Profile for bobbycow > Reviews

bobbycow

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
Kärcher Window Vac Small Suction Blade - For WV50, WV55, WV60 and WV70
Kärcher Window Vac Small Suction Blade - For WV50, WV55, WV60 and WV70

5.0 out of 5 stars AN excellent tool for smaller surfaces and panes, 5 Aug. 2012
This was a much needed addition to the Karcher Window Vac armory.
The big head on the standard model was just too big for some surfaces like the small glass panels in some doors, small picture frames, car wing mirrors etc
This atachment fits easily and works just as well as the original, leaving no smears or water, but managing to fit into those inaccessible places.
If you have a Karcher WV already then you will want one of these. If you are going to buy one then add one of these to you purchase because you will need one!
Highly recommended.

Karcher Spray Bottle and Microfibre Cleaning Head
Karcher Spray Bottle and Microfibre Cleaning Head
Offered by Alex Shanks Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent used with Karcher window mini vacuum, 5 Aug. 2012
This is basically a spray bottle of window cleaner with a small mop head for windows attached.
The idea is to use it to wet the windows and wipe them ahead of using the Karcher vacuum tool, and together they work very well.
The Karcher vac works brilliantly, but you will need something to apply the cleaner efficiently. You could spray this on with a normal spray, then wipe this around with a cloth or your own version of the mop head, but
it would be a lot slower and by comparison with the hi-tech of the vac would seem positively lo-tech, thus rather defeating the object.
I clean windows etc with the spray/mop in one hand and the vac in the other, which is speedy and efficient. If you have to put something down to pick something else up, if you can remember where you left it ... and so on. Anyway that's me.
On it's own this isn't much at all, but in conjunction with the vac I'd definitely recommend it.

Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Kärcher WV50 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum
Offered by Country Gardening

5.0 out of 5 stars Inside and out this machine is wizard! Buy one now!, 5 Aug. 2012
I am always sceptical of the manufacturer's blurb, but the reveiws were so positive I was persuaded to try it out.
I have never been able to clean windows without leaving streak marks, and on big panes this is a real nuisance.
Also you need so many accompaniments - bucket of soapy water, wet cloth, squeegee, dry cloth or chamois etc
Prepared for disappointment I had a go with the Karcher as soon as it arrived.
Much to my amazement it is dead easy to use once charged up, and the results are truly amazing.
I use the diluted cleaner in a spray bottle with the head attached so it spreads the cleaner over the surface of the window to be cleaned - this I do with my left hand and then with my right hand holding the mini-vacuum I simply run the head down the surface like a normal squeqee and it sucks up all the water, right down to the bottom edge. This manoeuvre can be done sideways or at an angle to catch missed bits, and depending on the size of the window pane.
With less flourish but more practicality you could 'wash' several windows first, then come back with the vacuum and dry them up in a series. You wouldn't want them to start to dry naturally though, or to start to drip over the ledge, so I think vacuuming as you go, or doing just 2 or 3 windows in a row is probably the better idea.
Haven't found a problem with it yet, so nothing negative to say. I use it on the shower doors, outside windows and even on the oven doors which are see through and have always smeared before.
I would definitely recommend it.

Window Cleaner 500ml
Window Cleaner 500ml
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Special formula window cleaner, 4 Aug. 2012
This is extra value as it can be diluted, comes in a large size, and if used with a spray mist only small amounts will be used.
However I read in one review that it is supposed to be used only indoors but I have not been able to find that caution in the advertising literature.
It can cetainly be used with the Karcher window cleaning system mentioned before, or any other system including manual window washing. It leaves a streakless, smear-free glass.
Recommedded++++

10 Pack of Microfibre Exel Magic Cleaning Cloths. Chemical Free Cleaning. Anti Bacterial Microfibre Cloths for Amazing Smear Free Wiping. Cleaning Accessories.
Offered by Ideal 365 Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic cleaning cloths - just like it says, 4 Aug. 2012
These realy are like magic
They clean without leaving smears or residual dust
They seem to go on absorbing dirt into an invisible reservoir, leaving behind a clean shining surface.
Highly recommended++++

Kärcher 500ml, Universal Cleaner Concentrate - Pressure Washer Detergent Pouch
Kärcher 500ml, Universal Cleaner Concentrate - Pressure Washer Detergent Pouch
Offered by GM Suppliers

5.0 out of 5 stars The last word in cleaning in conjunction with the Karcher, 4 Aug. 2012
Excellent combination results in brilliant cleaning every time
Quick and easy - no fuss.
Exceptional results each and every time.
Recommended++++
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2012 8:44 PM BST

