Profile for Chester Williams > Reviews

Content by Chester Williams

Chester Williams (Scotland)

Black xbox 360 headphones headset with microphone live chat, black xbox headphones, XBox 360 Large Style Headset (Earphone & Microphone) For xBox 360 Online Gaming with Foam Ear Pieces for Comfort and Adjustable Mic Arm & Volume Control by pjp electronics®
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful attitude towards customers...avoid, 27 Dec. 2014
This product worked fine for 3 months then the mic stopped working just before Christmas. I contacted the company on Boxing day to enquire about getting it repaired or a replacement only to receive a blunt reply stating that the warranty only lasts for 3 months. I missed the warranty by 2 or 3 days. I found this a perfect example of a company who don't care about their customers. I would advise people to save up and pay for a more expensive product...from a different company.

BPM 6 Pack of Anti Scratch LCD Front Shield Screen Protector Guard for New Apple iPod Touch 4G 4th Generation - 8GB 16GB 32GB 64GB
Offered by BPM UK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 1 Jan. 2013
Product arrived quickly and in perfect condition. Found it very difficult to apply it to the ipod. 2 of the screen protectors were ruined when i pulled the paper labels off and they tore. Left lots of bubbles on the screen as well. Tried using a credit card to remove them with little success. Don't think it's a fault in the product as I think all screen protectors have the same issues. Main point is though when it is applied it protects the ipod screen and the bubbles don't really affect the enjoyment as you dont see them when the ipod is switched on.

El Rey
El Rey
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent offering from Gedge and Co., 28 Nov. 2008
This review is from: El Rey (Audio CD)
Like most of the Wedding Present's album's, it takes several listens for it to take hold. There are several songs which would have been hits if they had been released at the band's peak. "Spider-Man On Hollywood", "Palisades", "Model, Actress, Whatever", "Don't Take Me Home Until I'm Drunk", and the single "The Thing I Like Best About Him Is His Girlfriend" are all typical lyrical genius offerings from David Gedge. While it isnt the best album from the band I would say it's better than the previous release, Take Fountain.

LUPO 205 Channel FM Transmitter (For all iPhones, iPads, MP3/MP4 Players)
LUPO 205 Channel FM Transmitter (For all iPhones, iPads, MP3/MP4 Players)
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfecto!, 31 Mar. 2008
This is great buy. So simple to get working that the instructions fit on the small box at the back. When playing through my car stereo the volume has to be turned up to twice the normal volume but it was as clear as listenning to a cd or the radio once I did this. I first tried using it with the batteries but found the sound quality was very poor with loads of interference so I connected it directly to the cigarette lighter and this solved the sound quality. The sound quality through my house stereo was also badly affected when using the batteries but I get a poor radio reception at my house so I put it down to this. Wasnt planning on using it in the house anyway.
I noticed another reviewer had the opposite problem with his working better with batteries in his car so for the cost of £6 it's worth buying it and trying both options. I'm sure one of them will work perfectly.
I also found the same product, although with a slightly more cooler grey and black colour available in a well known high street store and it was selling for £18 so unless you really are put off by the product's colour I wouldnt fork out more money elsewhere.
Also, this product arrived the very next day and the seller came across very well in his two e-mails.

Life With You
Life With You

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good but not as perfect as most of they're albums, 19 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Life With You (Audio CD)
I have been a huge Proclaimers fan since they're first hit. I would give 5 stars to every album they recorded apart from "Hit the highway" and they're previous offering "Restless soul". They're new album is a much mellower album in comparison to all they're other offerings with they're two amazing singles, "Life with you" and "Whole wide world" bringing some much needed catchiness and angst to the long player. Without these 2 tracks it would only have received 3 stars. I would say "If there's a God" is the only other amazing song on it. It's a good album but I feel they should maybe have taken a few more months to come up with another rockier tune or two to spice it up a bit.
If you are going to buy any Procaimers cd's I would make this one of you're last. Buy Sunshine on Leith, This is the Story and Persevere. All 3 of those albums are classic timeless albums of perfection. Born Innocent is also a great album. Hit the Highway is probably they're poorest album, the only one I'd give 3 stars to, in my opinion so leave that til last if you're going to buy up everything.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2009 12:25 PM GMT

Jim's Super Stereoworld
Jim's Super Stereoworld
Offered by EliteDigital UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Jim Bob's back and still has loads to say..., 1 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Jim's Super Stereoworld (Audio CD)
I actually bought this cd after his 2nd Stereoworld cd expecting more of the same. Unfortunately, it takes off from where I blame the Government and My name is Dave left off. Whereas "Big Flash Car" is an upbeat feelgood trip this is simply an average Carter USM effort. That's not to say it isnt any good. It's actually a very good album. However, out of all his solo material I would say this is my least favourite.

It does have some gems though. "Bonkers in the Nut", "Could U B The 1 I Waited 4", "King is Dead","When You're Gone", and best of all "My Name is John." My Name is John is one of Jim Bob's best ever songs in my opinion.

I would definately recommend this cd to any Carter fans, but I would advise them to go for "Big Flash Car" first as it's a classic.

In a Big Flash Car on a Saturday Night
In a Big Flash Car on a Saturday Night
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Jim Bob let's his hair down..., 2 Nov. 2006
Being a massive Carter USM fan, I have recently started to buy Jim Bob's albums. Whilst the Jim Bob albums are similar in lyrics, sound and overall feel, Jim's Super Stereoworld is a totally different kind of experience. Gone is all the angst and aggression so apparent in Carter's earlier cd's. Instead what we have is short album full of fun pop/punk/dance/rock music.

I found myself dancing in my car nodding my head like a drunk David Gray, playing an imaginary drum kit and chanting the catchy choruses.

No other album in my collection leaves me feeling so happy. Jim Bob has simply recorded a party cd which most Carter fans will love.

6 of the 9 songs are 10/10. The other 3 are pretty darned good.

Young Dumb(and full of fun) is probably the best track on the cd.

Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Great sound...shame about the length of wire, 21 Oct. 2005
I recently purchased a Sony MP3 player and found the headphones that came with it rather painful on the ear. After looking at the reviews on Amazon I decided to fork out for the MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones. Thought £25 was a bit pricey and the fear of the wire being as short as described put me off placing the order to begin with. However, after seeing no alternative with better reviews I placed the order.
The sound quality is magnificent. However, the wire is just too short, another foot of wire would have made all the difference. The left earphone cable is way too short and the right one is way too long and it cant be adjusted.
Not worth the money. Still better than the ones that came with the player though.