Profile for O. B. Corbisiero > Reviews

Content by O. B. Corbisiero

O. B. Corbisiero "Gaming Expert" (Swansea, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Clearzine (2 Bottles) - The Top Rated Acne Treatment Pill. Eliminates Acne, Blackheads, Redness, Blotchiness and Zits - 60 capsules each
Offered by Best Health Shop

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to work, 8 Jun. 2014
I've been taking this in combination with clearasil and a few other things. I have quite oily skin being Italian but this helps keep my acne at bay!

Microsoft Lifecam Cinema HD
Microsoft Lifecam Cinema HD

4.0 out of 5 stars Blurry picture on uber PC's! (UPDATED!), 11 Sept. 2011
This camera works pretty much flawlessly on my 4 year old laptop, however I don't use my laptop. I have a PC which I built myself. AMD phenom II 965 @ 3.9ghz, 8GB corsair ram at 1600mhz, ATI 6950 2gb graphics card and running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

I have tried absolutely everything to make this cam work as it did on my laptop but I cannot figure it out. I have tried disabling memory remapping in the BIOS as some suggested but ultimately it won't work. I have even gone as far as installing it after my bi-monthly format and re installation and its still the same! I will not go as far as removing one of my 4GB sticks of RAM.

This is simply a driver issue, one which Microsoft have not rectified. On top of that, the software provided is terribly user friendly, so user friendly in fact that it serves no purpose to those who are computer literate. My PC is primarily for gaming but I also use Skype and people can't see me.

I will probably be returning this to Amazon as its not fit for purpose.

*****************EDIT********************

Ok, so from the time I installed this camera, it seems Microsoft have actually released another driver/firmware update! Let me tell you, if you experienced blurry images like I had, this will actually rectify that fault. The GUI is still too user friendly so it doesn't quite get the full 5 stars. I also understand why people don't get the full 720p video...people don't actually have the necessary bandwidth available; whereas I have 50mb d/l and 5mb u/l.

XFX ATI Radeon HD6950 Graphics Card PCI-e 2 GB GDDR5 Memory 2x DVI HDMI 2x Display Port

5.0 out of 5 stars Try and stop it, I dare you!, 17 Aug. 2011
OK, so where do I start?! This card is quite simply amazing. I bought this from a different place for £180 and I can't help but feel absolutely chuffed with it.

I have thrown the most hardware reliant games at it like Crysis 2 on extreme settings and it plays like a dream. I game at 1920x1080 60hz and the framerate does not drop below 40. I have not even overclocked it either which is the scariest thing as it could easily do more.

I was a bit unhappy that XFX don't provide enough cables or even a 8 to 6 pin adapter but its lucky I had two spare 6 pin power cables from my PSU. You have to make sure you have enough juice to power this bad boy.

Temperature wise, I was playing FEAR 3 for about 3-4 hours and it didn't rise above 60; this can be partially due to the fact that I have a very spacious case with plenty of airflow. But nevermind!

It has given me a 7.9 windows experience on both the gaming graphics and aero graphics; unsurprising really!

Space wise, this card is a monster, so you need to ensure you have enough space within your case. I have a decent sized case and it just misses the HDD by about 3cm!

XFX themselves also provide a lifetime warranty just as long as you don't break it due to misuse! This warranty is also transferable to another person should you choose to upgrade. However, the only upgrade I plan on doing is via crossfire should I wish to make use out of eyefinity. I have a 50 inch 1080p plasma in any event so I don't think I will be doing that.

System specs:

Processor - AMD Phenom II 965 @ 3.4ghz overclocked @ 3.9 stable;
RAM - 8GB Corsair 1600mhz
MOBO - ASUS M4A89GTD Pro
HDD - 1TB Western Digital Caviar @ 5400rpm (soon to upgrade to a SSD SATA III!)
PSU - 650w Coolermaster 80+
Case - NZXT Lexa S
CPU Cooler - Arctic Cooler Freezer Pro rev 7

and...

GPU - This one :D
Comment Comments (8) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 14, 2011 5:19 PM GMT

Crysis 2 - Limited Edition (PS3)
Crysis 2 - Limited Edition (PS3)
Offered by * The Game Monkey *

2.0 out of 5 stars Perplexed by innovation, 30 Mar. 2011
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
Straight on from my title, I can't help but feel perplexed by what kind of innovation this game actually exhibits. If I were to cross one extreme to the other, the result would be somewhat indifferent. In this example, one extreme would be Halo, the other, BFBC2. The result, Crysis 2.

