Profile for tomski > Reviews

Content by tomski

tomski "tomistheone" (UK)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC DVD)
Offered by Shop4World

4.0 out of 5 stars Well, I enjoyed it., 18 Nov 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Ok, so I might not be a hardcore COD multiplayer enthusiast but I like my COD games as much as the next person. For me, personally the experience was all about the Single Player and not the Multiplayer (one reason why I am not so offended by the lack of dedicated servers multiplayer wise). I found the Single Player experience to be one of the most thrilling and exciting experiences of any Single Player game recently released and definitely on par with the previous COD games. Sure the game may be relying on an old COD4 engine still but as far as I'm concerned the action, the weapons, the story, more than made up for it. I can empathize with people who are annoyed about the multiplayer but I think it's harsh to rate a game down on one aspect.

I enjoyed it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 19, 2009 11:18 AM GMT

No Line On The Horizon
No Line On The Horizon
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars Very average by U2 standards, 19 Feb 2009
This review is from: No Line On The Horizon (Audio CD)
For starters IS NOT a good U2 album. To be quite frank this album pulls away my hatred from "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" and actually makes me respect it more because "No Line On The Horizon" is a very boring album by U2 standards.

I am a huge U2 fan and I think their greatest work was acomplished with The Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby and thereafter we've been invited to take a ride with them in their musical journey which was to just make great music. They have no driving force anymore, they don't need to prove themselves and they aren't the younger outspoken U2 we used to know. They are family men now, with girlfriends, wives and children and their perspective of the world has changed as they have matured.

More to the point, No Line On The Horizon feels like it couldn't be more non-U2. The signature guitar sounds of The Edge seems less present, the rhythm section sounds lacking, and Bono's lyrics are completely hit and miss. All the traits that make U2 who they are not here and it sounds as if U2 are trying to be someone they are not or they simply aren't trying anymore. Either way, one can't help but feel this could be the final nail in U2's coffin.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 1, 2009 4:31 PM GMT