Profile for Mr. Anthony Travis > Reviews

Content by Mr. Anthony Travis

Mr. Anthony Travis (Reading UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
This Mess We're In
This Mess We're In

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterful!, 10 Nov. 2014
This review is from: This Mess We're In (MP3 Download)
Heard it on the radio and just had to track it down - moving and innovative in equal measures. Masterful!

Brennenstuhl 1298680 MD Moisture Detector
Brennenstuhl 1298680 MD Moisture Detector

5.0 out of 5 stars A bargain all told, 10 Nov. 2014
I only ordered it yesterday and had it delivered to a Collect+ point, so was using it this afternoon.
Amazingly cheap in price, but not in build or quality - feels rugged and well built with decent probes..
Very simple to use. Readings echo those obtained by my mate's Damp Proofing company in my customer's house, so I think it's accurate.
Can't comment on durability yet [obviously] but it looks like it will easily bear the occasional use I plan.
A bargain all told.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2014 2:02 PM GMT

Killer Joe
Killer Joe
by Tracy Letts

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best plays I've ever seen, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Killer Joe (Paperback)
I had been looking for a copy of this since seeing it in the West End 20 years ago.

It's a stunning play, and I guess it's been reprinted due to the release of the film version starring Matthew McConaughey.

The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is the quality of the book itself - some of the pages have crease marks across them as if the whole thing has been scanned or photocopied from an original and then laser-printed. This obscures the text. In other places, the text nearly runs off the edge of the pages.

For the price, I would expect better quality and wish I had bought a good second hand copy.

16-40W Ring Tube Fluorescent Lamp Light Electronic Ballast AC 220V 0.18A
16-40W Ring Tube Fluorescent Lamp Light Electronic Ballast AC 220V 0.18A
Offered by sourcingmap

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job it's supposed to, 1 Jun. 2014
I bought this to replace a ballast in a customer's bathroom light [I'm a qualified electrician].
Had to do a bit of cannibalism on existing wiring, and managed to fix this using one of the existing bolts and one new one.
Good price and quick delivery.

DARWIN & FITZROY
DARWIN & FITZROY

2.0 out of 5 stars Interesting idea, but doesn't quite work as a play or on my iPad, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: DARWIN & FITZROY (Kindle Edition)
As a stage play this is far too "talky" for me, but tastes differ so it might be just somebody else's cup of tea. I think it would probably work better as a radio play.
I downloaded this for the Kindle app on my iPad, and the formatting was pretty bad - character names at the bottom of a page and speech on the next, for example. I'm not sure whether the formatting was to do with the original file, or implementation of the Kindle app, but either way it was not conducive to reading.
For me, the play doesn't hold the attention unless you have a specific interest in the two characters.

Komputerbay 8GB (2 X 4GB) DDR2 DIMM (240 PIN) 800Mhz PC2 6400 PC2 6300 8 GB - CL 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Top service, 20 Mar. 2014
This was a relatively new company with few reviews.
I am so glad I trusted my instincts and went with them.
The product was very keenly priced and arrived extremely quickly.
It's in my refurbished PC, works faultlessly and has made a huge difference to its performance.
In summary - great product, great company, great service!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars A lost gem!, 10 Jan. 2014
Based in North Wales, Fay Ray combined the pop-sensibilities of The Tourists with the harder edge of Siouxsie and The Banshees.
Their first single, Family Affairs [on this album] was Melody Maker single of the week in 1981 - jointly with The Teardrop Explodes' "Reward" and The Passions' "I'm in Love With a German Film Star".
This album is a real lost treasure; one of the British New Waves's great hidden gems.
The album disappeared without trace after the record company didn't renew the contract and the band, in debt, split up.
It has been reported that they were dropped by WEA because they refused to sign away a percentage of future royalties to guarantee radio plays and exposure in the USA.
But of course, that's probably just a rumour.

Transcend HUB3 4-port USB Hub - USB3.0 - with power supply
Transcend HUB3 4-port USB Hub - USB3.0 - with power supply

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 6 Jan. 2014
Small and unobtrusive, and nicely designed.
This would have had five stars if the USB cable that connects it to the USB3 port [on the back of the PC] wasn't so short; unfortunately it barely reaches the front of the [standard midi-tower] PC case, so i can't locate it where i want it - on my desk above the PC.

The Faith Healer (Live)
The Faith Healer (Live)

5.0 out of 5 stars Still as good as it was in the 70s, 6 Jan. 2014
I saw SAHB live a number of times way back in the 70s, and this really captures some of the energy and electricity of their live gigs.

HTC DESIRE GEL CASE COVER - BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE
HTC DESIRE GEL CASE COVER - BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but rubber or neoprene, not a gel case, 10 Nov. 2013
Bought this because I lost my other.
Though it is advertised as a Gel Case [which is what my other one was], this is black neoprene, or something like it.
It protects the phone well, but the illumination of the "Menu", Back" etc buttons is obscured.
Also, the gel version slid into and out of the phone pocket in my work trousers easily as it was shiny/smooth. The material of this one is slightly "sticky" and getting it in and out is difficult - keep missing calls because it sticks getting out.
Although it protects the phone well and has a good grippy feel, I'm giving it a "2" because it's not the gel case I expected.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3