Profile for Mr. Jatinder S. Lall > Reviews

Content by Mr. Jatinder S...

Mr. Jatinder S. Lall "Jlall" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Strontium Dog: Search/destroy Agency Files: v. 3 (2000 Ad Strontium Dog 3)
Strontium Dog: Search/destroy Agency Files: v. 3 (2000 Ad Strontium Dog 3)
by Carlos Ezquerra

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class, 10 April 2013
This version includes the story 'Rage'.

An extremely interesting story going back in the past on the origins of Johnny's long-standing partnership with Wulf. The aftermath of the revenge story is fantastic and you do feel his rage and anger, the visulisations of his eyes clearly shows how much anger he has inside of him

Overall if you are a SD fan you have to read this volume

Judge Dredd Tour of Duty: The Backlash (2000ad Judge Dredd)
Judge Dredd Tour of Duty: The Backlash (2000ad Judge Dredd)
by John Wagner

3.0 out of 5 stars More Politics and less action, 10 April 2013
Tour Of Duty foucs's heavily on the politics within Mega City one meaning more talking but less engaging action if I was honest. There seems to be a lack of continuity between one story and another and so for that reason does feel a tab bit dis jointed

Inferno (Judge Dredd (2000 AD))
Inferno (Judge Dredd (2000 AD))
by Grant Morrison

4.0 out of 5 stars Short but to the point, 10 April 2013
Inferno is in tradition with some of the earlier 2000AD comics featuring Judge Dredd. There is no need to know to much about what has occured previously it simply introduces the required charachters and gets on with it.

The plot itself is fun and also quite unique, and something not been done before

If you enjoy reading Judge Dredd then you will enjoy this

Popcorn Hour A-210
Popcorn Hour A-210

4.0 out of 5 stars Vastly Improved on previous versions, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Popcorn Hour A-210 (Electronics)
I previously owned the A110 but finally took the plunge to upgrade to A-210 and can say I don't regret it at all. The build of the box has definetly improved and additionally you no longer hear the annoying fan in the background.

The other good thing is that the older version used to lose the IP Address every so often, however after owning this box for over 6 months this problem has not occured.

The only reason for the 4.5 stars is I wish they would improve the overall UI, so that it feels more smoother like Apple TV.

However given this one small complaint I do not regret purchasing this item at all

Sony DSC-TX55S Digital Camera - Silver (16.2MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.3 inch OLED
Sony DSC-TX55S Digital Camera - Silver (16.2MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 3.3 inch OLED
Offered by siamexpress

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 22 Jun 2012
Hands down I have to say that this digitial camera is the best I have ever owned.

The overall specs of the camera are fantastic but the main thing about this camera for me is the size and the weight. Normally to purchase a camera with these levels of spec you have to compromise on weight and overall size, but with this camera you don't need to.

The camera fits easily into your pcoket and you don't feel the weight of it either.

I cannot recommend this camera highly enough especially if your looking for a high end spec'd camera that also feels light and small in your hands

Sony Tablet SGPT114DE (NVIDIA Tegra2, 1GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB, Android 3.1, Wifi, 3G, Bluetooth) Black and Silver - German Import

5.0 out of 5 stars S1 Tablet Very Nice Item, 5 Mar 2012
Having owned this item now for several weeks I can honestly say it is is a fantastic item. I bought this item for 2 main reasons:

1) You can insert your own SD card
2) You can attach a USB hardrive to watch/copy files over to and from

Now to dispense with some myths, you can copy over files and watch/play files directly from the SD card. It all depends on the media/music player you decide to use. They can be configured to access the internal memory directly.

Additionally by downloading SwiptFTP from the android market you can make the device a FTP server so that you can wirelessly transfer music/videos/documents to both the internal and external (SD Card) memory. Once I reaslised that it made life alot easier.

Just be careful of one thing when purchasing a SD card ensure you purchase a valid/correct sd card. I bought a 32gb card from ebay for £16 and found when I copied over films from my laptop and then plugged the sd card into the tablet the files were becoming corrupted. This was all correctly resolved by the purchase of a quality SD card rather then some cheap knock off.

Once this was inserted I could copy files from and to the sd card.

Also when plugging in a usb/external storage device you need to make sure you eject the device from your laptop/pc otherwise the tablet recognises the device as corrupted. It wont power a 1TB device however can sucesfully power a 250GB hardrive.

However apart from that the device is lovely, it has a smooth asthetic design so that when placed on a table it is easy to type on. Also you have full access to the android apps and these apps are pretty much (or even better) then the apple apps store. Also you can install office suite pro (for £3.50) and can access/work/edit all of your microsoft word docs and the formatting will not be lost or anything.

