Profile for A. Gupta > Reviews

Content by A. Gupta

A. Gupta (London, UK)

The Great Partnership: God, Science and the Search for Meaning
The Great Partnership: God, Science and the Search for Meaning

5.0 out of 5 stars Religious rationality in an age of scientific dogma, 8 May 2016
I have always admired Rabbi Sacks for his intellect but this book transcends the intellect to make his arguments not only compelling but also deeply satisfying for our deepest innate curiosity to find the answers to some of the Big Whys? which make us human.

Do I agree with everything in the book? Of course not and that is exactly the fundamental, and most valuable, point of the book which makes it precious.

To the critics, and scientists, who dismiss the arguments in the book I would like to suggest that given the choice between the beauty and elegance of religious thought presented in the book and the blind scientific FAITH in multiverse, eleven dimensions of string theory, anthropic principle etc - all beliefs which are beyond proof but accepted by scientists unabashedly, I will chose the Rabbi's rationality any day.

One of the best books I have read on the subject and a must read for the open minded.

Thank you Rabbi!

The Kingdom of God is Within You
The Kingdom of God is Within You

5.0 out of 5 stars Wisdom is within this book, 20 April 2012
It is amazing to see how little attention this book gets in todays day and age when it offers answers to a lot of ills faced by us. I hope its easy availability on Kindle will make it more accessible to allow a new generation of readers to drink from its sweet wisdom. I have never stopped enjoying Tolstoys passionate belief in his solutions to human suffering.

The Palace of Illusions
The Palace of Illusions
by Chitra Divakaruni

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, insightful & creative writing, 24 April 2010
Having accidently come across this book I was truly amazed that this book did not get more publicity. It is so well conceptualised and written that it almost qualifies to be a classic. The book humanises the characters of Mahabharata and succeeds in bringing them to life. Reading it I found myself transported to the Mahabharata era and was saddened when the book ended. Thank you for the treat Chitra Divakaruni.