ARRAY(0xa54f74e0)

Profile for Ian Halstead > Reviews

Content by Ian Halstead

Ian Halstead (Shropshire)

Page: 1 | 2
2m (6.5ft) Deluxe Thick Chunky Wide Silver Shiny Christmas Tree Tinsel Garland with Embossing Decoration
Offered by For All Occasions Ltd
Price: 2.20

1.0 out of 5 stars avoid, 11 Dec 2013
Have to say, am stunned by the positive reviews.
Am about to buy tinsel for 2013, and remembered I'd forgotten to review this product when I unwisely bought it last December.
It is not deluxe, nor thick, nor chunky, nor wide.
It is simply a rip-off.

Ecoleaf Multi Surface Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 6)
Ecoleaf Multi Surface Cleaner 500 ml (Pack of 6)
Price: 13.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for all kitchen surfaces, 20 Jun 2013
After installing a new kitchen, my cleaner suggested I needed to use a multi-surface cleaner between her fortnightly visits, to prevent itsy-bitsy bits of gloop/curry/pizza/food ingredients sticking to the various surfaces, esp the granite.
We trialled three products, and this was rated the most effective, the longest-lasting and the best value.
I use the Amazon multi-buy six-pack, making it even better value.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect + bemused by the critics, 10 Jun 2013
I must echo the thoughts of the earlier reviewer, when I read a trio of carping 'reviews' claiming this device didn't work, and even that it 'broke' into pieces, I did wonder what I'd ordered.
Now I'm sitting here, looking at my pix which were uploaded from my camera's SD card in seconds, without hitch, I really do wonder as to the critics' credibility.
I just can't imagine how anyone could break this device - even if they tried to force it into the iPad socket upside down.
As to its operational capabilities, it works flawlessly for me, and given that it comes from Germany,I'd be amazed if the quality control system wasn't likewise.
I suppose a duff one of anything could slip through the best process, but to see three folk in a row claiming their connection didn't work is a real puzzle.

CLOS DE LOS SIETE - 2009 ( Argentine-Cafayate, Salta-Red-0,75L )
CLOS DE LOS SIETE - 2009 ( Argentine-Cafayate, Salta-Red-0,75L )

5.0 out of 5 stars One for the shortlist, 10 Jun 2013
A potential hiccup re the availability of the 2009 vs the 2010 was easily resolved. Admittedly, it did take longer to arrive than I expected, although still within the wide delivery window. However, the delay was immediately forgotten when I tasted this delightful and flavour-full red. Decanted, to accompany a meat-based evening meal, it impressed not only myself, but my two companions, who usually prefer reds from the slopes of France or Northern Italy, rather than offerings from the foothills of the Andes.
Decently-priced too, so this won't be the last bottle which makes the long journey from Argentina to Shropshire.

KAVAJ leather case cover "Hamburg" for the new Apple iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2 black - genuine leather with stand-up feature 5 angle
Offered by KAVAJ
Price: 59.90

5.0 out of 5 stars It's what iPads dream of ..., 24 May 2013
Landed this am, and my iPad and I could not be happier. The Hamburg design is sleek, contemporary and stylish. It's also real leather, not the faux-stuff passed off by so many cynical manufacturers. Holes precisely where they should be, and the inside holds the iPad safely and securely. To answer two earlier criticisms.
No - it's not too tight, unless you leave the protective foam inside.
No - you don't have to force the iPad anywhere, if you unfold the cunning entry sleeve.
And for those who moan that five 'stand' positions isn't enough, please let us all know which case offers more.

Woodmansterne Birthday / Blank Photographic RSPB Card - Kingfisher
Woodmansterne Birthday / Blank Photographic RSPB Card - Kingfisher
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT
Price: 3.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter, 21 May 2013
Beautiful pic, quality card, not cheap, but perfect when you want to make a discreet impression - but which clot at the RSPB designed a card which is too large for the standard High Street post-box?

Kitchen Craft Sink and Overflow Cleaning Brush
Kitchen Craft Sink and Overflow Cleaning Brush
Price: 3.25

5.0 out of 5 stars If your Dyson gets clogged up ..., 18 April 2013
then this is just perfect for removing carpet fibre and hairs from the 'funnel'.
I have no problems with my sinks of overflow, but the Dyson was losing suction and it's impossible to get into the end of the 'funnel', just above the carpet-beating thingie.
After numerous failed attempts to remove the accumulated material, I saw this on here, and it offers the perfect combination of strength and bendability.
If that's a word.

Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Biscuits
Milk Chocolate Salted Caramel Biscuits
Offered by Fine Food Specialist
Price: 3.98

5.0 out of 5 stars yummy - but for someone special, 4 April 2013
A quality product; packed to please, and the contents do likewise.
Expensive though for the weight, so it's either a treat for yourself, or for someone you love, as no-one's ever going to buy these for a casual acquaintance, or to accompany a cuppa with the DPD driver.

Compatible Epson Expression XP-405 Ink Cartridges 1X Black 1X Cyan 1X Magenta 1X Yellow (4-Pack)
Offered by Mega Deals XL Limited
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible - with my printer and my banker, 4 April 2013
First time I've tried 'compatible' cartridges, rather than the ludicrously expensive official ones, and so far, am very satisfied. Arrived as promised, soundly packed and are now churning away as hoped-for. Admittedly, it always grates when a seller charges as much P&P as for the product - as if to gain a remarkable headline price for the latter, but it's not if they hide the price before purchase.

UniBond Repair Power Epoxy All Purpose 14ml
UniBond Repair Power Epoxy All Purpose 14ml
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 6.77

5.0 out of 5 stars the ideal solution, 6 Jun 2011
One of the speakers in my sound system came off the wall - a hefty 5 kilos - and I needed to choose a compound to keep the screws firmly in place.
I had my doubts, but they are no more after a 'gloop' of UniBond's expoxy into the original drill holes.
A month later, the speaker mounting remains rock-solid, and I would recommend this product highly.

Page: 1 | 2