Profile for Irina H. > Reviews

Content by Irina H.

Irina H. (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Sugarflair Spectral Concentrated Paste Food Colouring :: Perfect for all Cakes & Cupcakes - Halloween Orange

1.0 out of 5 stars Was not the colour I ordered, 27 Jan. 2013
I haven't used this product yet. The one star is because I ordered four colours but instead of getting Halloween Orange I received tangerine orange. Maybe it will work but I was not told of the change and hence am disappointed.

Your Baby and Child
Your Baby and Child
by Penelope Leach

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it before your baby is born, 15 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Your Baby and Child (Paperback)
I bough this book about 6 months after my first child was born and didn't think much of it as about 70% of the book covers the subject of "new Born" and therefore it didn't provide to much help. My second child is now 10 days old and I can recommend this book enough. I read it while breastfeeding and I am amazed at how informative it is - even for a second time mum. I have given it 4 stars only because of the fact that is has a lot on new born and less on toddlers but I believe that any new mother would greatly benefit from reading this book.

Melissa & Doug 14222 Fashion Fun Stencil Set
Melissa & Doug 14222 Fashion Fun Stencil Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 9 Feb. 2012
This is a nice stencil set which my daughter and a few of her friends are using and having lots of fun. The only down point is that some of the lines are very narrow so always need a sharp pencil to trace out the figure. Well, hasn't stopped anyone from having fun.

Crayola - 9 Glitter Glue
Crayola - 9 Glitter Glue

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so good for a Crayola, 9 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Crayola - 9 Glitter Glue (Toy)
Half of the glues dried out very quickly or the glitter collected in one end of the tube and never mixed with the glue again - try explaining to a disapointed 3 year old that it happens sometimes. Not fun.

29mm Plastic Nylon Self-Cover Buttons x 10
29mm Plastic Nylon Self-Cover Buttons x 10
Offered by Filoro Gifts & Crafts

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice buttons, 9 Feb. 2012
The buttons were absolutley fine,the only reason i give 4 stars is the price. I feel they are slightly overpriced.

Peppa Pig: The Fire Engine [Volume 12] [DVD]
Peppa Pig: The Fire Engine [Volume 12] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Phil Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 2 Sept. 2011
This DVD is as nice as the other ones, and I think finally the creators of Peppa Pig have decided to pay more attention on friendship. Daddy Pig is seen playing football and having a barbeque with his friends (mates) , but for some reason Mummy Pig is portrayed as less fun loving. Also I have now fully memorised the Bing Bong song, I though that Delphine Donkey could have been thought a nicer song. Well despite this, my daughter has seen it ten times since she got it last week.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for sensitive skin, 3 Aug. 2011
My daughter has very sensitive skin and last year I bought the Sun Sense Sensitive which worked perfectly. This year it was not available on Amazon and after reading the reviews for the toddler milk I decided to try it. Regrettably it is not suitable for sensitive skin and my daughter had a rash within a few hours of using it. I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin. However I found the roll on bottle very nice and easy to use.

Chocolate Mousse For Greedy Goose
Chocolate Mousse For Greedy Goose
by Julia Donaldson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good, 3 Aug. 2011
My daughter and I are big fans of Julia Donaldson and have almost all books! This one I must say is our least favourite and there is definitely something wrong with the ending...not only that it doesn't rhyme properly but it conveys the meaning that being lazy is OK. I am not the strictest mum in the world but thought that this was quite disappointing.

Complete Baking
Complete Baking
by Martha Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 3 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Complete Baking (Paperback)
A great book with what feels like an endless supply of recipes and as many lovely photographs. It also includes a section on baking low fat deliciously looking cakes, biscuits etc.

Pigs, Piglets and Porkers
Pigs, Piglets and Porkers
by Alison Wormleighton

5.0 out of 5 stars A little treasure, 3 Aug. 2010
I found this book in our local Oxfam shop and after a quick flip through the pages bought it immediately. As you may guess from the title ALL of the projects involve pigs in one way or the other - quilted, stitched, appliquéd, embroidered and even knitted. But fear not, even if you are not too keen on piggies, this book is great starting point for learning different sewing techniques, like inserting a piping cord etc.
Having said that the book is not too basic, but not too advanced either and projects include:
Cushions
French coffee press cover
Door stopper
Patchwork place mat
Picture frame
Wash bag
Generally, a very nice book with good explanations and creative ideas, worth having among your sewing book collection.

Page: 1 | 2