Profile for Mrs.R > Reviews

Content by Mrs.R

Mrs.R (Cardiff)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Douwe Egberts The Flavour Collective Smooth Caramel 50 g (Pack of 6)
Douwe Egberts The Flavour Collective Smooth Caramel 50 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing, 20 May 2015
I was sceptical at first as how will this coffee taste as its not expensive and im our home we love a good cup of coffee
When jar arrived i have fallen in love with Douwe Egberts coffee - its smooth & full of flavour with quality and taste comparable (if not better) than a leading barista coffee shop
If you havent tried this coffee already - treat yourself you wont be disappointed x

PROMiXX: The Original Vortex Mixer. World's most advanced protein shaker - BLACK
Offered by Whey Forward Health Industries Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 5 April 2013
When i started gym for the first time , i thought to myself "anything will do"- how wrong i was - having tried quite a few ordinary shakers that left me with lumpy shakes and protein drinks - ive lost hope. I thought to myself "this is it! it will never get any better" - how wrong i was
While at the gym one of my friends mentioned to me PROMIXX, and told me i should try it for myself
I looked it up on the web , and my first thought was - Not another one of those gimmicks ... but against all odds i decided to give it a go
When my blender arrived - it was well packed with simple yet stylish glossy white box -with black Promixx brand name on one side
My first impression of the Promixx
Sleek and modern looks , feels extremely well made , plastic is very thick- it doesn't feel cheap (unlike some i bought in the past)
Mixer provide you with a clear view of inside . with black glossy base and lid .
Base is non slip , and wneh empty it feels sturdy -it wont tip easily when knocked (please bare in mind here that im very clumsy -and small things like this matter to me )
There is only one button on the bottom of the mixer - to kick start the mixing process - button is rubberized - waterproof (another thing not to worry about when washing )
Mixer also comes apart - base , jug , and lid .
Batteries are hidden beneath the rubberized base -runs on 2-AAA batteries - and they last me quite a long time .
As most of you know Promixx is made from BPA free plastic , capacity of 650ml - is plenty enough for me to mixx my drinks , the motor in this mixer is quite powerful and so far managed to mix efficiently range of protein shakes and drinks with ease . I have used this product for few months , with no problems -always delivering what was promised -no more lumpy shakes ... until it got stolen , so i replaced it .
There are few cheaper mixers on the market - copies if PROMIXX - i haven't used but few of my friends did - and they are not as good.
I had few questions before i bought my first mixer and Promixx answer them all , in a friendly informative matter , and not many companies can be proud from their "support2 service
So if you thinking about buying what of those sexy mixers- dont think twice
(Sorry for my grammar and mistakes -Im Polish and English is not my main language)

Shiny Stainless Dog Food Scoop
Shiny Stainless Dog Food Scoop
Offered by Doggie Paw

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality but a bit smal, 4 July 2012
Sadly seller didn't give any dimensions - item is on a small side - like a cup - i would imagine that this scoop will be a bit bigger .
Item is well made and it serves it purpose , also it looks good .

Canon 50mm f/1.8 Ef Lens (Mk11)
Canon 50mm f/1.8 Ef Lens (Mk11)
Offered by BETTER CHOICES

5.0 out of 5 stars nifty fifty honest review, 23 April 2012
As a keen photography enthusiast i have decided to take a plunge and upgrade my old Sony a200 system (that i couldn't get on with) to a canon 7d - the first mistake i have made was buying expensive body and not having the funds to buy a decent lens. I love photographing people so i thouht a prime lens will be the best choice for me (this is a fixed focal lens ) 50mm lens can basically mimic the perspective seen by the human eye . i felt that this will be the best choice .Also prime lens made me more creative , as i hadn't had the opportunity to just zoom in if i wanted to.I had to move around and try viewing subject from different angles.

when the lens arrived i was surprised by the toy feel - its all made of plastic (besides optics) - it felt cheap like it will brake any minute ,there iwasnt any pouch with this lens .just an instruction manual .The lens is very light ( 130g ) and small (2.7" x 1.6"/68.2mm x 41.0mm - WxL ) - it is also a canon smallest lens on the market . before i have decided to review it i thought i will use it for a bit (i have used it for over a year ) .I was a bit doubtful if constant lens change could affect plastic lens mount in any way - but it didn't .On the lens itself there is only one switch AF/MF (Auto focus and manual focus ). Autofocus is driven by a micro motor - that is pretty fast. With a minimum focus distance of 1.5' lens can deliver some good images.

