Profile for M. J. Norman > Reviews

Content by M. J. Norman

M. J. Norman "treesurfer78" (Cardiff, UK.)

Hospitality Presents This Is Drum + Bass - Mixed By High Contrast + London Elektricity
Price: 4.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Entirely disappointing, 6 Mar 2010
If you like modern DnB along the lines of Pendulum then you will enjoy this outing. However, if you prefer artists such as Adam F, M Beat, Goldie and Roni Size then you will be sorely disappointed. Almost every track has the same drum line, borrowed straight from Pendumlum; the same 4/4 basic beat with no syncopation and no offbeat snare. It gets monotinous very quickly.

There are, however, three or four exceptions, but not until you get to tracks 15, then 26 and so on. Very few and far between. Also, this is not a continuous mix. Every track ends the same - with a kick drum and long echo.

For me this was a waste of time, money and bandwidth.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 9, 2010 12:30 AM GMT

PowerPlanet NB-2L, NB-2LH, BP-2L Compatible Digital Camera Battery for CANON
PowerPlanet NB-2L, NB-2LH, BP-2L Compatible Digital Camera Battery for CANON

5.0 out of 5 stars PowerPlanet NB-2LH EOS Battery, 22 Jun 2008
I can tell no difference between the quality and longevity of these third party batteries and Canon's own. I bought two of these batteries for my EOS 400D BG-E3 battery grip and have not been disappointed. They must have arrived fully charged and I have yet to recharge them after a fair bit of usage. For a fraction of the cost of the Canon batteries these ones will last you just as long. I don't think I will be buying a Canon brand battery again!

Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip For EOS 350D & 400D
Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip For EOS 350D & 400D

5.0 out of 5 stars BG-E3 Battery Grip, 22 Jun 2008
If you have an EOS 350D or 400D then I cannot recommend this product enough. Not only will it allow you to shoot for longer, as it has the capacity to hold two NB-2LH batteries or six AA's, but the added grip makes the camera feel sturdier in your hands. It is very comfortable and allows you to shoot in portrait without crossing over your hands. I don't think you will find a negative comment about this accessory.

Philips - DVDR7250H - DVD Recorder
Philips - DVDR7250H - DVD Recorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, poor, poor..., 27 Jan 2008
Things I find wrong with mine:

1. Painfully slow menus
2. Slow DVD loading times
3. Crashes randomly
4. Large & noisy
5. Did I mention painfully slow...?

Wish I could smash it up to bits, but I can't really afford a new one just yet.