For the every day shooter, this game does everything its supposed to, except its not very good at it. It seems this game tries to do everything brilliantly, but fails on most elements tragically. The single campaign is shoot run, shoot run and has no other methods than the tried and tested FPS formula. OR, you can simply pull the R2 button and hey presto, you just run past the enemies at certain sections.

Now I am very open minded when it comes to my games, however this simply does not cut it. What's worse than having campers in games? Well, crysis proves that there is something worse...invisible campers!! Yes that's right, almost every single game I have played, I have experienced people hiding in bushes, in a corner of a random house INVISIBLE. What on earth were the developers thinking when they put this aspect into the multi-player.

I can safely say, that this game will ONLY work effectively on a PC. The PS3 CANNOT handle the amount of CPU power which is necessary to play this game at optimum level. I fell into the hype, however precautions were taken; a lovely free rental from blockbuster! I would have been distraught if I had bought this game. It has no charisma, it has no style; its the same boring gameplay from start to finish. Now I understand there are die hard Crysis fans out there who will obviously be a bit hard done by, but seriously, a FPS should be something similar to that of Battlefield.

Now lets be honest, the graphics are something else, but that DOES NOT make a game good or bad. I don't play a game on my nights off to look at the pretty graphics, I play it because the game just works and of course I enjoy it. To be fair, I had more fun playing Black Ops than this rubbish. Maybe I'm getting too old for games and I'm set in my ways, but this game is not the be all and end all. Homefront offers alot more potential, multi-player wise, since it offers so much more. Granted Homefront isn't the prettiest and I may have only played it for a couple of hours over a friends house, but it sure is alot more fun than this.

Overall I wouldn't say that this game offers anymore than Halo (Yes I own a 360 too!!) yet Halo is a lot more fun for chilling out with friends. Given the chance to own this or COD, I'm afraid to say COD but Battlefield is on a completely different level. For now, I will stick Black Ops and BFBC2 for my FPS needs!!!
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2011 5:35 PM BST

FIFA 11 (PS3)
FIFA 11 (PS3)
Offered by scaddingk

3.0 out of 5 stars An average game from a declining games developer., 26 Nov. 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 11 (PS3) (Video Game)
I have always enjoyed playing Fifa. I have owned every single one since Fifa 96 for the Sega Megadrive and I have owned football games since World Cup Italia '90 from the same system. I am never the type of person who complains about goods and services often and I can normally turn a blind eye on minor defects. However, this years edition of Fifa 11 has pretty much stepped over the line.

What we have here is a game which is the next installment from Fifa 10, a major accomplishment within the gaming industry and a benchmark that all other football games are based on (PES). What ever improvements have been made with Fifa 11, there is at least two bad things about the game which tilt the balance of the game. EA are not the type to release more than one patch for their beloved Fifa and I fret that this year will be no different.

I am a strictly online gamer and I don't normally buy a game which has no online features for me to bask in competitive glory. So I will not be reviewing the single player, because lets be honest, I don't play it. However, the online features the most fundamental aspect of a video game; to me its not about the graphics, its not the licenses, its not even the pretty animations...for me its the core gameplay! A game can look as good as it wants, but if I find it unplayable, I surely will not enjoy it...simple as that really. I feel I have racked up enough games (140) to be able to create an honest review which is purely objective and unbiased. I hope I do not give the impression that I am any thing else than that, but if I do, it is because I am honestly disappointed in the overall quality of the game.

So onto the gameplay, what do I think about it? In honesty, I find it ridiculous. OK, so EA may have fixed the abuse of the "cheap chip goal" but what else is begging to be fixed? I am a player who refuses to produce formations which involve 2 sweepers 5 defenders NO midfielders and 3 strikers, I am also the type of player who refuses to use high pressure custom tactics in order to gain any kind of unfair advantage over the oppostition. I am a player who strictly relies on my own personal skill in order to win and I can fully appreciate when a player is better than me and I am gracious in defeat.

BUT...

What about when you get the ball down, you try to play decent football but you are constantly being harassed by opponent players who seem to have an unlimited amount of stamina, sprinting from player to player the whole 90 minutes; I don't like it, but I can live with it and adapt. Many other players feel that they ruin the game, but the way I see it, the more players pressuring my one player, that many of my players are open in space. This is just one aspect of the game, not the core gameplay itself as it relies on the oppositions tactics, but it is one of the many annoyances in this game.

