Profile for Mr. J. M. Brooks > Reviews

Content by Mr. J. M. Brooks

Mr. J. M. Brooks (Maidenhead)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Samsung Slim External CD DVRW Burner
Samsung Slim External CD DVRW Burner
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Happiness is a wonderful well priced DVD/CD/RW burner, 24 Jun 2014
My Sony Vario 24" built into the screen player began to fail. ( flimsy bit of kit anyway but I expected better than 2 1/2Years use) Trolled the net as we all do to get an idea of whats available/good. To upgrade to Blu Ray was an option but the cost outweighed the need. Plug and play and it was as good as I hoped. Now almost 6 months on.... if you need one this is it. Its portable too - so I went on holiday and attached it seamlessly onto the wife's laptop. So neat, lovely gentle satisfying "whirr" when its switched on and when loaded, low power usage too. As I have said Happiness is a bargain that continues to be so.

Anker® Screen Protector for Apple iPad Air iPad 5 [2-Pack] - Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

2.0 out of 5 stars If you are perfectionist and lack the skills...., 24 Jun 2014
I just got a brand new Ipad air so an obvious choice. It was not the cheapest but seemed to have a good following. Sadly I did not have the skills to fit the first skin perfectly. Stubborn bubbles and a few microscopic grit/dust lumps meant scrapping and starting again. By this time the dust "sticky" remover was contaminated and patience holding the tiny anti-bubble card had been exhausted.The second skin UN-perfectly fitted, joined the first in the bin. Frankly the instructions given were not thorough. In retrospect, cleaning of the screen we all know should be spotless.The danger of dust particles being attracted by the friction cleaning was not. However the use of the sticky dust remover strip only became obvious after fitting the first screen. If I have another go I will ensure the kit comes with a bigger dust remover and perhaps move into the bathroom and turn on the shower(a recommendation found elsewhere on the net albeit retrospectively. I'm sure the skins were good, but the instructions and the meanness of the dust/bubble tools allow the low score. I give myself the same score for thinking I could do this. Anybody offer a fitting service?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 24, 2014 2:39 PM BST

The Gods of Guilt (Mickey Haller 5)
The Gods of Guilt (Mickey Haller 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Facinating look into corruption in US law enforcement, 23 Jun 2014
Another great novel from the master. More complicated than the norm. Needed a note of who was who. Is USA court procedure as awful as this book and TV shows indicate?

August EP650 - Bluetooth Wireless Stereo NFC Headphones - Over Ear Cordless Headphones with 3.5mm Wired Audio In, Rechargeable Battery, NFC Tap To Connect and built-in Microphone - Compatible with Mobile Phones, iPhone, iPad, Laptops, Tablets, Smartphones etc.
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A wortwhile recomendation, 10 Jun 2014
At this price it has a few faults but its worth every penny. Sound is as good as it gets. Faults? can be fiddly to turn up the volume.
annoys those close by with a flashing LED while its working. No wires and very comfortable. Good buy.

FoliX Anti-reflective Screen Protection Film for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10
FoliX Anti-reflective Screen Protection Film for Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10

5.0 out of 5 stars Expensive but perfect, 10 Jun 2014
Hate those stick on protective films. This was so worth it. It works well and I am very happy with this item.

My iPhone (Covers iPhone 4/4S, 5/5C and 5S running iOS 7) (7th Edition) (My...)
My iPhone (Covers iPhone 4/4S, 5/5C and 5S running iOS 7) (7th Edition) (My...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, bought the kindle edition too., 10 Jun 2014
The best Iphone handbook you will find. Forget those expensive "Magbook" options,- pretty pictures but miss out on the detail. This on the otherhand is a real deal.

My HTC One
My HTC One
by Craig James Johnston

3.0 out of 5 stars A present, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: My HTC One (Paperback)
Saw a chum having a problem with his new phone. It was his birthday so it seemed like a good idea. I love my own Iphone edition so....
dont go on my star quality. Bob ( my chum) seemed underwhelmed with it. You can lead a horse to water........

Here Come Summer
Here Come Summer

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it when a teenager, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Here Come Summer (MP3 Download)
Had to have it s part of my music collection. Oh what a summer that was ! Nostalgia is everything its meant to be.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 (PC/Mac)
Adobe Photoshop Elements 12 (PC/Mac)

2.0 out of 5 stars But if things go wrong... Watch em walk away., 27 May 2014
I have used this software since Elements 9 (premier included). Jumping from 9 to 11 and then 12. So i cant say the software, when it works, is good. In itself it complicated but worthy - make some cash in your wallet avilable for "how to books" and video. Some excellent stuff is free on Utube. But when things go wrong as I have found out just recently the whole thing just dies. My experiance of Adobe customer service has been wanting and I feel that the my copy of the software is now almost useless. In my case a simple email sign in error caused a problem which in turn involved curt unhelpful emails and then silence. At over £200 worth of expenditure overall I have drawn a line under it and moved on to other products. Unless you are confident be warned - Adobe customer service is a bag of sorrow. If I ever get a response from them to resolve my situation i will let you know. My usual reviews are mostly posotive but as you can imagine I cant speak well of these guys.

I Won't Send Roses
I Won't Send Roses

5.0 out of 5 stars Heard this on on Sky Arts Elaine Page TV show., 25 May 2014
This review is from: I Won't Send Roses (MP3 Download)
Not familiar before seeing this guy play and sing on Elaine Paige's TV show this week (25/05/2014) Wow what a voice, such control on tone and breath. - perfectly performed. It was like finding an antique in a boot sale sort of thing. This guy is apparently an American hero in that he collects, archives and restores what he calls the great American Songbook. Rare video and manuscripts and such. I am looking forward now to experiancing more of his work and talent and whole career.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5