Profile for Richard Blevins > Reviews

Content by Richard Blevins

Richard Blevins (Cranleigh - UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Nivea Men Active Age Day Moisturiser, 50ml
Nivea Men Active Age Day Moisturiser, 50ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 5 Nov. 2015
Works for me!

Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary Manual (Agents Technical Manual)
Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary Manual (Agents Technical Manual)
by Sam Denham

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Nov. 2015
Brilliant, I nearly kept it for myself!!!

Poisoned Legacy
Poisoned Legacy
by Mike Magner

3.0 out of 5 stars Unimpressive presentation of the facts, 5 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Poisoned Legacy (Paperback)
What could easily have been a respected, informative and well researched account is spoilt completely and devalued by being presented as a 380 word rant against anything with "British" in the title and any pretty much any executive involved who was not born on this (UK) side of the Atlantic!
There is no doubt that BP like so many other "Big Oil" companies have much to be ashamed of and held to account for however so much of this authors presentation is based on emotive and unqualified comments and supposition along with emotionally turning every injured American party or person into saints whilst generally conveniently gliding over the huge contribution made to so many of the issues covered and in many cases originated by US companies over many years..
The inclusion of folksy emotional tales that hold no value to the discussion comes across as just pointless space filling.
Its a pity as there has obviously been significant research gone into the book which if presented in a more balanced and unbiased way could have claimed a place as a genuine and respected work of reference.

Silavent SDF100TB Bathroom Extractor Fan with Timer. For 4" / 100mm duct
Silavent SDF100TB Bathroom Extractor Fan with Timer. For 4" / 100mm duct
Offered by MCD Electrical - Established 1993

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly noisy, 6 Aug. 2015
Purchased as a direct replacement for the preceding model but very disappointed to find that the fixing points and terminals have been relocated but most of all to find it is considerably noisier that the old unit.

Cutting For Stone
Cutting For Stone
by Abraham Verghese

5.0 out of 5 stars If Carlsberg wrote books, they still wouldn't be as good as this!!, 6 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Cutting For Stone (Paperback)
an absolute masterpiece of literature.
An rich and beautifully told oddessy of characters, story lines and emotions written in a way which will draw you in and absorb you.
As the story unfolds the characters slowly become loved and familiar as their lives subtlety become intertwined to build a complete masterpiece.
Possibly the most engaging and enjoyable books I have ever read in my 60+ years.

Method Clementine Washing Up Liquid Refill 1064 ml (Pack of 2)
Method Clementine Washing Up Liquid Refill 1064 ml (Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 23 Feb. 2015
Excellent and long lasting

KiwiBird® NEW 8 pin 5-in-1 Digital Camera Card Reader with 130mm Convenient Cable for Apple iPad 4/ iPad Air/ iPad mini/ iPad mini 2 with Retina Display | Supports Micro SD(TF)/ SDHC/ Mini SD/ MS DUO (SONY)/ MMC/ M2 Card | Supports MPEG-4/H.264 Videos and JPEG/RAW Photos [12-Month Warranty]
Offered by KiWiBiRD Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, worked out of the box on IPad mini, 23 Feb. 2015
Excellent piece of kit at a very reasonable price. Followed the clearly detailed instructions and had photos loaded on my series 1 IPad mini in 60 seconds. study construction and well packaged. Very good value for the price.
Have no hesitation in recommending .

Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts
Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts

5.0 out of 5 stars Very very effective, 22 Dec. 2013
I changed to this Floss action design from the normal head approx 12 months ago as I have a real dislike of normal floss and find it both painful and uncomfortable.
Subsequently on each of my last 3 dental appointments my hygienist has commented on just how plaque free my teeth have been.
Definitely very effective and highly recommended.

1914-1918: The History of the First World War
1914-1918: The History of the First World War
by David Stevenson

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely excellent book spoilt by a penny pinching publisher, 2 Oct. 2012
The star rating is for the book, the publishers however would not get a single star due to their stupid penny pinching decisions in regards to printing.
After reading Robert K Massies staggeringly readable "Dreadnought" almost non stop detailing the events leading up to the start of the first world war in 1914 due to the quality of writing and clear presentaion of events I was so taken with the subject that I decided that I must follow up with an equaly good history of the conflict itself.
After a lot of research I found almost universal (now known to be well deserved) praise for this book.
This is an excellent book absolutely filled with detailed and informative text that provides an in depth understanding of the world shaping events of 1914 - 1918 as well as an explanation of the subsequent peace aggrement and its effect on Germany.
However reading it has proved to be a difficult labour of love due to the rediculously small font size of print which I can only assume has been chosen to save on paper cost.
What a shame that a masterpiece of modern historical writing should have the reading enjoyment spoilt by a publishers cheap attempt to save pennies.

Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream 200 ml
Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream 200 ml
Offered by TK Logistics

5.0 out of 5 stars A modern day Shroud of Turin, 4 May 2012
After having decided to ape my hero Elton John and go for the complete "Back Sack & Crack" treatment I as many other before me opened the box, discarded the instructions and applied the magic cream, I mean, who but a total moron needs instrctions on how to rub a bit of cosmetic dollop onto their twigs & berrie etc?

Having applied the cream all round the family vegetable plot and getting a "chum" to do the same to my back I decided to lay on my bed for the designated 6 minutes (+ 2 for luck) and let the magic work its wonders. Unfortunately I fell asleep only to wake up 30 minutes later in what appered to be a burning building but not able to see due tand blinded by the tears streaming down my face from the pain of the flames licking round my underrcarridge. Convinced then that the flames had totaly engulfed me and had aready started to cook my entire body I leaped out of my bed and without breaking step dived through the nearest window only to land on the dog who took one look at me, panicked at what he saw, bit me and bolted out of the garden never to be seen again.
Now lying naked and screaming in agony in my front garden with what appeared to be a boiling hot rancid smelling black sludge sliding down my body a passer by called an ambulance although at the time I was begging for the services of an exorcist as it was obvious to me that all of Satans little devils were trying to remove my skin with cheesegraters.
Having been removed to the burns unit of my local hospital I was given pain killers and sedated for 2 weeks and on my release arrived home to find the sheet on my bedsheet idelibly marked with the outline of my body burnt into it like a modern day Shroud of Turin.
As for my back, sack & crack, 3 months later there is still no sign of the smallest hair growing nor I have to say any sign of life in Mr Todger added to which my crinkly cave still looks like an anteater sucking a lemon.
After serious consideration I have decided to give this product 5 stars as the review is for the efficiency of the product rather than the life changing effect of not reading the instructions.

Page: 1 | 2