Another irritation involves the choice of the opponent and an emphatically overstatement within the core gameplay, the lobbed through ball. I have played so many games which involves, from the KO to the very last kick, the opponent player pressing L1 and TRIANGLE (LB and Y). These certain individuals are called, lobbed ball abusers. I have no complaint that this is indeed part of the game, but my quarrel is simply with the consistency and precision of these balls. To create a scoring opportunity once or twice by using the lobbed through ball is fine for me and many other users, but to create a goal scoring opportunity with every single opportunity is somewhat ridiculous and unrealistic. There is only a few ways to defend against lobbed through balls and that is to either a) back out of the game; or b) set mentality to defensive and quick tactics to counter attack. But sometimes this isn't enough. Occasionally, the defender will try to sweep the ball from danger by going to ground when the most obvious, effective defensive move would be to header the ball away. Occasionally, the defender will "attempt" to chest the ball under control but 9 times out of 10, he will chest it a clear 10 feet away from him and the striker will be able to run along past the defender, pick up the ball for a very simple 1v1.

This point is directly relevant to the next aggravating failure...the unforgivable AI!

I don't expect the AI to do everything for me, nether do I expect the AI to be perfect, but what I do expect is for the defensive and offensive AI to act like a reasonably competent ally instead of a reason to hate this game. Like I said earlier, for all the positives there are at least two negatives; the AI takes the cake with regards to this.

Defensive AI: I may not be the best defensive player (I average 0.7 goals against per game) but I am somewhat an advanced player. I have witnessed and even captured many instances where the defenders run out of position instead of defending the area which is of the biggest threat to conceding a goal, I have witnessed instances where defenders run out of position and make no attempt of running back as they just stand there and watch the day go by, I have witnessed full backs straying out of the defensive line when a wondering striker runs behind the defence when the tactics are set to offside trap and not cover, I have witnessed defenders not jumping for headers after repeatedly pressing header, I have witnessed defenders not putting in a tackle when it would be the most easiest thing to do, instead they literally watch the striker run inches past him and even run past him then start jockeying him towards my keeper. There is honestly alot more elements to the defensive AI which truly astounds and amazes me (sarcastically speaking!) How didn't these errors get caught in beta testing?

Offensive AI: OK, this is the area of the game where I really do excel at. I can often create opportunities and goals from literally nothing. I can pass the opposition into oblivion often finishing games with 95% passing accuracy. I can create goal scoring opportunities by using an array of methods, from intricate passes involving a lot of interchange and 1-2s to simply out-dribbling the opponent. But what happens when you are forced to rely on the AI to make a simple run into space for an easy pass, you are forced to make a more difficult pass which has the chance of it being intercepted. What happens when you make a player make a run with L1(LB) and he runs into a group of defenders, again that opportunity to score is wasted and sometimes you have to start over again instead of risk loosing possession in the final third and being vulnerable on the counter. Whatever people may say to me, the AI in this game is astonishingly abysmal. No tactical awareness, no intelligent runs, no intelligent positioning. Even better still is when you have a shot on goal and your own team mate does everything possible to get in the way of it.

There is no explanation as to these mysteries other than poorly formed arguments about scripting, momentum et al, when really, it is no doubt in my mind down to poor coding. I feel there is no external force affecting the AI, but the game itself which is flawed. To be honest, I honestly doubt the competence of EA to create a game which consists of script as they fail with the most basic aspects to the gameplay. Take a look at the keepers for instance, they used to be terrible, they are still terrible and they will forever be terrible.

I can't help but feel that I am rambling on, but it honestly feels I have not written enough. This is literally not a comprehensive list of EA's failings with Fifa 11 and I could write another 1000 words on how bad the core gameplay is. I will not even start with the EA servers and the constant disconnections, the increasing lag issues, button lag etc. I do not want to delve deeper into EA's developing autonomy as I will find that my rating of this game will not be a 3 stars but will be worse. I do not find any enjoyment with this game, neither do I find any reason to play this game online any more. I feel EA have rested on their laurels and they have paid the ultimate price for their lethargy; the respect of loyal gamers, their credibility as a top developer and most importantly (in their perspective) future sales.

I think I will give PES the time it deserves.

