Profile for sextant129 > Reviews

Content by sextant129

sextant129 (Berks, UK)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work just fine, pity about the design, 19 Mar 2014
Very nice and neat, and seems to do the job just fine ...... but where do I put the protective cover when the device is in use? It doesn't (as I expected) fit on the other end of the device, so I have three choices: sticking it on the device with bluetack, attaching it with a rubber band (my preferred option or leaving it somewhere on or near the PC and losing it. Why didn't they just get it to fit on the 'blunt' end?

Zoostorm 7877-0423 Home PC (Intel Core i5-3330 2.70GHz Processor, 8GB DDR3, 1TB SATA HDD, DVDRW, Windows 8)
Price: 384.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 4 Nov 2013
I'm no PC guru, so can't comment on the technical side except to say that, after a 5-year old XP system this one seems amazingly fast and impressively quiet.

Delivery was fast too, and packaging good.

Thinking ahead, the only - very mild - disappointment is that Zoostorm don't offer any custom options - the next PC we buy will be used for video editing and we'd like to get an additional hard drive, but it looks as if we'll have to order a standard single hard drive machine and the have the additional hard drive installed by our local PC man.

iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
iReal Pro - Music Book & Play Along
Price: 6.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Mar 2013
Not only the chords, but also the ability to play the chords with a few style options too. This product just gets better and better. And the support desk is outstanding too!

Royal Blue Paper Banquet Roll 8M X 1.2M
Royal Blue Paper Banquet Roll 8M X 1.2M
Offered by Partyrama
Price: 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value..., 7 Mar 2013
.... but it's not quite as royal blue as the picture would imply - more like a faded version of it really.

Fakebook - the Real Book
Fakebook - the Real Book
Price: 1.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional value, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fakebook - the Real Book (App)
.... and no need to lug around all those dog-eared volumes! Pity they can't squeeze in a few dots too, but those are probably copyright!

Sheaffer No-Nonsense Ball Point Pen White Barrel
Sheaffer No-Nonsense Ball Point Pen White Barrel
Offered by K Direct
Price: 8.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Best biro ever!, 17 Feb 2012
First found the 'No Nonsense' biro at Smiths many years ago. Sadly they no longer stock it, and Sheaffer seem not to promote it much in the UK - which is a bit of a mystery, because it's a superb writing implement - a really chunky up-market look, a screw-top cap (some more recent models have a push-on cap) so no fluff gets into the biro. Judging by looks, anyone would think it's worth at least ten times what it actually costs.

Arkon dash air vent mount ball for Garmin Nuvi 200, Nuvi 200w, Nuvi 205, Nuvi 205w, Nuvi 250, Nuvi 250w,  Nuvi 255, Nuvi 255w, Nuvi 260, Nuvi 260w, Nuvi 265t, Nuvi 265wt, Nuvi 270, Nuvi 270w,
Arkon dash air vent mount ball for Garmin Nuvi 200, Nuvi 200w, Nuvi 205, Nuvi 205w, Nuvi 250, Nuvi 250w, Nuvi 255, Nuvi 255w, Nuvi 260, Nuvi 260w, Nuvi 265t, Nuvi 265wt, Nuvi 270, Nuvi 270w,
Offered by Buybits Addons
Price: 6.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective, excellent value, 2 Jan 2011
None of the 'standard' positions for SatNavs suited, and my wife and I bought this as a way of putting the thing where we wanted it - centre-car to the left of the instrument cluster.

We tried it; the position is ideal (both driver and passenger/navigator can see it); and it works. Logically, the clip fits in (and comes out) so easily that one would imagine that it should fall out at the slightest bump. But it doesn't.

At the price, we thought that, "well, if it doesn't work we've not spent a bomb and can try something else". Well, we're not looking anywhere for a better solution; we're very satisfied.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The best over-the counter Athletes Foot treatment, 2 Jan 2011
I've used this ointment for some time, and found it to work as well as anything. On the advice of my chiropodist I switched to Clearzal-Bac, but found that really made my feet burn - the sensation of hot shower water on them was the same as if I'd got them sunburnt.

There seems to be nothing which clears Athletes Foot once and for all but, after three to five days treatment with Canestan, my feet are itch-free for a decent length of time.

Clearzal-Bac Nail Solution for Healthy Nails 30ml
Clearzal-Bac Nail Solution for Healthy Nails 30ml
Offered by DirectHealth&Beauty
Price: 18.33

1.0 out of 5 stars Might be good for some, but not for me, 30 Nov 2010
My chiropodist recommended this as the best treatment for my athletes foot. I tried it for about two weeks, but found it increasingly painful. The effects were a bit like sunburn - hot, or even warm, shower water on my feet was a definite "Ouch!". I'm sure some people may find it fine, but, as the title of this review says, "not for me".
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 29, 2012 7:48 AM BST

Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Creative Inspire T10 Multimedia Speakers
Price: 29.98

5.0 out of 5 stars A revalation!, 28 Jun 2008
Following a previous buyer's review, I bought these speakers, plugged them into our TV and was really impressed - amazed even - at the improvement in the quality of the sound. Music is excellent; even better, though, the dialogue on films, Dr Who etc is now audible and distinguishable from the effects (supposedly 'background' noise). What a difference! So pleased that I bought another set to go on my laptop (used for Band in a Box) with just as satisfactory results. I'm sure it's possible to spend more - a lot more - but, for the moment, these are very much more than adequate, and excellent value for money.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 31, 2009 9:03 AM GMT