Profile for Marc C > Reviews

Marc C

Edinburgh Raspberry Gin Liqueur 50 cl
Edinburgh Raspberry Gin Liqueur 50 cl

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 23 Jan. 2014
absolutely delicious. I got this as an alternative to sloe gin and think I will be sticking with raspberry going forward. well worth a try!

Anker® Ultra Slim Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case Multi Angle Stand - Synthetic leather with smart cover - Automatic Sleep / Wake function for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8-Inch T3100 T3110 Tablet
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker® Ultra Slim Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Case Multi Angle Stand, 23 Jan. 2014
I have been very impressed with this case. Initially I went for a cheap and cheerful case for about £7 which was fine and did the job but it did add quite a lot of bulk to my tablet and did not look particularly great. I had seen Anker cases for other tablets so was delighted when they started making one for the galaxy tab 3 8.0.

the case fits very well, does not add too much in the way of bulk and looks great. I would certainly not describe the material as synthetic leather but I am not sure what you would call it. Anyway, I think it looks and feels great whatever it is!

All of the gaps in the case are in the right place for you camera, sim card and volume buttons and you can still access the charging point when the case is closed which seems to be a key thing for some people.

The stand works well and offers a range of angles and all in all I'd say it was a great case.

the only minor downside worth pointing out is that as the case is pretty slimline it does not look as though it gives as much protection as some of the bulkier cases although that could be just a visual thing. If you have kids or like to throw your tablet on the floor every now and again then I'd probably get a bulkier case with more padding but if you want something that is smart, slimline and works well for a great price then I don't think you will find anything better than this case!

Hilarity Ensues
Hilarity Ensues

1.0 out of 5 stars getting worse by the book, 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Hilarity Ensues (Kindle Edition)
I have read all 4 of Tucker Max's books. The first one I LOVED. the writing style, the stories basically everything about it appealed to my very immature sense of humour. I purchased about 5 copies of "I hope they serve bee in hell" that I gave to friends who all loved it. The second book was not nearly as good but still OKish. the third and forth have just been atrocious. The stories are not nearly as clever or funny and lots are just add ons to previous stories from the earlier books. I would not recommend this book to anyone. even if you loved the first book I would seriously just stop there.

Snakehive Branded Laminated Leather Brown Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 and Screen Protector

3.0 out of 5 stars Best looking cover that I have tried although breaks very easily, 3 July 2013
Update: after every day use of the cover for only a couple of weeks the magnetic clip has broken. I have fixed this with superglue and it seems to be holding out OK but not ideal. I have since been using a much cheaper cover and although a bit more bulky and not as attractive a cover it seems to be holding out much better.

Original review:

This is my third (and hopefully final) cover for my S3. The first one I tried was very cheap, did the job but did not look too good. the second one was a little more expensive but terrible quality and this one is just right.

The quality is fantastic for the price, the case it fits the phone perfecty and it looks very stylish and professional. The case is relatively slim fitting so does not add too much bulk to the phone. The one downside for some is that this means it does not offer quite as much protection as other cases but I would much prefer it that way round. It is not designed to be the kind of case for someone who is constantly dropping/throwing their phone on the ground but will certainly offer more than adequate protection for my needs.

I'll try to update this review in a few months as I know some people have complained about the magnet breaking after the case is dropped a few times but in reality if that happens to me I would just buy another one of these cases. for under £10 I don't expect this case to last forever but I am sure it will do a better job than some of the more expensive cases and will no doubt last longer too!

If trying to decide between a handful of different cases I would highly recommend putting this one towards the top of your list. I looked at a whole handful of options and tried a few different ones only to find that this is what I should have bought in the first place.

Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S315i - Silver
Logitech Rechargeable Speaker S315i - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars versatile and great value, 25 Jun. 2013
over the last few years I have purchased these speakers for myself, my sister, my mother and my girlfriend. every one of us loves the speakers. The battery life has been great, the sound quality is fantastic and they are very portable so great for taking on holidays. For the price I think you will struggle to find anything better!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value for money, 25 Jun. 2013
if you are looking for a cheap and simple cover for your S3 then this is it. the screen protector fits perfectly, the cover is solid but not too bulky and the sock looks good and fits well. The side buttons are still very easy to use and there is sufficient space for charging, headphones and the camera. having looked at a lot of different cover options I am very happy that I went for this one.

Xtra-Funky Exclusive Soft Durable Silicone Case Cover Skin For Amazon Kindel 4 (4th Generation No Keyboard 2011 Model) (BLACK)

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product, 9 Jan. 2012
This is my third (and now final) cover for my kindle. Initially I purchased a fake leather book style cover that I found OK but a bit too bulky. I then purchased what I thought was a gel style cover but it turned out it was more of a hard "skin" type cover.

This is exactly what I should have purchased in the first place. It fits the kindle well and covers a lot of the front as well as the back offering added protection.

If I was being ultra picky I would say that it could do with being a little bit tighter fitting around the control button but realistically I am not sure you will find a better cover for the money.

A few colleagues have watch me go through a range of covers over the last week and all agree that this is the best of the lot and will be buying it themselves.