Profile for Margaret Gorman > Reviews

Oranges Are Not The Only Fruit
by Jeanette Winterson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Lesbian love., 8 April 2013
I watched this series in the eighties and loved it. It was so different, stimulating from the 'normal' TV series.

Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
Why Be Happy When You Could Be Normal?
by Jeanette Winterson
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fabulous title!, 8 April 2013
In the eighties I watched 'Oranges are not the only fruit' and loved it so much that I wanted to read this book. I was not disappointed especially when one knows the writer Jeanette Winterson's background. She exposes religious bigotry, prejudice and narrow- mindedness. If one does not believe as the mother believes and behaves, one is damned. Just the title, in its context, is wonderful, it says so much about the mother in the book.

Borgen - Series 2 [Blu-ray]
Borgen - Series 2 [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sidse Babett Knudsen
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Stimulating series for the thinking person!, 8 April 2013
I loved the first series, and this series was not disappointing. Why can the UK not produce series like this for people who are interested in political machinations? 'Yes Minister' was such long time ago.

PillMate PillCutter 1 Pack
PillMate PillCutter 1 Pack
Offered by Chemist-net
Price: 2.19

5.0 out of 5 stars OAP's friend., 17 Feb 2013
Purchase just as expected. Delighted with its function! Some pill are very difficult to swallow s they are so large. Perfect for OAP's narrow gullets! The pillcutter makes life so much more pleasant.

The Steamie [DVD] (1988) (Tv-Film)
The Steamie [DVD] (1988) (Tv-Film)
Dvd ~ Dorothy Paul
Offered by missing-missing
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Steamie, 11 May 2012
One has not REALLY lived until one has watched or seen the original 'Steamie'. The characters are wonderful! This is the perfect gift for anyone from the Celtic regions of the UK or even the English - as long as the latter are given a lesson on the vernacular. It is a unigue experience! I never tire of watching it and bought this one as a gift, to introduce the recipient to a new but very old kind of Scottish theatre.

Borgen - Series 1 [DVD]
Borgen - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sidse Babett Knudsen
Offered by 666 Media
Price: 16.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Borgen, 24 Mar 2012
This review is from: Borgen - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
I am absolutely delighted with my purchase and look forward to the next series. I wish I had seen it on television, just to see it again! I have already viewed it three times and passed it on to relatives. Why are we, in the UK, not able to produce such intelligent dramas?

Panasonic RX-D 50 EGS - silver
Panasonic RX-D 50 EGS - silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic CD player, 4 Nov 2011
I am absolutely delighted with this purchase. The sound system is excellent for such a small system. Exceeds all expectations. This is the 10th such system I have purchased! How I wish I had known about this one! Would purchase from this vendor again. Very good service.

A Beginner's Guide to Ideas
A Beginner's Guide to Ideas
by Linda Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars Beginner's Guide to Ideas., 27 Oct 2011
Contrary to my recent feedback regarding 'A Beginner's Guide to Ideas', when I pressed the wrong star, I am delighted with the purchase and the vendor.