Profile for Lizzie > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
The Other Child
The Other Child

3.0 out of 5 stars The Other Childby Lucy Atkins, 9 July 2016
This review is from: The Other Child (Kindle Edition)
I found the story rather complicated to follow. I didn't always understand the actions of the heroine and didn't feel they were always consistent with her character.

I found the whole storyline quite confusing. Maybe it's me but I didn't find it creditable!

3.0 out of 5 stars Horror indeed - Follow Me Home, 4 July 2016
This review is from: Follow You Home (Kindle Edition)
A very dark read. A fast moving, turn-paging complicated mystery. Humanity at its most depraved level and horror unimaginable.i hated the swearing in it and the darkness in it. But Ii had to know what happened to the main characters in the end so keep on reading. Not for me this book I,m afraid

Me Without You
Me Without You

3.0 out of 5 stars Me Without You, 26 Jun. 2016
This review is from: Me Without You (Kindle Edition)
I felt this book was very well written but unfortunately not one I enjoyed reading. Not because of its incredibly sad storyline but because I'm afraid I never actually connected with the heroine. Despite the rotten hand she had been dealt I found her to be controlling to the point of bullying on occasions and I didn't like that aspect of her personality. I felt her desperate need for independence pushed away the people nearest to her who wanted to be close to and look after her from their love. Most of all I hated her bad language. That might be very old fashioned of me but her swearing jarred my involvement in the story.
Although I respect the writing of the author this book was not really for me. Sorry.

Because She Loves Me
Because She Loves Me

4.0 out of 5 stars Because She Loves Me- or does she?, 15 Jun. 2016
A startlingly intense story with clearly defined and for the main part believable characters. The love story between the main characters is especially intense. The plot is complicated with a twist which I certainly didn't see coming! The book definitely makes the reader question their own judgement. I don't want to say much more for fear of giving too much away but I will say that this book certainly isn't for the faint hearted!,

Wireless Doorbell, TeckNet Dual-Power Cordless Door Chime With Detachable Desk Stand, Powered by Battery or USB DC Power Adapter, 250M Range
Offered by Hippidion.Store

1.0 out of 5 stars Replacement available..?, 4 Jun. 2016
Unfortunately after enjoying this Item for about three weeks it then stopped working!

Our Song
Our Song

5.0 out of 5 stars Our Song - A wonderful symphony telling the story of heartache, joy and the overriding power of love, 27 May 2016
This review is from: Our Song (Kindle Edition)
To me this story had absolutely everything I love starting with the characters themselves who were totally believable and likeable despite the events in which they found themselves involved in. Events which could happen to anyone and pose the question how would we react. There are no right and wrong reactions but we could easily identify with what happened because life has a way of throwing itself at us without any answers in tow. Who knows how we ourselves would react.
The story was beautifully scripted, so movingly told. The hospital scenes tore at my heart strings and brought back vividly memories of one particular endless night in my own life. The scenes were realistic and the final outcome a real surprise.
I just had to keep reading into the early hours of several mornings as I felt so much a part of the lives of all the characters in the book. I had to know the end and yet didn't want to lose the bonds I had made with them. Although I hadn't come across this author before what greater accolade could there be to any writer ? I shall most certainly look out for her books from now on.
I can only congratulate her for her depth of understanding of the human character and her ability to translate it with kindness and gentleness.

The Nightingale
The Nightingale

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed this book if I can say that about a ..., 24 April 2016
This review is from: The Nightingale (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book if I can say that about a book about such serious and disturbing content. But to me it did indeed encompass a celebration of courage, strength and patriotism of all those who tried in any way however small to counteract the invasion of their country.
I have long since admired those who made a stand about being overruled in their own towns and cities. It must have been galling to have had homes and possessions taken away, not to mention their food, and the need to retaliate somehow must have been a great motivation in the Resistance Groups.
However the dangers they risked not just to themselves but to others such as friends and relatives would have been enough to hold back many.
The story was told in enough detail to horrify but not too much to make us want to stop reading. It described events and the results of their actions clearly and without sentiment. My admiration for the people in the story representing many others is on a par with that for the author for her excellent story telling.

The Official Chelsea FC Annual 2016 (Annuals 2016)
The Official Chelsea FC Annual 2016 (Annuals 2016)
by David Antill

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2015
happy with product and servcie

Premier Housewares Round Wall Clock - Purple
Premier Housewares Round Wall Clock - Purple
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2015
Very happy with product and service

Linens Limited Terry Towelling Cotton Kitchen Tea Towels, Lilac/White, 3 Pack
Linens Limited Terry Towelling Cotton Kitchen Tea Towels, Lilac/White, 3 Pack
Offered by Linens Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 Dec. 2015
very pleased with product and service

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4