Profile for Quality Guy > Reviews

Quality Guy (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Charge Spoon Saddle - Black
Charge Spoon Saddle - Black
Offered by Dales Distribution Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really uncomfortable, 11 Aug. 2013
Bought this saddle for my 2nd bike based on many reviews claiming it is comfortable; I know everyone is different but I really can't believe I am that much different to the many reviewers...

I finf that this saddle really puts pressure on my perineum area and actually causes numbness, I end up having to stand for a while to let the blood flow and let my nerves recover.

My other bike has a Selle Italia XC Shiver Saddle which is so much more comfortable with cut-outs in all the key places.

[...]

This saddle is actually more uncomfortable than the cheap saddle that came with my bike.

I have only given it two stars because it is well made and if it is comfortable for you - great, but for me this has been a real disappointment.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Feb. 2013
This light is smaller than I expected (even after reading reviews etc); it is about the size of a slim box of matches.

As it is so small it takes up minimal space on the handlebars but the light it gives out is really impressive. It gives both a beam as well as a wide light and is more than adequate for lighting dark roads and for being seen.

There are two brightness levels (both are very bright) as well as strobe and flashing. Strobe is bright and can be used even for daytime riding to help you to be noticed.

The light charges via USB and I got a good 3.5 hours at the brightest level and about 9 hours on strobe. The dimmer constant light gives about 5 hours and is bright enough for most urban and even some unlit road cycling.

The light it gives off has a slight blue tinge - but this is not really noticeable in use.

Overall very impressed and would recommend.

PDair Hand made Black Leather Flip Case for HTC Desire,
PDair Hand made Black Leather Flip Case for HTC Desire,

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 9 Dec. 2012
Well made case, good fit, robust and a good price.

Can't fault this item, have been using for a few months and shows no signs of wear.

Rx Pro Performance + PRESCRIPTION SPORT SUNGLASSES with Interchangeable POLARISED, Clear & Light Enhancing lenses for Cycling, Running, Shooting, Cricket, Sailing, Skiing. For Men & Women. UV400 Protection
Offered by Rapid Eyewear Sunglasses for Sport

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 9 Dec. 2012
Bought these without prescription lenses, I had to shop around a bit to get an optician to fit lenses at a good price but a small independent optician did them for £30 with no fuss. The big chains either were not interested or quoted silly money (£60 in one case!)

The glasses themselves are excellent, the range of lenses are superb, I find I use the yellow ones most as they really improve contrast and are good in most lighting conditions. All lenses block UV and the light and dark tint lenses are polarised which is really helpful in reducing glare from cars / wet roads.

The glasses come in a strong case with separate pouches for each of the lenses. The lenses are easy to change with what appears to be strong metal spring clips.

They are supplied with a headband but I have not found this necessary as the legs are rubberised in the inside and the nose bridge is a good fit and is effective in stopping them slipping.

The glasses are a good fit (I have a very large head - 7 7/8) and very comfortable in use.

I really recommend these glasses - any questions, let me know and I will try to answer. Pleased with my purchase.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 8:10 PM GMT

Mens More Mile black thermal cycle tights MM1358
Mens More Mile black thermal cycle tights MM1358

2.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings..., 11 Nov. 2012
These tights are surprisingly warm, they are quite difficult to zip up at the ankles and most disappointing is that the stitching has started to come away on one leg after only 3 wears...

I may have caught the stitching but I don't think so... If it had not been for this problem, I would have recommended.

XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads
XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads
Offered by Y Frame Discounts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Nov. 2012
This review is from: XLC Set of 4 V-Brake Pads (Misc.)
Replaced the worn pads which came with my bike with these and what a difference.

These pads will stop your wheels dead if applied with any real pressure - be careful first time you use them!

By applying progressively the pads give great control and the level of confidence I have when stopping is tremendous - it's great to know that you have the braking power to go from gentle braking to locking the wheels completely.

Can't recommend these enough - no idea about wear yet or how they perform in the wet - but I suspect both will be OK and even if they were to wear quickly, at this price I wouldn't hesitate to buy the same again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 Sept. 2012
Excellent top - like others I bought the orange and black; the orange is Hi Viz orange (not obvious from the photo).

I ordered two shirts and the arrived a day later. They have two open pockets and one zipped pocket.

Highly recommended.

Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe
Shimano Men's Mt33 Cycling Shoe
Price: £46.97 - £59.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Aug. 2012
I bought these for my first foray into the world of clipless cycling.

Many reviewers have made comments about the sizing, I am normally a size 10 but sometimes a size 11 depending on the shoe, so I was a little worried that I may have a problem with the fit of this shoe; I ordered a size 46 (this equates to a UK 10.5) and the shoes fit perfectly - better than any other shoes I own!

The shoes are provided with a sticky label to place under the insole to keep them waterproof in the area of the cleats; this seems a bit of a fudge but after fitting them you can forget it as it seems to work...

I have now used these shoes for 2 weeks and they have transformed my cycling, they are comfortable, add great stability and with the clipless peddles my cycling has improved immeasurably.

The shoes allow you to walk better than most shoes of this type which is an added bonus.

If you are thinking of trying clipless cycling for the first time, then I highly recommend these shoes and I would say go for it. One benefit which I had not considered until I tried it was that the shoes and pedal keep your feet much more stable which has resulted in me suffering less fatigue and less knee pain (I think they must help keep your knee square to the crank and cause less twisting.

Excellent shoes and they look like they will last a long time - when I need replacements I would definitely buy another pair of these.

Bicycle Handlebar Mount with HTC Desire Dedicated Cradle
Bicycle Handlebar Mount with HTC Desire Dedicated Cradle
Offered by Buybits Addons

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 7 Aug. 2012
Use this on my bike to run Edomondo app to track my exercise. Followed advice of other reviewers and made sure it was fully clipped - I have had no problems.

Excellent product.

Bosch Air Filter Part Number 1457433546
Bosch Air Filter Part Number 1457433546

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 29 July 2012
This really is a good little shaver. I bought it to take travelling but find I use it most days in preference to a much more expensive shaver; my more expensive share does a better job, but the difference is marginal.

I run it on 2 Duracell rechargeable batteries and it lasts for weeks on a single charge.

A pouch would be nice and the cover over the cutting blades is a little loose and the battery cover feels cheap but this really is nit-picking.

In use this really is a good shaver - not just a good shaver for the price; but at this price it really is a 'no brainer' - highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5