Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Twine
Twine

4.0 out of 5 stars A mind bending little journey, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Twine (Kindle Edition)
If anything this story is thought provoking. Romance meets Horror both inciting thrills. The story itself is rather simple but leaves much to the reader's imagination. Open to interpretation the reader isn't bound by a black and white conclusion. In all, an enjoyable read.

SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
SimCity - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by scaddingk

1.0 out of 5 stars Not playable at all, 8 Mar. 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I can't play this game at all due to server difficulties. It won't even load the getting started tutorial city. I am in the UK, and there are currently 12 servers listed all of which bar 1 are busy and the one that "is available" has 20 minute waiting time in between requests. This is the biggest disappointment ever and I do not believe I will be purchasing another EA title again. I am seeking a refund for this one, this is a disgrace.

Update: I have since been refunded, I have no intention of buying this game or recommending it to anyone. I do not believe I will be buying another EA game.

Battery Operated Step Counter / Calor Counter
Battery Operated Step Counter / Calor Counter

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap enough to satisfy curiosity, 7 Oct. 2012
I bought this because I was curious about how far I was walking, I fully expected the product to be less than average as it was so cheap, but then again I was only curious and didn't want my curiosity to break the bank.

The counter's accuracy varies depending on the clothes you wear if you wear it on your waistline as it recommends, I would advise not to do this though. It can very easily clip onto your sock, it is discrete, quite comfortable, you forget you are wearing it half the time, I even had to check it was still attached but it was fastened securely.

Attached to your sock it is quite accurate, all steps are counted, I haven't experienced any of the problems the other reviews mention - then again, there is no off switch, the counter will switch off after a period of inactivity, if it was worn in a place where it isn't moving much I could easily see it switching off.

In conclusion, I would recommend this to anyone who is curious, check it actually moves in order to count your strides before you spend with it attached to find out it wasn't. There are much better pedometers out there which you can buy later if you want, there's no sense spending that much on something you aren't going to use after the novelty wears off. This pedometer has a low price tag and won't break the bank if you decide not to use it after you get an idea of what you walk.

What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
What Every BODY is Saying: An Ex-FBI Agent's Guide to Speed-Reading People
by Marvin Karlins

2.0 out of 5 stars Best used as a point of reference, 9 Dec. 2010
I found much of the content of this book to be common sense however there are a few nuggets of Gold mentioned in various places. My only major criticism is that this book offers little in the form of insight from a man with extensive experience - I felt the author was incredibly abstract in conveying that experience.

The author makes generic examples as well as one or two specific examples but he gives little insight into the application of the subject area. To me this book serves more as a compilation of information that could be found elsewhere as well as common sense gathered together into a single book to serve as a point of reference on the various aspects of Body Language.

I read the whole thing much to my displeasure so that I could judge it fairly but reading this book is akin to reading the dictionary [the latter of which might actually be more interesting]

My simple conclusion is that this book is not one that is easily read if it is even intended to be read - better served as a point of reference dipped into when you know what you are looking for; however the book lacks structure and is organised into 9 chapters with somewhat ambiguous names and I would find it hard to even use this book as a point of reference.

59 Seconds: Think a little, change a lot
59 Seconds: Think a little, change a lot
by Richard Wiseman

4.0 out of 5 stars An Interesting Read but more for reference, 9 Dec. 2010
The strongest feature of this book is its reference list, making reference to approximately 250 scientific research papers, journals and articles this book backs up almost every claim it makes.

I did not buy this book as a self help manual but I can see how and why many people buy it for this reason. If you are after a self help book and have a cynical mind or do not trust new age wisdom then this is an excellent book and provides practical advice including simple motivation and exercises and tasks which are easily completed.

I have a long standing interest in Psychology and I bought this book out of interest as to me this book is an evaluation of self-help methodologies through both a scientific and a Psychological perspective. To anyone interested in the Psychological aspects of happiness and the behavioral observations that have been made in numerous studies this book serves as an excellent reference point leading on to further reading.

