ARRAY(0xbdf4e5f4)

Profile for MRS V A COOK and MR BERNARD COOK > Reviews

Content by MRS V A COOK a...

MRS V A COOK and MR BERNARD COOK

Page: 1 | 2
Brothers In Arms
Brothers In Arms

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly classic album!, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Brothers In Arms (MP3 Download)
There are no better words to describe it than these - it's a masterpiece of music and lyrics brilliantly mixed

Dancer And The Moon
Dancer And The Moon

5.0 out of 5 stars Every track is superb, but DVD won't play except on PC, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dancer And The Moon (Audio CD)
Blackmore's Night once again have produced a wonderful album of enchanting music - every track is sheer joy to listen to. The only drawback is the included DVD will not play on either my DVD Plaver (Region Free) or Television/DVD combi. It only plays on my PC and via my x-box (although it sometimes 'sticks' on this too). I may try to copy the DVD via the PC to a USB stick and see if it will play via that (my main TV has a USB input)... we shall see if it works.

AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 25 Feet / 7.62 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Newest Standard)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 13 Dec 2013
Excellent to have a lead long enough to reach from sofa to tv to view tablet screen on 50" monitor..... only minor drawback is the lead is rather heavy and can pull the HDMI plug out from the socket on the TV if not supported.

Fortunately, the Milk . . .
Fortunately, the Milk . . .
by Neil Gaiman

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book to encourage younger readers to develop their skills, 17 Oct 2013
As a Neil Gaiman fan - of his adult fantasy / comic fantasy work - I bought this for my eight year old grandson to encourage him to expand his range of reading material. He is enjoying it immensely and hopefully I will then get him to read Coraline and maybe even Good Omens as he gets older. (I am trying to keep him to the more comedic genres at present).

The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over [DVD] [2005]
The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Glenn Frey

4.0 out of 5 stars Great music - but beware it's Dolby 5.1 setup - on some older DVD players you will not get any sound., 4 Sep 2013
Providing you can adjust your DVD player to suit Dolby 5.1 audio then it's great.
I didn't get any sound at first and had to change the default settings on my DVD player so that I could hear it.
That done, its a brilliant concert... the semi accoustic version of Hotel California is simply awesome - and Desperado was so well performed it brought tears to my eyes !

FoxHunter KMS Pet Dog Bike Trailer Red Black 30Kg Loading Weight
FoxHunter KMS Pet Dog Bike Trailer Red Black 30Kg Loading Weight
Offered by KMS Distributions LTD

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this product., 4 Sep 2013
Very poor quality, parts missing, unsuitable for even a small dog. The base had screws (and I suspect metal supports) missing which meant that is sagged front and rear when the dog was inside (It's only a small Shih-Tzu dog weighing 9kg). Rather than waste time returning it I braced it myself as we were going for a trip and needed to use it. Then I had to enlarge the diameter of the hole for the axle coupling it to the bike as the hole was to small for the bike's axle.
On the first trip the wheels rubbed against the plastic sides and tore the material and the mesh would not be strong enough for an excited dog (ours ripped a small hole in it in minutes).
I wish I'd sent it back straight away.

I do not recommend this product at all !.

The Time Travel Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Science Fiction Stories
The Time Travel Megapack: 26 Modern and Classic Science Fiction Stories

3.0 out of 5 stars Good collection, 4 Sep 2013
A nicely balanced selection of stories by accomplished authors. I suspect that even Dr Stephen Hawking himself would enjoy these.

Kamor® 9.7" PU Leather Stand Case + Micro USB Keyboard with Touch Screen Stylus Pen for 9.7 inch Android Tablet PC + Micro Female to Mini Male adapter (Black)
Offered by YoSpace.U

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money., 4 Sep 2013
The case is strong and the keyboard is nicely tactile. It's a shame it blocks the rear facing camera, but then I suppose every tablet probably has the camera lens in a different position so it would probably be impractical.

Sprout Mask Replica (Completely Barking Mad Trilogy)
Sprout Mask Replica (Completely Barking Mad Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hits the spot every time !, 13 Jan 2013
Captain Beefheart & Frank Zappa (wherever they are in the Cosmos now) would be enthralled by this book. I found it kept me laughing and also inspired me with it's insights into the obscure way which human species behave and which is parodied so well in this novel.

pm0503 First2savvv purple Touch screen stylus pen for samsung galaxy tab 10.1 & galaxy note 10.1& iPhone 5& apple ipad mini &ipad 4 with retina display
Offered by first2savvv

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine on my Galaxy S3 but not well on my wife's Galaxy Tab 2., 13 Jan 2013
Nice quality, (love the colour too!) but a bit hit and miss on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. I had another stylus which works well on all our devices, but my wife has nicked that now to use on her Tab, so I'm stuck with this as it works on my phone (but does't fit into the case)!

Page: 1 | 2