All in all if you dont want ipad and something different I highly recommend this item

Only Fools and Horses - If They Could See Us Now [1981] [DVD]
Only Fools and Horses - If They Could See Us Now [1981] [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Jason

4.0 out of 5 stars Old Friends, 12 Feb 2010
When I initially heard about the there being another 3 episodes of Only Fools and Horses I must admit I was quite excited. After I had finished watching this I must admit I was in different, while this was not brilliant it was still very good and I think that is where the problem lies. I was expecting the same quality as the last 3 episodes and in all honesty that was simply not there, there were moment of pure genius (Rodney dressed as a Gladiator) but then some very average moments. I would say my biggest criticism was Damian who I felt they could have done so much more with instead of the little rat hoody boy that he was. However like a previous reviewer said Only Fools and Horses is at best sheer brilliance, and at worst very entertaining

Popcorn Hour A-110 HD Networked Media Tank (discontinued by manufacturer)
Popcorn Hour A-110 HD Networked Media Tank (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 12 Feb 2010
I recently bought a popcorn hour and must admit it's not a bad device. I purchased it because I wanted a device in which I could back up my files e.g. pics, movies, music and then watch these directly on my Samsung TV without having to stream (since with streaming the connection can timeout you can't fast forward etc....)
Now originally I bought a buffalo linked media station which was great for backing up, however it was let down by the fact it only came with an usb master connection and not a slave connection. Therefore this meant I could only stream files to my TV and not watch them directly from the hard rive (what in my opinion is a bad idea).

Therefore after much searching online to see something that could fulfil my needs I stumbled across media centres. After doing much research on this topic I decided to go with the popcorn hour mainly because I liked the custom UI on the application. I managed to pick one up in the end with a pre-fitted hard drive of 500 GB for approx £180 (not bad I thought).

Now to set-up this device is quite easy, unbox, plug in power, and then hook-up to your TV via usb, component or hdmi. I choose HDMI, I then connected the popcorn hour to my laptop via usb (since this device acts as a slave) and it immediately recognised the device from which I was able to transfer 2 movies over without any problems. The files played perfectly on the TV via the popcorn hour. I then proceeded to start to transfer files wirelessly using a FTP software. Prior to doing this you will need to format the hardrive otherwise you will not be able to map a network drive or create a FTP connection. Now this unit has come under criticism in regards to this however FTP is not difficult. In most case all you do is type in the ip address, user name and password (which is supplied in the manual) and you're ready to go. You select the files on your PC/Laptop and then choose the directories you want on your popcorn hour (you need a harddrive fitted and these directories are normally Video, Pictures, Music, Download) and then select transfer and of you go. The FTP software then transfers all of the files over. Now here is where there were some issues, the PCH could handle Music and Pictures without any problems however it struggled with Videos, therefore if you were going to transfer videos wirelessly I would suggest in purchasing a Home Plug Network. What this will do is it will create a wired connection via your electricity to enable you to have a internet connection. Once I plugged in the Home Plug network I was then able to transfer over 50GB worth files over night.
Also as I said the device comes with a usb slave so I was able to select my files on my external hardrive and play these through the popcorn hour as well, which means if you don't want to wait 90 mins (this is for blu ray films) for a file to transfer you can copy it to usb and plug it in.

Photo wise the item is fine to display pics and normally the picture is sharp and images vivid.

Music wise it's not the best however it can be changed by using some additional software. Now this is one good thing about the box, if you are an above average tech then you can customise the look and feel of the popcorn hour box by creating index.htmls etc.... There are plenty of network forums in regards to this.

I would say from a distance the item looks good, however on close up it's a little bit to metal for me (I might change to the A200 which is more plastic).

Therefore overall I would say I'm quite happy with the item and would recommend this to all except mac users who live in mac world
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2010 9:59 AM GMT

Logitech Z-500 1.0 Wireless USB Speaker for Notebook
Logitech Z-500 1.0 Wireless USB Speaker for Notebook

4.0 out of 5 stars A very impressive item, 29 Jan 2010
I bought these speakers for use in the bedroom as a I wanted some improved sound when watching films on the laptop. I must admit the sound quality is very good. It is clear and provides a good level of bass

The strange thing is though even though my laptop has in built bluetooth it does have difficutly paring to the speakers. Sometimes it does and sometimes it does not, however it does come supplied with a usb dongle that once plugged in connects automatically to the laptop without any issues.

One strange thing I've noticed though is at times a crackling sound comes out of the speakers, and after much playing around e.g removing the dongle, trying to pair with laptop bluetooth, changing settings to stereo the solution was to simply re-start the laptop (which can be a little bit annoying).

However overall though it does do a very good job in regards to the sound quality. The charge on the system does last for a long time. I use mine for approx 1 hour a day and charge it every 13-14 days

The Fugitive [Blu-ray] [1993] [Region Free]
The Fugitive [Blu-ray] [1993] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Harrison Ford

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 29 Jan 2010
This was a great movie when wathcing it is in standard definition but is evern better in HD

Page: 1 | 2