The Full Facts Book of Cold Reading: A Comprehensive Guide to the Most Persuasive Psychological Technique in the World: A Comprehensive Guide to the ... Manipulation Technique in the World
by (Writer on cold reading) Ian Rowland

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Interesting Read, 17 Nov. 2010
What this book does, is make no direct claims about whether true Psychic abilities exist or do not exist. The author makes it clear from the start that this book details in essence the psychological aspects of Psychic readings.

This book will give you a solid understanding of Cold Reading and how it is structured. After reading this book you will be able to venture into cold reading - as with any new skill or ability only time and practice will bring forth the fruits of your labour.

The book is very easy to read, the author keeps things simple but at the same time does not treat the reader in a condescending manner - this more than anything is what makes this book so appealing to me, I feel, the author is trying to explain how cold reading works rather than lecture you on theories and practices.

If you are even remotely interested in cold reading I would advise you to read this book, even if you have no desire or interest to pursue any of Parapsychology this book is an excellent reference for anyone who would like to look passed what they know about social interaction and learn about the aspects that at the end of the day govern us all, as much or as little as some of us would care to admit.

Introducing Psychology: A Graphic Guide to Your Mind and Behaviour  (Introducing...)
Introducing Psychology: A Graphic Guide to Your Mind and Behaviour (Introducing...)
by Richard Appignanesi

5.0 out of 5 stars A Graphic Introduction, 5 Jun. 2010
This book is what it is; that is to say this book is a Graphical introduction to Psychology. The purpose of the illustrations can be debated some would argue they are there to break up the book so it's not just reams of text, other like myself would argue that they are placed there as visual cues. I have read other books on memory skills which teach various methods of remembering large amounts of information one such technique is the use of imagery - this is my reasoning for their presence.

Back to the book's content, this book is not and does not claim to be, a comprehensive guide to Psychology, it will introduce you to the subject of Psychology its various schools and approaches, it won't teach you any of this in detail though that isn't the purpose. This book is intended as a starting point, to give you an idea of the various areas of Psychology and let you pursue the ones that interest you.

The reading list at the end is particularly helpful and lists many many books that you should read depending on your interest, these are by various publishers and include academic text books for British and American schools, colleges and University level education.

In summary, if you already know the basics of Psychology like the schools and approaches then don't read this book it's not for you, this book is intended for people who are new to Psychology or have a passing interest and would like to know more.

Akasa AK-450-5G silver based thermal compound
Akasa AK-450-5G silver based thermal compound

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective and Easy to Use, 23 April 2010
This was the first time I have had to apply thermal past to a heat sink having never built a computer from scratch, but both the applicator syringe and the card spreader were very easy to use and mad the whole process very simple. I do not know about any technical benefits of one thermal compound or another so I won't comment on that.

Akasa AK-TC Tim Clean Sink
Akasa AK-TC Tim Clean Sink

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Effective, 23 April 2010
This is a very effective solution to my heatsink problem. I read of forums suggesting the use of sandpaper which I was reluctant to try, thankfully I found this solution which works perfectly. It doesn't take a lot to remove the paste, and like another review has said one bottle would likely last the average user a lifetime so the price isn't that bad in context.

I Dreamed a Dream
I Dreamed a Dream
Offered by Qoolist

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic and Emphatic, 23 April 2010
This review is from: I Dreamed a Dream (Audio CD)
I bought this as a present for my Mum. Susan Boyle's story is an interesting one as is her voice. I found some of the songs a bit depressing, but the singer has talent there is no doubt about that. I was a little let down by I dreamed a Dream, as it didn't seem as emphatic and powerful as her Britain's Got Talent audition.

Overall I would give this album 4 stars, a strong voice and quite relaxing to listen to there's really not a lot to say. I am not Subo's number 1 fan adn I was a critic of her when she on the show but she has really come into her own now I think.

Page: 1 | 2