My first test shots look terrible , the lens flare that was on the images looked pretty bad and affected the overall quality . Lens flare is created when forming light enters the lens and subsequently hits the camera's digital sensor. I have decided then to buy lens hood and filter (to reduce glare) and try again. i would strongly recommend buying lens hood (ES-62 ) that includes the Hood adapter that threads onto the lens - the hood then attaches to the adapter by pinching two latches

With everything in place i decided to do a few test shots again on few different light situations and f settings (aperture size are often referred as a f settings .The aperture size determines the depth of field, or zone of sharp focus, that surrounds your subject the smaller the f i.e. f/1.8 - the shallower the depth of field is ). i love the way my images came out - sharp where i wanted them to be , and colours where fantastic .focus worked well on a 4 year old who run around the park like a tornado and because lens is very light i was able to take some decent shots handheld , without the discomfort, or a lense shake.
The strongest quality of this lens is sharpness - it produces fantastic pictures , i can honestly say that its sharpest at f/2.8 and beyond on f1.8 it performs also good but not as sharp if the camera is hand held .All depends what you want to shoot . i tend to shot people at f/5.6 (but this depends how much of the subject i want to stay sharp) and landscape at f/8 - as i find this my safe zone , and i know images will come out decent.

Autofocus is pretty fast when shooting moving objects ,it focuses quickly witch is handy when shooting kids (that just don't sit still ... ) or fast moving objects .
Lens its very good in limited light conditions ( in the house ) - but only if you shooting on wider aperture (smaller f number) .- most of portraits are shot in low light condition and all of them are shot using this lens

another good factor was the lens size and weight -it is very easy to carry around , despite being plastic it is also very robust ,and it can take some serious banging. Just imagine me trying to strap screaming 4 year old into a booster seat with camera still hanging on my neck - it usually bash straight into car paintwork (that did chip)

I have grown to love this lens in fact this is the lens and i use in 98% of my images as the lens is very portable and light , so its easier to take hand-held shots without minimal camera shake.
most of the new dlsr's on the market come with a standard kit lens either 18-55 or 17-85 . so if you are looking for a nice addition to your camera i can highly recommend buying this lens despite it plastic look , its a very nifty lens with fantastic price tag. , and as i mentioned earlier i would recommend purchasing lens hood and possibly a UV filter .

"please bare in mind that im Polish - and English is not my strongest point but i try my best to give as honest review based on my own experience , and i know my grammar is terrible . "
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2015 8:46 PM GMT

Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars nifty fifty honest review, 23 April 2012

Comment Comments (44) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 2, 2015 4:49 PM BST

Kenwood kMix KMX53 Stand Mixer, Candy Blue
Kenwood kMix KMX53 Stand Mixer, Candy Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 22 April 2012
This might sound a bit silly but since my husband purchased me this machine im wondering how i managed without one
as a hand mixer user i was justifying the price of this product - even though it was a gift from my husband.

Lets start with the packaging - its very modern sleek black (don't know if different colours of this mixers have different colour boxes ) with KMIX writing on it - product is nicely packed - with easy and clear instruction manual and leaflet with information about additional attachments -packed in a black folder. in the box you have a mixer ,splash guard stainless steel bowl (5L Non-stick Coated Aluminium ) ,A key -to adjust height of the attachments , spatula, splash guard and 3 attachments : K Beater, balloon whisk and dough hook .

At first glance the KMIX standalone mixer (or kitchen machine ) looks very sleek modern and sexy :) . As i have a small kitchen i do like to have nice looking appliances out on display (if there is no way to hide them) - i have received a lot of positive comments how good it looks ,.

It looks as good as it works, The aluminium body and 500 W motor with 6 Max Speed settings works like a dream , and its well made- i have used this machine on average 3 times a week for just over a year to prepare dough for bread and cake mixs etc etc. I have always struggled to make a perfect dough for the bread - but thanks to this machine i can see a real improvement with quality and taste of my home made bread , same with cakes .some of other people have complained that the cake mixture is being left at the bottom - i had no problems as i have adjusted my tools correctly.The splash guard is a very handy gadget that attaches easily ( this is the only acrylic part of the mixer accesories found in the box ) it has a small opening to put your ingredients in (very handy when it comes to icing sugar) . it washes well . i was a bit scared that my shiny bowl might scratch easily - but it still looks brand new - . retailer claims that the bowl ,tools and splashguard are dishwasher safe but i cannot comment on it as i don't own a dishwasher .

