Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Block City Wars 3D
Block City Wars 3D

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!! u have to get it:), 26 July 2015
This review is from: Block City Wars 3D (App)
This is the best game ever! I think it is a really good game and that u should get it

Reckless (Mirrorworld Book 1)
Reckless (Mirrorworld Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Reckless, 2 Oct. 2014
I rated this book five star because it mixes fairy tales, reality, mystery, enemies and family all up together. it is a wonderful book.

A Beautiful Friendship (Honor Harrington - Star Kingdom Book 1)
A Beautiful Friendship (Honor Harrington - Star Kingdom Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Historical Honorverse, 4 Oct. 2013
The background of how humans and Treecats relationship started and grew in the early years. My 10 year old loved this and we will be getting the other books in the series.

Beginnings: Worlds of Honor 6 (Honor Harrington- Anthologies)
Beginnings: Worlds of Honor 6 (Honor Harrington- Anthologies)

4.0 out of 5 stars Beginnings, 4 Oct. 2013
As the title suggests this is generally historical pieces in the Honorverse rather than contemporary stories of the many characters. Still very interesting to see how Honor's parents met.

Super Powereds: Year 1
Super Powereds: Year 1

4.0 out of 5 stars Super Powereds, 4 Oct. 2013
An interesting introduction to a superpowered world with a limited number of Heroes but many people with powers.
I certainly intend getting the other books as they are released.

Europa Strike (Heritage, Book 3)
Europa Strike (Heritage, Book 3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Europa Strike, 22 May 2013
Another good book in an enjoyable linked set of series. Only the occasional proofreading failure, which sometimes required rereading a sentence, prevents me from given it 5 stars.

Psion Delta (Psion series #3)
Psion Delta (Psion series #3)

4.0 out of 5 stars Continuing a good series., 7 May 2013
I found this series by chance and have quickly read through the 3 volumes currently available and eagerly await the rest of them.

Dover Beach (The Last P.I. Series, Book 1)
Dover Beach (The Last P.I. Series, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting world, 7 May 2013
A good read with tantalising tidbits thrown in for the world background which were sufficient for the story but left me wanting to know more about what had happened. I look forward to more in this series.

Luna Marine (Heritage, Book 2)
Luna Marine (Heritage, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Luna Marine, 7 May 2013
Ian Douglas is proficient in this genre having delivered a number of series. This novel is the 2nd in the first of three related trilogies. In general I have found all of his books absorbing with engaging, believable characters and detailed descriptions without being over long.

The only reason I did not give this novel a 5 is the occasional proofreading error which I would have hoped to have been corrected by the time it came through printing to be available on Kindle.

Centre of Gravity (Star Carrier, Book 2)
Centre of Gravity (Star Carrier, Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Story, but ..., 5 Nov. 2012
I have read the first two books and will definitely get the third when it is released.

However, I do cringe at some of the mathematical/physical/practical errors that occur. I would be the first to admit that they are few and far apart but for me at least they do briefly spoil my enjoyment when I encounter them. Mostly he has done very well at keeping his calculation and assumptions correct but the one that gets me every time is the velocity of the KK rounds from the fighters which he mentions several times as being 175m/s. My problem with this is that it is half the muzzle velocity of a 9mm semiautomatic pistol and a simple search of Wikipedia shows a US Naval test of a railgun firing a 3.2kg projectile at 5.4km/s "in the late 2000's". Surely in the intervening four centuries and with the vast amounts of energy they seem to have available they should be able to compensate for a shorter 'barrel' and keep the velocity to a useful level. Similarly the carrier can only launch its projectiles at the same speed as the fighters are launched as it uses the same 'barrel'. Surely they should be able to simply use the same energy and so fire a lighter projectile at a higher velocity?

Despite these niggles the plot and characters continue to develop and we are introduced to several new alien races.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2012 1:12 PM GMT