexible Keyboard Lamp for MAC and PC Computer [No Battery Needed]

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave up after a week!, 22 Aug. 2011
I thought this was a great idea for working in the evenings because I don't like having all the lights on at night, so I bought it and for the first few times I used it didn't regret my purchase. The lights nice and bright and the flexible 'neck'allows you to adjust it just how you want it.

For some reason though it packed up after a week and I couldn't get it working again. I had a look at the wiring and the bulbs to see if I'd accidently knocked it but I hadn't. It just stopped working, and I don't think it was from over use either.

A shame really, because when it worked it was great however, reliability is important to me so it doesn't get my vote.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3