Hg Window Cleaner 500ml
Hg Window Cleaner 500ml
Offered by Stewart and Gibson Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excelllent little window cleaner, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Hg Window Cleaner 500ml
This window cleaner is absolutely ace in conjunction with the Karcher suction devivce for windows.
Absolutely brilliant!
Gets windows clean like never before with almost no effort.
Like magic.
Recommended++++

The Marshall Plan for Getting Your Novel Published: 90 Strategies and Techniques for Selling Your Fiction
by Eva Marshall

2.0 out of 5 stars More of the obvious from someone who should know better, 4 Aug. 2012
Based on the best selling Marshall Plan book, this book obviously hoped to capitalize on its success.
I suppose you can't blame them for trying, and maybe it's schmuck's like me who are one's to be criticized for expecting pearls of wisdom to be droppped from the pens of the cognoscenti.
After all, surely if I spent an hour with James Patterson I would be a much better thriller writer? Surely?
These guys know how to get books published, so if they drops pearls before us, then surely we can too?
But then...if that's the case, why aren't they getting their own novels published en masse, or getting their friends' and relations' novels published in large numbers? Why,instead, are they reduced to writing self help books about getting strangers' novels published? A much less lucrative sideline.
I only noticed this fact after I bought and read the book, unfortunately, or I could have saved myself a wad of money. Now maybe I can save you a wad of money instead.
This book will not tell you anything you do not already know, or that is not blindingly obvious already.
Granted it will be dresed up all fancy, but basically it will be normal stuff, nothing secret or special. Certainly nothing worth paying top dollar for.
Self help books have become such an industry I believe we now need guides to protect us from self help books.

Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Offered by eoutlet-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't look any further - buy a pair of these, you wonm't regret it., 4 Aug. 2012
Bought these when a cheap pair gave up the ghost. Decided to try them on personal recommendation both as better quality and for longevity. Baulked a little at the price, but they're worth every penny nicely in your ear - I had none of the trouble mentioned above. Excellent sound quality even on the airline sound system,and with a good stereo system it blows you away. They fit well, the wires are well measured, and they work excellently for Skype too. Controls are easy to use and they have that feel of good quality about them.
I would certainly not look for another set - I think I have found the perfect system, or as good as, and I have no faults to mention. They are definitely worth the price - although I was forced into buying mine at airport duty free rather than Amazon as my cheapos gave out sooner than I expected and I was faced with flying with nothing or forking out the extra. Next time I'll know not to be so cheap and to buy well before hand online.
Definitely recommended.

The Rough Guide to Jordan
The Rough Guide to Jordan
by Matthew Teller

4.0 out of 5 stars A Rough Guide to Jordan - does it no justice, 4 Aug. 2012
As usual the Rough Guide is the best of the bunch when it comes to taking only one with you.
I have had the opportunity to run through most of the rest, but this is the one I shall be glad to have in my ruck-sack when I trek round country itself.
It sets out the facts in its own inimitable manner, all you need to know before you go, in an authoritative manner, with details of where to check for changes.
It tells you what to expect, how to avoid offending anyone, what to expect of healthcare etc etc - all in a no nonsense manner. Don't expect much in the way of healthcare outside of Amman for example, or in other words, if you do get ill someplace else, get to Amman first!
The detailed exposition continues on to all other areas you could conceivably want to know about, such as crossing over from the West Bank etc and what visas you will need. The detail is all here. All it lacks are the myriad colour photos that embellish some other guide books - personally I find them a distraction and they increase the price. It is the down to earth facts and honest if detrimental opinions that make the guide.
As always of course they are personal views and one may disagree with the reviewer, but he seems to make his own viewpoints clear enough that one can use them as a marker for one's own.
As usual with the Rough Guide the info on the sites or towns is sufficiently thorough that one does not often need a second guide book, although some may be so enchanted with Petra that look for an additional tome. There are not many that are anything but a fluffed up version of a chapter from a guide book, while at the other extreme are scholarly works costing over £40. Tread with care.
Each chapter as usual offers details about local accommodation, transport and eateries, and where relevant special insights.
This book is really all you need to get around and find accommodation and food whether you are back-packing or self-driving. If you're on an organized tour with everything organized then you will still find it useful for reading about the sites you're visiting, although there will be a lot of unread pages in between. Never mind, it's still the best guide book!
There is supposed to be a new version coming out on 13th January 2013, so at least until then anyone travelling before will need this little gem. I highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11