Profile for edwood > Reviews

Content by edwood

edwood "edwood" (uk)

Smarter Pricing: How to capture more value in your market ("Financial Times" S.)
by Tony. Cram
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars As a Pricing Analyst, 18 Mar 2011
... a few years ago now I got asked to do Pricing for a bank ...as there was no one else to ask ...I bought this book !!!

It inspired me and helped me scratch the surface to see the depth in pricing and get the best out of me.

Five years later I've got 4 top lads working for me and a very supportive "Head of Savings" ... and I've managed to get this book for them on expenses.

I'd urge anyone involved to read this to see what's possible elsewhere in other industries and start to think outside of their comfort zone, draw parallels and not be afraid to speak up when all those around them are talking from a different position driven by self interest and a lack of analytical mindset.

Keep the faith !!!

Orpheus Rising
Orpheus Rising
by Bateman

5.0 out of 5 stars Serious Quality, 20 July 2008
This review is from: Orpheus Rising (Hardcover)
Read this inside 2 days on holiday ... I've read all the other Bateman books and this one made me cry with sadness - rather than laughter.

Still fast moving, unpredictable and original as all his other novels are ... but its a more mature read.

Could easily see it made into a film

When is the next book out, Colin?

Wild About Harry
Wild About Harry
by Colin Bateman
Price: 8.18

2.0 out of 5 stars worst so far, 1 Mar 2002
This review is from: Wild About Harry (Paperback)
I've read all of the Bateman's books to date - and this was by far the least worthy - with nowhere near any twists and turns approaching classics such assd Divorcing Jack, Empire State or Shooting Sean.
Apparently the book is written somewhat bizarrely after a film had already come out. I can just imagine a rather annoying Robin Williams in the leads role character acting "Harry".
The book meanders on to a rather inevitable conclusion, without any hint of an unforgiving twist (will i ever forgive him for the crushing end in Cycle of Violence).
This is one to miss