Movement  In A Storm
Movement In A Storm

5.0 out of 5 stars How is he not more well known????, 23 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Movement In A Storm (Audio CD)
I started listening to James' melodic music when he released his album "Turning Down Water for Air". It was by complete accident that I found his music as I was actually looking for James Morrison as I was going to his concert and I thought I would learn a few songs only to be found singing James Yuill's album.

He is the type of artist which gives you goosebumps whilst listening to his mesmeric voice and synthesized sounds. I can honestly not get enough of him. He puts other artists to shame, and in my opinion deserves a lot more credit and acknowledgement by the wider audience.

I think that if someone hasn't heard his music or has no idea who he is, I say that you should give him the chance which he thoroughly deserves. It doesn't matter what music you usually listen to, I think everyone can respect and love the music he produces; and this is coming from someone who usually listens to Rap, Hip-Hop and R&B!

I would definitely recommend this album, its just simply genius!

Nokia N96 16GB Slide SmartPhone Unlocked Used Genuine UK
Nokia N96 16GB Slide SmartPhone Unlocked Used Genuine UK
Offered by Fone-Central

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit and miss or are people expecting too much?, 9 Sept. 2010
Basically this is the upgraded version of the N95 which was a huge success. I have had this phone for well over 18 months and I cannot find anything completely wrong with it. The camera takes about 8 seconds to load up so I wouldn't say its that bad! The picture quality is very good for a phone, you can't expect the best; its still only a phone. The buttons are great and I can type very fast with the phone. Call quality is high and I've never experienced any sort of drop of signal and I was with 02. Plenty of space for well over 2000 songs and accompanies a 3.5mm jack so I hook it up to my car stereo listening to my tunes. Can't fault it in anyway.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2011 11:43 PM GMT

olympus fe330 black
olympus fe330 black

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent low to mid range camera, 22 July 2010
This review is from: olympus fe330 black (Electronics)
I have had this camera for a couple of months now and I must say I am impressed by how big a punch this little package offers. I have taken thousands of photos from my time in Barcelona, Rome and Sharm el Sheikh, and everyone of them were perfect and some even have been framed.

It is light, compact (I carried it around in my pocket) and very sleek. I have this version in black and it definitely looks cool. I don't think it looks cheap at all and the chrome buttons, outer lens and large LCD screen compliment this camera justifiably.

I would definitely recommend this camera!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2012 6:40 PM BST

3.0 out of 5 stars Thank Me Later? Definitely!, 17 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Thank Me Later (Audio CD)
As a hardcore Drake fan owning ALL of his mixtapes, I can safely say this is a sub-par album with only a few decent tracks. I can't help but feel disappointed and deflated over the over-hyped first studio album. Its true Drake did not want to go too commercial, that promise he has kept. He also said that he made this album for his fans; this is so far from the truth.

If anyone had Toronto III, what happened to the track Made? In my opinion, this is one of his better tracks! He obviously has the ability to produce an album full of amazing songs; why he hasn't done that on his first album is beyond me. I would of liked to have seen a fast, lyrically outstanding track like "Stay Late" (Ransom) on here as the whole album seems depressing. I must admit, my favourite song on the whole album is "Thank me Now" and "Light Up". It is the only song which I actually enjoy listening to; this is probably due to the lack of singing!! Also, Jay-Z kills it; he will always be my favourite!

Moreover on the overall tone of the album, it seems that Drake portrays a rather dark time in his career rather than his original aim of inferring its a successful time. As it was his first album, I suppose he was under some restraints as to what he was able to rap about; contrary to his mixtapes which I feel is the real Drake. "Fear", "Winner", "Killer", "Say Something", "Made", "Baby Come With Me"(although this was only a 1 minute snippet!)...these are the songs, I assume, Drake fans want to hear! What happened with "Put it Down feat Bun B"?? I feel this had the potential to be one of Drakes biggest tracks and I honestly believed the full version would have been included within Thank me Later.

As to whether I would recommend this album to someone else...I regret to say no. If, like me, you have been a fan of Drake for the last couple of years, Stick to his mixtapes as I feel listening to Thank me Later will significantly affect your opinion of his music; I listen to his mixtapes still whilst his CD is amongst my collection.

Thank me Later? Definitely! I will save my thanks until you bring out another mixtape which puts this album in the shadows. Come on Drake, we know you can do better than this!!

