Profile for Lily Rose > Reviews

Lily Rose

Scare Me
Scare Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Scare Me (Kindle Edition)
Okay so some of the scenarios in this book are not 100% believable but it is still a great read. I liked some of the lesser characters, like Tam, and I think the author was right to introduce them without fully developing their stories, as they fulfilled a purpose. I did guess the twist in the storyline but that didn't spoil it for me. I am going to look out for other books by Richard Parker.

JET - Vengeance: (Volume 3)
JET - Vengeance: (Volume 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another page turner from Russell Blake, 28 Sep 2013
Russell Blake has got me hooked on Jet's story and I found it difficult to put this book down. He does tend to stretch credibility sometimes with some of Jet's escapades but he tells a good story and writes well.

Silver Justice
Silver Justice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Silver Justice (Kindle Edition)
I found this book compelling reading. The storyline was good and I enjoyed the financial aspects and the conspiracy theory. I have read quite a few of Russell Blake's books now and I will be looking out for more.

Dianthe Rising (A Dia Mclearey Novel Book 1)
Dianthe Rising (A Dia Mclearey Novel Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poorly written book, 28 Sep 2013
I found it very difficult to read this book due to the numerous grammatical and spelling mistakes.The dialogue was also banal and I just couldn't get into the storyline. I can see that other people have enjoyed this book, but it wasn't for me and I gave up after the first few pages. The author really should have asked someone to edit and proof read it for her before she published it, as the problems I have mentioned will inhibit people's enjoyment of the book and she has obviously put a lot of work into it.

Dead in the Water
Dead in the Water

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book but wish it had ended differently, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Dead in the Water (Kindle Edition)
This book started with a shocking scene of an attack on a Venezuelan rainforest village and it had me hooked from the very beginning. I found it difficult to put the book down and found myself looking forward to reading the next instalment when I had a spare moment. The book is very well written in an engaging style which draws the reader in. I did find the end a bit of a let down, and I wanted to rewrite it, but that may be my idealistic side coming out.

Safe House
Safe House

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book if a little unbelievable in parts, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Safe House (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this fast paced thriller. The story is set on the Isle of Man and the main character is Rob Hale, a plumber, who is called out to mend a boiler in a remote house on the island. Parts of the story seem a little far fetched, but that can be said of many novels. This is the first book I have read by Chris Ewan and I definitely want to read some of his other books.

Capital
Capital

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but fails to fully deliver, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: Capital (Kindle Edition)
I have to agree with other reviewers and say that there are just too many characters and sub-stories going on in this book for the author to do them justice. Some chapters are really well written and allow the reader to get more of an insight into the characters, but others just left me with unanswered questions. It is a shame as I am sure that John Lanchester is an excellent writer, but this book does not do full justice to his skills.

The Silver Mist
The Silver Mist

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and moving story, 24 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Silver Mist (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. It is well written and very moving. It is not the sort of book that I would normally read, but I was encouraged by the other positive reviews and I am glad that I bought it. Parts of it are extremely poignant and it is interesting to see the world through the eyes of Eve, who has Down's syndrome.