Profile for Tim Stephenson > Reviews

Tim Stephenson

Zefal Spy Double Adjustment Bike Mirror for Road and MTB
Zefal Spy Double Adjustment Bike Mirror for Road and MTB

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for Greenlaning, 6 Oct. 2013
I've got one on each side of my motorbike handle bars so I can keep an eye on the trusting souls that follow me around the Devon green lanes. Haven't managed to break them yet.

Joby Gorillapod Original - Black
Joby Gorillapod Original - Black
Offered by ZNE global

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exactly hard wearing, 6 Oct. 2013
Bought this to go with my GoPro. Thought I'd have it hanging off branches and gateposts and the like. The camera attachment broke on the first day. Fixed it by superglueing the GoPro bracket to it and have got some interesting angles in my vids. Check out my YouTube channel to see what it can do: [...]

Jobby could be an appropriate description of the build quality.

GoPro Motorsports Hero2 Action Camera
GoPro Motorsports Hero2 Action Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kit but don't upgrade the firmware, 6 Oct. 2013
Now an outdated model but still capable of HD recordings of excellent quality. Probably now available for a lot less than it cost me. Check out my YouTube channel to see what it can do in the hands of yer average halfwit then buy one and do much better: [...]

GoPro will offer you firmware upgrades. DON'T BOTHER. You'll introduce all sorts of glitches to the camera for (what I can see) absolutely no benefit whatsoever.

GoPro Lens Replacement Kit
GoPro Lens Replacement Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars GoPro restored to Good-as-New, 6 Oct. 2013
My GoPro gets a battering most weekends and these lens replacements sort it out. You even get a nice little screwdriver.

LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi Dongle for Wireless Access to LG Smart TV
LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi Dongle for Wireless Access to LG Smart TV

4.0 out of 5 stars Spot on., 6 Oct. 2013
Got a massively discounted LG LED 42" TV from John Lewis without inbuilt wireless then fitted this adapter. Very pleased with myself.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit but fiddly to get working on WiFi, 6 Oct. 2013
I've worked in IT for 30 years so I was in with a fighting chance but still found that WiFi configuration was a bit fiddly. The Tenvis forums are strewn with misery and desperation but don't let that put you off. The gadget itself is a cracking bit of kit considering the price but the software leaves much to be desired. Follow this link for how to get it working and you won't go far wrong: [...]

There is a problem in that the motion detect feature of this camera is far too sensitive. I've got a 16Gb Micro SD card in mine (the manual confusingly refers to a "TF" card - ignore that) and, when set for motion detect, records every time a piece of dust passes the lens or, when using infra red, at least twice a minute. This may be fixable with a firmware upgrade but with F/W upgrades not officially available on the Tenvis site and the fact that I've got it working in all other aspects, I've not attempted that as yet. It's a massive problem if you've set up the camera to send an email alert every time it detects motion.