Profile for Mrs. S. L. Sandison > Reviews

Content by Mrs. S. L. San...

Mrs. S. L. Sandison (uk)

Prestigio 7 inch Multipad Ultra LCD Tablet (White) - (ARM 1GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 512MB HDD, Android 4.1)
Offered by Tick UK
Price: 84.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor customer service, slow devise, 13 Jan 2014
We bought this for my daughter for Christmas from an Amazon seller soteluk at the end of November allowing time for the delivery in time for Christmas. We tried to set this up over Christmas with a few games and found that the devise was incredibly slow and not fast enough for playing the simplest of games. I contacted Amazon in the normal way to return the item as it is not up to the purpose it was built for! Their seller replied saying that they do not accept returns after 5 weeks. As this was obviously a Christmas present they would surely expect most of their purchases to be not returned until after Christmas Day when you discover its faulty!!! Totally disgusted with their service. Buy a Tesco devise or an iPad mini or a Kindle Do not buy this total rubbish.!!!

Music Themed Party Decoration, 6 strings of Records
Music Themed Party Decoration, 6 strings of Records
Offered by Dream Party
Price: 6.75

3.0 out of 5 stars all a tangle, 13 Mar 2012
Oh my goodness, if you get off on untangling necklaces then these are for you! They are fine for setting the scene but I would not want to put them into a door way as they are only thin cardbourd/paper with a clear string holding them all together. They have to be opened with care as they get so easily tangled and then are impossible to untangle without much frustration. They were fine for the purpose of decorating the house, they just got selotaped ot the walls to add to the disco theme but not very robust. fine for the price I guess.

Disco Dancers Scene Setter
Disco Dancers Scene Setter

4.0 out of 5 stars good fun, 13 Mar 2012
This review is from: Disco Dancers Scene Setter
Good value for the size. Very tall. They ae see through as such so obviously dont really work well on patterned wall paper etc. I used them on a fairly neutral background which was fne. Obviously if you want to stick them up using blue tack or something this shows through as they are transparent.

Good fun though for my daughters disco party. Set the scene nicely.

Moxie Girlz Magic Hair Doll (Kellan)
Moxie Girlz Magic Hair Doll (Kellan)

4.0 out of 5 stars high shelf required!!, 8 Jan 2012
Look, I'm going to be honest here, my daughter loves this doll and was thrilled with the hair dye thing when she opened it. We did the dolls hair and then her own (which looked awful!) The thing is since then the dye has lived on a very high shelf and I am kinda hoping she'll forget about it! It is messy, sticky and generally not worth the extra money for a one hit wonder. The doll can be purchased without the dye (well very similar ones) so unless your child is completely set on having the dye I would buy her more of the dolls without the dye which are a fraction of the price which I think she will appreciate more in the long run.

Anyway, each to their own, there is nothing actually wrong with the product just a lot of extra cash for not of lot of play.

Kenwood kMix  SKM031 Traditional Kettle, Red
Kenwood kMix SKM031 Traditional Kettle, Red
Offered by Electrics Warehouse
Price: 53.99

5.0 out of 5 stars New shoes??, 24 Oct 2011
Sad as it is, this kettle is a bit like when you get a new pair of shoes or a new hairstyle...you know what I mean, when you pass by a mirror you just HAVE to look! I keep just staring at the bloomin' kettle! It looks so good in my kitchen! On a practical note, it boils fast and is not noisy. It feels well made and the handle stays cool even on the metal part. It is really easy to pick up with the position of the handle and doesn't feel like it might slip in your hand like my old taller jug kettle. It takes enough water to fill up my cafetier or a tea pot. One and a quarter litres to be exact. It is not the kettle for you if you need to make lots of people tea but then again it boils so quick, you would simply refill it and start again. The only downfall is the window on the side is not that easy to see how much water is in it. But really its not that hard. Totally pleased so far, I keep it clean and be aware not to use abrasive cloths on it you might spoil that lovley red paint. PS the red is not a bright red more of a retro, raspberry red which is perfect.

Falcon Enamel 34cm Oblong White Bread Bin
Falcon Enamel 34cm Oblong White Bread Bin
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 36.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice product, 18 Oct 2011
This is a great bread bin. It looks really nice and fits in well with my kitchen. It is a nice bright white and sems to hold endless bread and bagels, rolls etc. I have to remember to check underneath to find everything! Not sure about how long it preserves bread as I have nothing to compare it to, but all the same it is fit for purpose...
easy to wipe clean etc.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Lovely, 18 Oct 2011
Really love this pot. Tall enough to hold all my utensils and looks really nice in my kitchen. Cleans easily too.

Jolly Phonics DVD
Jolly Phonics DVD
by Sue Lloyd
Edition: DVD
Price: 13.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Jolly Good, 10 April 2011
This review is from: Jolly Phonics DVD (DVD)
My 4 year old has started to read and her nursery school teacher recommended this DVD and also the books. My daughter loves it and has watched it over and over. The graphics are basic but that doesn't really matter to her, she is enjoying learning from this. It has helped with her reading too. I would reccommend it to any parent who's child is going to start school in September.

Wipe Clean - Numbers (Write & Learn)
Wipe Clean - Numbers (Write & Learn)
Price: 4.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 Feb 2009
My daughter who is 4 loves this. It just wipes clean and she loves to sit down and copy the numbers. Very good for learning your numbers.

Pirate Captain Hat For children - One size fit
Pirate Captain Hat For children - One size fit
Offered by simply party
Price: 2.13

4.0 out of 5 stars A happy little pirate!, 12 Feb 2009
Brilliant little pirate hat. Bought this for a friends little 4 year old for Christmas. He loves it. It comes flat and you just pop it out. Pretty good quality considering the price. Fast delivery too.