The kitchen machine itself its heavy (8. kg) - but that is a good thing as it wont " wander around " my kitchen worktops. as the mixer sits on my worktop rather than in a cupboard.I find myself using it more than i was using my hand mixer ( as sometimes i couldn't be bothered to take it out).

There are a range of additional attachments you can purchase for your kmix , Such as ; pasta maker ,, multi food grinder , flat pasta roller ,tagliatelle pasta cutter , trenette pasta cutter , taglioni pasta cutter and spaghetti pasta cutter . - i haven't purchased any of them yet.
what i have noticed is that the kmix attachments are a bit more expensive than the kenwood chef attachments and there isn't as many as the chef on the market at the moment.

So if you'r looking for a kitchen machine that not only looks good but also is a "work horse" - buy it !! , and you wont be disappointed
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2014 10:54 PM BST

Philips HR2084/90 Black Blender with Fruit Filter and 2 Litre Jug, 650 Watt
Philips HR2084/90 Black Blender with Fruit Filter and 2 Litre Jug, 650 Watt

5.0 out of 5 stars can cope with anything, 22 April 2012
As a smoothie and soup lover i have always struggled to find the perfect blender (within my budget ) my friend recommended me this one as you can put hot liquids in it so i thought i would try it for myself . I was lucky enough to find one on offer and reserve one at my local Argos store.

when my blender arrived i was surprised by the good quality and finish of this item - With a decent 2 litre sized glass jug , and plastic high gloss black body ( but i think its good quality ) with silver variable speed controls (12 from min to max ),also there is smoothie , pulse and ice crushing option as an added bonus it comes with a fruit filter for clear juice without seeds and pips ( that i haven't used as yet) .also it has an integrated cord storage section at the bottom of the base itself and "suckers" - so it wont move from your worktop. The blades appear to be good quality there are 4 of them.
The blender comes with an instruction manual that is clear and easy to follow .

To put it to the test i put loads of ice in it to crush it into tiny pieces for my milkshake - The blender crushed the ice in a matter of seconds ,next it was time for the milkshake - and this came out beautifully , same with soups - it blends hot liquids nice without problems .
It is very easy to attach and remove the glass jug from its base.

I find the controls very easy to use,The smoothie option is an added bonus and the blender can cope with frozen fruit ,as well as fresh, and what's more important the jug washes easily . The base of the jug unscrews so you can wash the blades and rubber seal separately, although it cleans pretty well without taking it apart anyway. The high gloss body is finger mark resistant.
Noise wise - i would say it isn't disturbing ,and is comparable to other brands on the market (all depends what you are crushing ) .
I use this product on a daily basis and i don't have any problems with it . i like the fact that it comes with a 2 year warranty
All in all, a quality product for a good price.

Kenwood kMix KMX54 Stand Mixer - Peppercorn Black
Kenwood kMix KMX54 Stand Mixer - Peppercorn Black
Offered by Kenco Spares

5.0 out of 5 stars workhorse, 22 April 2012

D&G Ladies Cottage Quartz Watch DW0351 With Silver Analogue Dial, Stainless Steel Case And Black Leather Strap
Offered by WATCH ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 1 Aug. 2011
great watch , with vintage look due to the color of clasp , and studs , and leather its just gorgeous lovely ,,crocodile'' print finish - and it goes really well with the studs - picture doesn't give this watch aa justice .I think its suitable for every day and special occasions -im wearing this watch everyday for a few months now and it still looks like new , ive had a lot positive feedback from my friends , and for the price ive paid for it - its a bargain

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 10 Jun. 2011
the quality of service ive received was outstanding - far better than in any other high street shops . im using this table for a year now with a toddler who constantly using it as a ,,mat'' for her bricks - no scratches , finish is still perfect , quality of the item is outstanding , color is divine ,and i have received so many comments about the table - looks so much more expensive that ive paid for

Page: 1 | 2 | 3