Profile for L. Kerr > Reviews

Content by L. Kerr

L. Kerr "Lorz" (Glasgow, Scotland, UK)

Illustration Now! 2
Illustration Now! 2
by Julius Wiedemann

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Illustration Work, but no techniques ..., 6 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Illustration Now! 2 (Paperback)
I am currently studying Graphic Design, and looking though this book has given me so much insiration for Illustration class! There are lots of illustrations I found that would appeal more to students, or younger people, as they are bold, colourful and abstract. There is plenty variation from Photoshop to clay models, every page you turn it's something different. I found it very useful for new ideas.
Only downside is that it's just examples of work. There are no techniques explained, though it tells you what programs and tools were used ...

The Dark Knight featuring Production Art and Full Shooting Script
The Dark Knight featuring Production Art and Full Shooting Script
by Craig Byrne

4.0 out of 5 stars Not much art, mainly script, 6 Sept. 2008
I was really looking forward to recieving this throught the post, and when I seen the size of the book I thought "great".
But there are only 50 pages of photographs and concept art, and the rest is all script. I think the item description for this is misleading, as it sais "The Art of The Drak Knight"
Don't get me wrong, the artwork and photographs are great, and there's a section where the make up artist tell of how the Joker's make up was done! That's why I have given it 4 Stars.