The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
The Last Remnant (Xbox 360)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow.....what a game!, 22 Nov. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Let me be the first to review on what i would call a life line for the xbox 360!

As the release of gears 2 fades into the background, and having completed fallout 3 and gears 2, I needed another game to pass my time. Having read about this game in early 2007, i didn't even realise it was out. The day i remembered about this game, it was the 20th, so like any other japanese RPG life fan would do, i went out and paid £40 at game!

Now, if you do not like the final fantasy series or even one of my all time favourites 'Lost Odyssey', or even if you prefer the freedom that 'Oblivion' or 'Fallout 3' gave you, then i strongly advise that you DO NOT get this game. I never really enjoyed Oblivioin or Fallout3 as the story line wasnt that immersive, it seems that the side quests are the game fillers.

However, with 'The Last Remnant' i can assure you, that this may top Lost Odyssey, maybe not as far as Final Fantasy, but its so damn close! I've been playing it for around 10 hours, and let me tell you, i cannot get enough of it!

The first amazing feature of this game, is the combat system. Instead of the usual 4/5 characters fighting against 4/5 monsters, you have unions. These unions are consisted of up to 5 units, which you can strategically change each position of each unit with formatioins which all have pros and cons. At the moment my part size is up to 4 leaders(main characters), 3 unions (groups of soldiers) and 9 units. Therefore i have 3 unions consisting of 3 units each. In each city, there is a guild, you may hire and dismiss other leaders, and the further into the game you go, the stronger leaders you may hire! As you may have worked out, im only allowed 4 leaders, so what about the other 5 units? The answer, as you progress through the story, Lord David allows you to use his City's soldiers! These soldiers are free, and basically you use these to fill up your squads...the more you have, the easier battles, but of course, you can take the harder missions also. Imagine a battle with 70 odd units fighting at once! Its like mini wars where ever you go.

Secondly, I was wandering at the start of the game, how skills or magic can be incorporated into the game. It may be a disappointment, but you cannot dictate what each unit does, you control what the union does on a whole...attack with mystic arts, attack with combat arts etc. Mystic arts are things like spark(lignthing) and combat arts are skills like double hit. You cannot mix each one unless the command 'give it all you've got' shows which means every unit performs there strongest skill. Your main character Rush has a limit break, this is similar to 'omnislah' from ff7, where he strikes an entire Union several times dealing heavy damage. There are no limit bars however, it is the same with ff8, you can use this attack when on low health. Beware, you do not attack units, you attack the union. Each unit has an amount of HP etc, and all this is added up with every other unit in the union to give the HP etc of the union, this is the factor you must take into account!

Thirdly, there are no levels like traditional RPG, instead your strength, speed, intellect, mystic, HP skills all grow with battles fought.

Fourthly, I am no longer wandering why monsters carry money anymore, the same with Lost Odyssey and FF12, you have to sell either components or 'captured monsters' or find money in treasure chests(known as remnants). Your probably wondering "selling captured monsters, is it like Pokemon???", no your wrong, after every battle, you recieve components like 'talons, feathers etc' which can be made into other items, customise existing weapons or sold for a low price. Also, aswell as components, you may also capture the monsters you have defeated, these can then be either diseccted into other components or sold at a higher price, usually you will get at least 300 for hard monsters, however, i sold one monster for 1200, i think i have worked out there is a 30/70 chance of capturing an enemy.

Furthermore, as said above, you can now customise existing weapons into much stronger ones. They are categorised in ranks of 'orders'. I have a halberd spear in the fifth order, the original being the 8th i think, and the strongest being the 1st, i can only assume. The items needed for the stronger weapons become much more rarer and i can see myself hunting down the whole world for specific items for the strongest weapons! You can also customise shields!

The final point i will make is kind of a downfall to the game, however, i can understand why this is. Its the animations and voice acting...they don't co-incide, however, the reason for this is that the animations are set for japanese voice acting, not english, so even though one of the characters have finished saying something, he still may have his mouth moving about or his arms waving back and forth.

In conclusion, i must say this is a fantastic game, and not too give too much away with the story, is absolutely amazing. The start is a bit slow, and the game itself may seem complex, however, its pretty straight forward once you know the basics. A game of the year? Maybe in Japan, I think Gears 2 may take that award in the US and maybe Fallout 3 or Gears 2 in the UK. Still, a fantastic game i would reccomend to any RPG fan!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2009 8:55 AM GMT

Page: 1 | 2