Profile for Anon > Reviews

Content by Anon

Anon

Nikko Radio Control Vaporizr - Green ( 27MHz & 40MHz Assorted)
Nikko Radio Control Vaporizr - Green ( 27MHz & 40MHz Assorted)
Offered by Otherland UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun for all ages, 16 Sept. 2014
The item description clearly says that the radio frequency is 40 Mhz but the one I received was 27 Mhz. I already have one on 27 Mhz so this one had to go back. The colour of the car is no indication of the frequency. It seems very difficult to find one on 40 Mhz so I've had to buy a completely different vehicle.

It also appears to be very difficult to find a spare battery. Charging time is only 60-80 minutes but I'd prefer to have a spare.

I would definitely recommend it but I would highlight that this is a toy rather than a hobbyist radio control car.

Collins Maths - Bridging GCSE and A Level: Student Book
Collins Maths - Bridging GCSE and A Level: Student Book
by Mark Rowland

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence building, 27 Jun. 2014
This book is fantastic. It has clearly been written by someone who has taught students and has seen the mistakes they make. The book contains tips on how to prepare to answer a question, common mistakes and the do's and do not's when it comes to manipulating algebraic expressions.

Initially I just read the topics that I needed to learn but now I've gone back and am reading it front to back to ensure I don't miss anything that I might find invaluable. I love the handy hints, common errors and AS alerts that help you before you make a mistake in your working or if you have made a mistake and don't understand why.

I also bought Head Start to AS Maths but that is a surprisingly thin book which doesn't cover as many topics and isn't as clear, detailed and enjoyable to read. I love this book. It really explains everything well. If I don't understand something it is usually because I didn't take my time reading the explaination. I've had to re-read some sections several times and have sat completely stumped at how they have arrived as some solutions but with patience and practice I have so far understood everything.

Algebra: A Complete Introduction: Teach Yourself
Algebra: A Complete Introduction: Teach Yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Jun. 2014
I needed to brush up on my algebra and this book was pitched perfectly for me and covered everything I needed to know. I've virtually read it front to back merely skipping later topics that I don't need to cover. I recommend reading all of the 'basic' algebra sections because you pick up some great tips.

I filled several notepads recreating the examples and doing as many questions as possible and this really helped to cement what I had learnt.

My only complaint is that I found it very difficult to jump between the questions and answers but this could be due to me not fulling understand how to use my Kindle. I had to continually go back to the TOC.

Having it in Kindle format meant I could very easily read it anywhere but my only complaint is that it is very difficult to quickly navigate to the answers or to re-read another section as with a hardcopy.

Full Body Front & Back Lcd Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (Pack of 5)
Full Body Front & Back Lcd Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 4 / 4S (Pack of 5)
Offered by accmart

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 27 Jun. 2014
I was expecting it to be more of a film, instead it is a thin plastic, but this doesn't affect the operation of the phone or the clarity of the screen.

I've tried BodyGuardz and a couple of other brands which cost over £20 and admittedly they are much more scratch resistant. Putting my phone in a pocket with keys and coins has noticible scratched the protector but it has protected my phone which is the reason I bought it. At 99p for 5 I will just change it when it is too scratched.

Great value for money. I won't pay more ever again.

Zwilling J.A. Henkels Complete Book of Knife Skills: The Essential Guide to Use, Techniques & Care
by Jeffrey Elliot
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars More than just a knife skills book. It will make you a better organised chef, 26 July 2012
I recently bought a set of professional chefs knives and thought it would be a shame if I still used them as I always have so I decided to buy a book that would teach me how to use them properly.

I have only read about 100 pages but I'm already hooked and can't wait to start practising. This book is fantastically detailed and easy to follow. The spiral binding is a great idea so that the pages stay open and it looks like it will be relatively easy to wipe clean.

I can't wait to be able to professionally cut onions evenly and quickly and to carve a chicken properly.

If you want to be better in the kitchen get this book!