Profile for Jjdrew > Reviews

Content by Jjdrew

Jjdrew "jackie Drew" (Portugal)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Nod Off in Portuguese: A Laid-back Approach to Learning
Nod Off in Portuguese: A Laid-back Approach to Learning
by Sue Tyson-Ward
Edition: Pamphlet

3.0 out of 5 stars portuguese, 18 April 2011
We have been tring to learn this fairly difficult language since we have been living here.Any spoken word cd helps.
I do find some of it a bit basic,but for someone wanting to learn from scratch it is a good addition to the things that help.
If there was a sequel,I would certainly consider it

Glenn Harrold's Ultimate Guide to Detoxing Your Mind
Glenn Harrold's Ultimate Guide to Detoxing Your Mind
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars relaxation ++, 18 April 2011
A good cd,relaxing,leaves you feeling uplifted.
Have not explored hypnosis before,so aproached it with a little trepidation,no problems encountered.
Although some reviews commented on his voice,I found him gently relaxing.

The Ultimate Guitar Songbook: The Complete Resource for Every Guitar Player!
The Ultimate Guitar Songbook: The Complete Resource for Every Guitar Player!
by Hal Leonard Publishing Corporation

1.0 out of 5 stars unknown songs !, 14 Oct. 2010
Would have liked a more detailed description of the contents.I found it very American orientated,with few Brit tunes.Nothing modern.

Favourite Sweets and Toffee Recipes: Traditional Home-Made Confectionery (Salmon Favourites)
by Carol Wilson

3.0 out of 5 stars sweets, 13 Mar. 2010
I find this book is limited.It has many toffee and caramel recipies,mostly they are traditional and very nice.The down side is that other sweet recipies are few and far between,so if you are looking to make toffee ect. the recipies are clear and understandable,but if you want,say chocolate,find another book!
The recipies that I have tried are really nice,kids love them,and the truffles are heavenly.

Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book: 57 and a Half Recipes From Our Kitchen to Yours
Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book: 57 and a Half Recipes From Our Kitchen to Yours
by Louise Haines

4.0 out of 5 stars innocent smoothies, 13 Mar. 2010
My Grandaughter,who I sent this book to as a birthday present, thinks this book is fantastic!

Larousse Field Guide to the Mushrooms and Toadstools of Britain and Europe (Larousse Field Guides)
by David Pegler

4.0 out of 5 stars mushrooms etc., 13 Mar. 2010
The book is clear and has plenty of identification details.It is small enough to be carried on foraging trips,although I usually am within a step of home,so I bring the fungus to the book rather than the other way.
I would recomend this book to anyone,but use with some common sense,if not sure of ID. DONT eat!!

Flip Video Ultra High Definition Camcorder With 8GB Memory - Black
Flip Video Ultra High Definition Camcorder With 8GB Memory - Black
Offered by superbnmore

5.0 out of 5 stars The flip video camcorder, 13 Mar. 2010
Although I had some difficulty getting the camcorder to Portugal,no fault due to Amazon,from whom I had excelent service.I eventually ordered it to be delivered to a UK addresss and sent on from there!
The camcorder is good,with clear simple instructions,the camera is small and neat,about the size of a mobile phone, it really is press speak and shoot,you can even add music or dialog after ,along with the editing, and the pictures are good and clear.I have extracted some stills after setting it up on the computer,now all I have to do is get out there and start filming!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5