Profile for rebswitzerland > Reviews

Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
Jamie's Ministry of Food: Anyone Can Learn to Cook in 24 Hours
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 12 Mar. 2014
This book does what it says on the cover and would make a great present for kids moving out on their own.

Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
Raising Steam: (Discworld novel 40) (Discworld Novels)
by Terry Pratchett

3.0 out of 5 stars Sad that it is so obvious he didn't really write it, 12 Mar. 2014
I was disappointed that I could tell he had lots of help to write this book. I know that his health does not allow more but better to let it go than keep churning out books for the sake of it.

Fortunately, the Milk . . .
Fortunately, the Milk . . .
by Neil Gaiman

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Neil Gaiman but..., 12 Mar. 2014
I love Neil Gaiman but when I read this to my boys I didn't enjoy it that much. They liked the formulaic way it was written and that is what is important.

Rome: Total War - Gold Edition (Mac)
Rome: Total War - Gold Edition (Mac)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 12 Mar. 2014
My 12 year old son likes this game but was disappointed that he couldn't choose to switch to become the army attacking the Romans. The graphics are good and it teaches strategy.

Tom Gates (Five book set)
Tom Gates (Five book set)
by Liz Pichon

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favorite books, good for encouraging dyslexic readers, 12 Mar. 2014
The best things about these books are that they are laugh out loud funny and that on each page a few of the words are written in a bigger comic book way. This takes away the horror of a huge printed page and besides looking attractive also helps them to keep their eyes in the right line by using them as landmarks. My son brought them to school and now EVERYONE is reading them, girls too. I am really grateful to have found them.

LEGO® Play Book
LEGO® Play Book
by DK

4.0 out of 5 stars A good present for a 7-10 year old boy, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: LEGO® Play Book (Hardcover)
My boys liked this book and it re-kindled their interest in Lego. It would make a good present for any boy.

Funniest Stories (Uncollected)
Funniest Stories (Uncollected)
by Paul Jennings

1.0 out of 5 stars This is lame, 12 Mar. 2014
We bought this based on reviews and were disappointed. We have given it away because my son didn't like it at all.

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor - 50th Anniversary Special [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars It was good but..., 12 Mar. 2014
I really looked forward to this special and enjoyed watching it, especially Billie Piper as BadWolf but I thought that Matt Smith and David Tennant seemed a bit forced together.

Sherlock - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Sherlock - Series 1-3 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Benedict Cumberbatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Box set happiness, 12 Mar. 2014
I had never seen Sherlock but a friend told me it was wonderful so I bought the box set. I thought the first 2 episodes were good but they had so much background to cover that I wondered when it would really get going. I love to watch whole series in one mad go and I fell in love with it. The quality of the writing and the actors are far above what we are used to seeing on television. Don't miss it.

Six Nations Rugby Wales Grand Slam Victory 2012 Coffee-Tea Mug Welsh Fathers Day Gift

5.0 out of 5 stars Super rugby supporter's present!, 23 April 2012
We ordered the Six nations Rugby Wales Grand Slam Victory 2012 Coffee-Tea Mug a few days ago and it arrived todaySix Nations Rugby Wales Grand Slam Victory 2012 Coffee-Tea Mug Welsh Gift in a strange styrofoam package. From the UK to Switzerland in no time at all. The mug is great, my husband loves it! Don't hesitate, the colours and overall quality is excellent.

Page: 1 | 2