Profile for Nigelben > Reviews

The Lighthouse
The Lighthouse
by P D James

1.0 out of 5 stars Tired and contrived, 14 Jun 2009
This review is from: The Lighthouse (Paperback)
I love PD James and I suppose everyone is entitled to an off day. I guess that she collects ideas as they occur and uses some. I gues that sometimes her publisher pushes her for a new book and sometimes no ideas are there. So, out comes the ideas book and sadly a lot of poor ideas are thrown together. That's what I suspect happened. In a totally contrived location, as likely as a moon station off the Isle of Wight the three detectives sleuth about and eventually solve the crime not through clues that we've all been part of their discovery but by a fever induced vision. Ms James - we expect better of you and luckily knopw that you will in future deliver.

Casio Exilim EX-Z110  Digital Camera
Casio Exilim EX-Z110 Digital Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Little treasure, 29 Jun 2006
Got the 120 not 110 - much the same but 7.2 resolution. I fantastic bit of kit. Outstanding quality on medium settings - even the video is great. Am trying to use some of teh features to make the pics even better but on Snapshot and just point and shoot they don't seem to be lacking. Must confess I bought this from Currys for 120 but it's worth lots more.