Profile for Jim Tigger > Reviews

Content by Jim Tigger

Jim Tigger "tigger" (Portland, Oregon USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Eye Of The Needle [DVD]
Eye Of The Needle [DVD]
Dvd ~ Donald Sutherland
Price: 6.75

5.0 out of 5 stars As Good as the Book, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Eye Of The Needle [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great thriller. The movie was a good adaption of the book which i read many years ago and loved.

Dave [DVD] [1993]
Dave [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Kevin Kline
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Entertaining, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dave [DVD] [1993] (DVD)
I enjoyed this movie and have watched it multiple times. I can think of several presidential chiefs of staff who were probably used a model for the main villain. It really was great.

Travellers [DVD]
Travellers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shane Sweeney
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 14.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Odd, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Travellers [DVD] (DVD)
I am still not sure what this movie is about. Lots of blood and gore. I doubt that I will view it twice.

Guarding Tess [DVD]
Guarding Tess [DVD]
Dvd ~ Shirley MacLaine
Offered by Macheath Productions
Price: 14.27

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Movie, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Guarding Tess [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this movie. The plot is improbable but very entertaining, The acting was very well done. It was worthwhile watching.

Three Films by Roger Lambert
Three Films by Roger Lambert
Dvd ~ Stephen Bratt

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: Three Films by Roger Lambert (DVD)
After viewing these I wish that Roger Lambert was still in the moving making business.instead of being a deer biologist. I loved all three of the shorts on this DVD.

The Tortured [DVD]
The Tortured [DVD]
Dvd ~ Erika Christensen
Price: 4.66

2.0 out of 5 stars An Oddity, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Tortured [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't this. Short on plot long on violence. I mostly fast forwarded though it.

Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD]
Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD]
Price: 7.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Protecting Churchill, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Churchill's Bodyguard [DVD] (DVD)
The series was very interesting. I learned a lot. There were a number of repeated film clips but it was overall a very good series and interesting.

Disorganised Crime [DVD]
Disorganised Crime [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hoyt Axton
Price: 3.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Disorganised Crime [DVD] (DVD)
It was an enjoyable watch. The plot is a little weak but the acting is fun and there was never a dull moment.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 26, 2013 8:43 PM GMT

Breathing [DVD]
Breathing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Thomas Schubert
Price: 7.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking and Amazing, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Breathing [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of those great movies that sticks with you. It is well made and on initial viewing has believable characters, good acting and a plot that works. What makes this movie so great is that it works on several levels. When I initially viewed it, I though of it as a good film. After a couple of hours, I started to realize that that the film activates a higher level of consciousness and that there are several themes that activated my subconscious. I viewed the film a couple of days ago and still can't get it out my mind. I am going to re-watch it again. Everything about the film moves it from good to full fantastic. The acting is outstanding. If you don't view this film you will be missing one of the great contemporary cinematic treats.

Jim

Spud [DVD]
Spud [DVD]
Dvd ~ John Cleese
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing, 9 Feb 2013
This review is from: Spud [DVD] (DVD)
Spud is an awesome movie. It truly captures the spirit of the four Spud books which by the way are great reads. The acting is superb from the who cast but especially for the characters "Gov"-John Cleese, "Spud"-Troye Sivan and "Gecko"-Jamie Royal.

I got laughing so hard that I had to pause the DVD for a minute or two to recover and catch my breath. Certainly an outstanding movie. Probably one of the top four or five I have seen in my life.

Jim D.