Profile for samantha spencer > Reviews

samantha spencer

The Shining
The Shining

3.0 out of 5 stars The shining and I, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Shining (Kindle Edition)
I'd heard a lot of good things about this book. But unfortunately feel Stephen king could have written it in fewer pages. The beginning grips you from the word go, and the ending is also well written. But the middle needs to be shortened. I felt 10 chapters could have been turned into 1. GOING to read something else before reading the sequel. Dr sleep

The Stranger You Know: (Maeve Kerrigan 4)
The Stranger You Know: (Maeve Kerrigan 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars Second guessing, 18 Nov 2013
Keeps you guessing all the way through. The type of book you can't put down. Taken less than a week to read and I will definitely be reading more books by the same author. The deduction of one star is because I don't think the ending was good enough for this book.

Entwined with You: A Crossfire Novel
Entwined with You: A Crossfire Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars What next?, 3 Sep 2013
Keeps you reading from start to finish. Gripping how emotionally wrecked both parties are. They are so wrong for each other, that they work. I have to say it's Eva's best friend Cary that helps move the story along also. HIGHLY predictable at times but it's an easy read. Cannot wait for book four!! <3

Sharp Objects
Sharp Objects

4.0 out of 5 stars Twist within, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sharp Objects (Kindle Edition)
If you have read gone girl, definitely pick this one up too. A little predictable but worth the read. Just when you think you've solved it, Gillian twists the story yet again. I have only rated it 4 because I think it comes to an end too quickly the way she rights the "who dunnit" but other than that over all a book I read in 2 sittings as I struggled to put it down...

Gone Girl
Gone Girl

4.0 out of 5 stars Love is blind, 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
This book, was a very good read. Kept me guessing all the way through. The way it is written is incredibly clever! However I only gave it a 4 star rating because I was very let down by the ending! I will not say why because I don't want to ruin it for any other reader. But the concept is really good. I intend to read more books by this author, as I have read 300 pages in one sitting!!

Safe House
Safe House

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 17 Dec 2012
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
I only purchased this book, because it was in the 20p section and didn't really know what to expect. It has only taken me 3 sittings to read it. As although in places it seems really far fetched, it all becomes clear at the end. Easy to read!! Anyone who is interested in crime or detective novels this is a book for you. I would have gladly paid more--