Profile for F. Sims > Reviews

Yukon - Rainbow - Sport Kite - HQ
Offered by Buy-For-Less-Online
Price: 42.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 26 May 2014
I bought this in a kite shop in York. I'm a beginner but it is very easy to get going and as others have said, very forgiving of the occasional crash. It seems to handle variable wind very well on the beaches of Norfolk and Northumberland but does need a reasonable amount of wind to fly. It is very responsive. My only gripe is that the case doesn't have a shoulder strap for those long walks to the beach with Only one loop at the top of the case.

Lexar Professional 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 400x 60MB/s High Speed SDXC Memory Card
Lexar Professional 64GB Class 10 UHS-1 400x 60MB/s High Speed SDXC Memory Card
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 26 April 2014
Good value, excellent product. Have been using this brand for several years in my D200 and this works in my D800. Haven't found any limitations in write speeds but only used it for still so far.

Remington MB4040 Lithium Powered Beard Trimmer
Remington MB4040 Lithium Powered Beard Trimmer
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Initial impressions are encouraging., 26 April 2014
This is my first trimmer. Despite negative reviews I decided on this as opposed to the Panasonic, principally because I don't have to oil the blade and the blade is marginally wider. However, there are lots of warnings about only using it with a dry beard! I plan on using it weekly to keep my beard neat, setting 6 which is about 9mm. I got it from boots as it was the same price and easier to deal with if it fails during the 3 year warranty (and I could physically compare several models). Time will tell how reliable it is but initial impressions are favourable, easy and comfortable to use and took about 5 minutes to get a pleasant trim. Only negative is I have the unit, two extra trimming blades, a brush and charger and it's a shame there wasn't a case to keep things together.

DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Alaska
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide: Alaska
by Deanna Swaney
Price: 10.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 31 Mar 2014
guides are personal preference and for detail, I always get the Lonely Planet first but as a picture guide, this is OK but I decided to get the insite guide as a kindle version after borrowing the paper copy from the ibrary. The insite guide is a better format and think the information is presented in a slightly better format.

SharePoint Designer 2010 Unleashed
SharePoint Designer 2010 Unleashed
Price: 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 31 Mar 2014
I bought the kindle version and the lnks seem to work and the text and illustrations are very informative. An awful lot of info to get through but bvery well written.

Insight Guides: Alaska
Insight Guides: Alaska
Price: 11.30

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 1 Feb 2014
This relates to the kindle version. I borrowed this book from the library and it is a very good photo guide. Having downloaded it, the links in the index work as well as urls and you can zoom in on the maps and change orientation so I think this works better than the paper copy. As a photo guide, it appears more detailed than the DK Eyewitness travel guide. I wouldn't take the photo guide with me due to weight restrictions so having it on my iPad is excellent. The content in this book is very helpful and complements my lonely planet book very well. Would certainly recommend this, especially the kindle version.

Bosch AHS52 LI Cordless Hedgetrimmer
Bosch AHS52 LI Cordless Hedgetrimmer
Offered by Platinum Home and Garden
Price: 109.95

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to use!, 30 Nov 2013
This is the first hedge trimmer I have owned, up till now have used shears. Don't have a typical hedge, more climbing things on a trellis such as honeysuckle but as it's about 3 metres high, I need a ladder. Decided to risk getting a cordless one as it was lighter and lithium is an improvement on NiCad though was tempted by a longer corded one. I eventually decided against it as this was considerably lighter. Charged it up for an hour and though not fully charged decided to tackle the 'hedge'. It has proved effortless and because it is so light, made very easy work of getting things tidied up. It was pleasantly quiet and cut through most things though thick bramble stems needed a couple of goes. After an hour of cutting, clearing up and moving the ladder etc, there was still power and I had enough trimmings to fill one and a half council wheelie bins. Putting it back on to charge, was fully charged after an hour and a quarter. Very pleased and no regrets. The only negative is that the safety switch affair doesn't seem so well designed as on the other ones in the range. A bit over engineered but poorly made.
I got it from B&Q where I could hold different ones to try balance and compare them, it was only 1 extra.

Bodum Stainless Steel Travel Vacuum Mug - Red
Bodum Stainless Steel Travel Vacuum Mug - Red
Price: 16.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Nov 2013
Bought this to use at a music festival and managed to burn my mouth on it the first time I used it as it keeps things so hot! Heat the container first and then pour in hot coffee and it will keep drinks hot for about an hour. The non spill is also really good and I carry it in my camera bag along with a digital slr and iPad!!! The inner part of the lid fell on the floor and one of the lugs snapped off but it still works well!

CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA and IDE HDD Enclosure
CiT 3.5 inch USB 2.0 SATA and IDE HDD Enclosure
Offered by Gasteiner Technologies Ltd
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Really brilliant, 4 Nov 2013
Bought this following reviews. Construction is good and it came with all the connectors I needed. Worked flawlessly and have been using it for a couple of weeks now. Really good casing.

A Brief History of Christian Music: From Biblical Times to the Present
A Brief History of Christian Music: From Biblical Times to the Present
by Andrew Wilson-Dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good introduction., 14 Jun 2013
The title states its a brief history, and it is a great introduction. A good overview and its got a very good glossary for further reading. The text is clear and enjoyable to read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5