Profile for Girl Geek > Reviews

Content by Girl Geek

Girl Geek (Stoke-on-Trent, UK)

Accessory Village Super Suction Mount Made To Measure Dedicated Windscreen 360 Degrees Rotatable In Car Holder Kit for Samsung i9300 Galaxy S3 III
Offered by Accessory Village Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 27 Dec 2012
This works well in my car. Phone fits well and suction to windscreen is excellent. I would reccommend it to others.

Brand New High Quality Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII i9300 Black Polka Dots Design PU Leather Wallet Case Cover with 3 Slot Card Holder + Free Screen Protector - Part Of Fab Mobile Phone Accessories Range
Offered by FAB2983

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to remove the phone from the cover!, 27 Dec 2012
This cover fits the phone so snugly that it is incredibly hard to get it back out without having to prise it out with a knife. If you want a cover that you wont take your phone out of then this is for you. On the other hand if you want to be able to remove it so you can get it in and out of a handsfree I wouldnt reccommend it. This has been resigned to the back of a draw :-(

Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Clear S-Line Gel Silicone Case + Screen Protector & Sock
Samsung Galaxy S3 SIII Clear S-Line Gel Silicone Case + Screen Protector & Sock
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars FIts well, 27 Dec 2012
The case fits very well, as does the phone into the sock. I havent tried the screen protector film as yet, as I'm waiting for my new handset (without a cracked screen!) before I fit that :-). Should have brought this a lot earlier!

The Captain's Daughter
The Captain's Daughter
by Leah Fleming

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable book, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Captain's Daughter (Paperback)
I brought this book as I am interested in titanic and thought this fiction book would be an interesting change.
I really enjoyed it but I found that the book didnt move on quickly enough in some parts, and too quickly (not enough detail) in others. For example the end of the book came quite suddenly.
I stopped reading it about halfway through and only picked it up again as it was christmas :-)
I would reccommend this book to others. The concept was very good. Howver, I wouldnt read it again.

Morphy Richards Cafe Mattino 47070 Programmable Filter Coffee Maker - Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coffee AND tea maker :-), 4 Jan 2012
*TEA DRINKERS NOTE* I am mainly a tea drinker who like the odd cup of coffee. Having the abilty to make good coffee so easily means I'm drinking more :-) Very tasty, very quick to make (quicker and easier than making a cup of instant coffee)... HOWEVER..... TEA LOVERS ATTENTION..... My first brew through the machine was with tea leaves... and YES it tastes great, so any tea drinkers out there it certainly does work.
I have been setting the programmable timer to have a pot of steaming hot tea ready for me first thing in the morning we we get up. Brilliant! So it works very well for both I'm happy to say. Obviously tea purists might not be so convinved, but I am happy with the brew it produces.
One thing to note is that the part that the removable filter plops down into is ALSO removable and you will need to take this out and give it a quick rinse every so often (depending on your tea/coffee brewing habits) as coffee dust will find its way through. So if you find you are brewing both but are getting a coffee taste in your tea, try that.

Just to address a few of the issues that have been raised by other buyers...

No plasticy taste as I gave it a good run thru a couple of times with white vinegar and water, and then a couple of flushes thru with just plain water.
No annoying stickers on my model, so no issues there either.
Cant comment on its durability as I have only had the coffee maker since a week or so before christmas, although I will say it has been on almost constantly at weekends and over christmas while the family have been at home :-)
Quick to brew a pot, very speedy, no retro plop plop plunk and taking ages to produce a drop of coffee.
Produces a plenty hot enough drink for me. I dont think its too cool at all as some have said.
The pot stays hot for the two hours (before the machine atutomatically switches off) and actually stays at the same temp as when it was made IMO. Very convenient for drinking during the day.
Looks great.
Dont find any issues with filling, you just need to be careful.
It does 'steam' from the top vent when brewing (obviously) so I take care to just pull it out from under my kitchen cupboards whilst its brewing for the few moments it takes and then push it straight back into its pride of place :-)
Dont find any issues with condensation really either although I guess it does drip a little down the back but not enough to concern/have to mop up.

Hope that helps....

Make Your Own Sock Monkey
Make Your Own Sock Monkey
Offered by Toypost

4.0 out of 5 stars Present for my 10 year old son, 30 Dec 2011
This review is from: Make Your Own Sock Monkey (Toy)
This was a christmas present for my ten year old son. He quite enjoyed making it on christmas day and has picked it up since to continue with it. I would say that the instructions are not terribly clear, still not sure how to stitch the mouth on! But it is a nice gift, making a change from the books and computer games he usually has. It is certainly teaching him the gift of patience :-)